All of the MS Le Lyrial cabins are with a forward location, while all public rooms are located aft. The passenger accommodations section is accessible via one staircase (aft) and only one elevator (forward). The ship’s passenger capacity may vary greatly since many of the staterooms are interconnecting and create suites. Wheelchair accessible cabins are only 3 (one on each deck 3-4-5, location near the elevator). The number of all cabin categories is 9.
Follows the review of Ponant Cruises Le Lyrial staterooms as furniture, amenities and complimentary services:
- All Le Lyrial cabins (regardless of category) have: king bed or convertible twin beds (bed tables, luxury mattress/bedding sets, silk cushions), bathroom (sink, shower, separate WC, terry bathrobes, luxury bath products), lounge/sitting area (long vanity desk, stationery, round table, armchair, mini-bar), dressing room (ample wardrobe/drawer space), flat TV (with movies on demand), hairdryer, iPod station, Wi-Fi Internet, personal safe, satellite direct-dial phone, power outlets (110/220), individual air conditioning.
- 24-hour room service (complimentary) is also available for guests in all categories staterooms. Room-service menu offers fast-food items (incl burgers and fries, steaks, salads – all free of charge). Bottled water on shore excursions is also complimentary.
- Luxury bath products in suites are by Sothys, in standard cabins are by L’Occitane.
- Excepting the only one Grand Suite, all cabin categories feature bathrooms with a sliding panel in the shower room, revealing a glass wall for unobstructed sea views.
- The largest stateroom is the Owner’s Suite (starboard location on deck 6). This is a three-room accommodation (one Prestige Suite plus one Prestige Stateroom), which has 2 separate full bedrooms (each with king bed, TV), master bathroom (Balneo bathtub, dual-sink vanity, separate WC/shower), second bathroom (WC, sink, shower), lounge area (double sofa bed, TV), dining area (4-seat dining table), private balcony (triple access).
- The Grand Suite (portside location on deck 6) is a two-room accommodation with master bedroom (king bed, TV), master bathroom (Balneo bathtub, dual-sink vanity, separate WC and shower), guest bathroom (WC, sink), lounge area (double sofa bed, TV), dining area (4-seat dining table), private balcony (dual access).
- Privilege and Prestige Suites are also two-room accommodations and have 2 bathrooms (each with separate WC/sink, one with shower, master bathroom has a bathtub), 2 dressing rooms, 2 TVs, 2 mini-bars. The lounge room has a double sofa bed. This cabin type is actually 2 connecting Prestige balcony cabins (on Decks 4 & 5 only) with a double-width veranda.
- Deluxe Suites’ bathrooms also feature separate bathtub/sink, WC and shower.
- Prestige and Deluxe cabins are the same and differ only by deck location/price.
- With the exception of Superior cabins (with Picture Window), all the Le Lyrial ship’s staterooms have private verandas with luxury lounge furniture (small table with 2 rattan chairs).
- Superior staterooms are furnished with wardrobe, single sofa bed, dressing table.
- Cabin categories with complimentary butler-service (included in Le Lyrial cruise fares) are SA-Owner Suite, DS6-Deluxe Suite, and also both categories Prestige Suites (PS5 and PS6).
- In-room babysitting is available upon request.
You can see all the furniture details on Compagnie du Ponant Le Lyrial cabin plans in the above table.
Since 2015, Compagnie du Ponant Le Lyrial cruise ship ticket prices are also “Open Bar” inclusive (of all beverages). This means unlimited and complimentary drinks served on the ship throughout the voyage. The list of included / free drinks has fine wines and champagnes, spirits, bottled water, all non-alcoholic drinks (also coffee), plus the mini-bar beverages in cabins.
Until summer 2015, Ponant cruise deals used to be all-inclusive (with drinks included) for the US market only. Ponant’s Europe-UK deals were inclusive of beverages served only with meals (fine wines and soft drinks). There was an optional all-inclusive alcohol package at GBP 210 PP per week.