Le Lyrial current position
Specifications of Le Lyrial
|Year built||2015 / Age: 8|
|Flag state||Wallis and Futuna|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Class||ice-strengthened cruise ship|
|Building cost||USD 150 million|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||142 m / 466 ft|
|Beam (width)||18 m / 59 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||10700 gt|
|Passengers||224 - 264|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Sister-ships||L’Austral, Le Boreal, Le Soleal|
|Owner||Groupe Artemis (Financiere Pinault)|
|Operator||Compagnie du Ponant Cruises|
Le Lyrial Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Mar 30||19 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria||Buenos Aires|
|2023 Apr 18||8 days, one-way from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Malaga||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria||$3800|
|2023 Apr 26||8 days, one-way from Malaga to Villefranche-sur-Mer||Malaga||$4410|
|2023 May 04||6 days, one-way from Villefranche-sur-Mer to Civitavecchia-Rome||Villefranche-sur-Mer|
|2023 May 10||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Valletta||Civitavecchia-Rome||$4880|
|2023 May 17||6 days, one-way from Valletta to Villefranche-sur-Mer||Valletta||$3670|
|2023 May 29||10 days, one-way from Villefranche-sur-Mer to Venice||Villefranche-sur-Mer|
|2023 Jun 08||7 days, round-trip 7 Night The Best of Croatia Cruise||Venice||$4880|
|2023 Jun 15||7 days, round-trip 7 Night The Best of Croatia Cruise||Venice||$5110|
|2023 Jun 22||7 days, round-trip 7 Night 8th Annual Piano Festival at Sea Cruise||Venice||$5600|
|2023 Jun 29||7 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus-Athens||Venice|
|2023 Jul 06||7 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$4010|
|2023 Aug 04||9 days, one-way from Istanbul to Venice||Istanbul||$5160|
|2023 Aug 20||7 days, round-trip 7 Night The Best of Croatia Cruise||Venice||$4420|
|2023 Aug 27||7 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus-Athens||Venice||$4190|
|2023 Sep 03||7 days, round-trip 7 Night At the Heart of the Greek Islands Cruise||Piraeus-Athens|
|2023 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip 7 Night At the Heart of the Greek Islands Cruise||Piraeus-Athens|
|2023 Sep 17||7 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Venice||Piraeus-Athens||$5050|
|2023 Sep 24||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia-Rome||Venice||$4510|
|2023 Oct 01||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Malaga||Civitavecchia-Rome||$4990|
|2023 Oct 08||5 days, one-way from Malaga to Dakar||Malaga||$1770|
|2023 Oct 14||20 days, one-way from Dakar to Santos||Dakar||$13080|
|2023 Nov 07||15 days, one-way from Montevideo to Ushuaia||Montevideo||$13090|
|2024 Apr 27||7 days, one-way from Saint-Malo to Dublin||Saint-Malo||$3710|
|2024 May 04||7 days, one-way from Dublin to Leith-Edinburgh||Dublin||$4360|
|2024 May 28||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jun 04||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jun 11||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jun 25||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jul 09||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Jul 23||7 days, round-trip 7 Night Fjords and Glaciers of Spitsbergen Cruise||Longyearbyen||$10320|
|2024 Aug 13||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$12010|
|2024 Aug 25||14 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands||Kangerlussuaq||$14000|
|2024 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands to Montreal||Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands||$10220|
|2024 Sep 19||12 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$9930|
Le Lyrial Review
Review of Le Lyrial
The 2015-built MS Le Lyrial cruise ship is the 4th (last) in a 4-ship series of same-designed Ponant-owned megayachts, with sisterships L'Austral, Le Boreal and Le Soleal. All these vessels feature ice-strengthened hulls, sleek-design superstructures, Zodiacs for ship-to-shore landing and coastal cruising itinerary routes (featuring overnight stays, long port days and late evening departures).
History - construction and ownership
Compagnie du Ponant (CDP) is a French cruise shipping company founded in April 1988 by former French Merchant Navy officers. All Ponant ships are France-flagged. The company specializes in premium adventure cruise travel targeting the French-speaking source market with all-inclusive deals. Most of CDP's fleet is based in Antarctica (December through March). All these mega-yachts offer modern amenities, premium service by highly-trained staff and crew, 5-star hotel amenities onboard. Exotic, offbeat itineraries visit popular travel destinations worldwide, including Caribbean, Baltic, Mediterranean, Southeast Asia, South America, Australia.
The 264-passenger ship Le Lyrial is named after the Lyra constellation. Its interior decor is inspired by the Vega star (in Lyra constellation). The elegant yacht has 6 decks, casual grill restaurant, and chic main dining room, open decks, classy evening entertainment, multiple observation areas (onboard elevators service decks 2 to 6).
Decks and Cabins
Ponant Le Lyrial staterooms (132 total, in 9 categories) are predominantly Prestige cabins (92) sized 205 ft2 / 19 m2, with step-out balconies 45 ft2 / 4 m2. The largest is the Owners Suite (485 ft2 / 45 m2 plus 95 ft2 / 9 m2 terrace). All staterooms have been decorated by French designers and offer 5-star hotel amenities, including smart HDTVs, DVD-CD player, minibar, King-size beds, contemporary furniture.
The boat has 7 decks, of which 6 passenger-accessible and 4 with cabins (33 suites plus 99 cabins).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Le Lyrial cruise ship is small enough and provides a truly intimate experience. This special yacht is ideally suited to visit ports of call that bigger ships cannot reach. On board, Le Lyrial offers two restaurants - the casual Le Grill and the Gastronomic restaurant (the main dining room serving international and French cuisine).
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial restaurants and food bars.
- Gastronomic Restaurant ("Le Coromandel", 268-seat, ship's MDR; serves International upscale cuisine; offers open-seating dining, with buffet-style breakfast and lunch, the waiter served dinner)
- Grill Restaurant ("Le Rodrigues", offers open-seating buffet breakfast and lunch, served dinner; has an outdoor seating area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Following the design of her sisters Le Boreal, L'Austral and Le Soleal, the latest cruise ship in the Ponant's fleet, Le Lyrial, has been specially designed for cruising in yacht style to the most exotic and remote world's areas. The cruise ship is equipped with dozen Zodiac rafts which take the passengers on outings in expedition style. The vessel features a small fitness, three lounges, a SPA, and a theater.
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- The Marina (water sports platform; offers mostly swimming; it is used only when Le Lyrial is anchored and the sea is calm)
- Le Lyrial Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area; features a chandelier with Swarovski crystals)
- Main Lounge ("Karikal Lounge") has a large-size LED screen and floor-ceiling windows. Here are offered early breakfast, specialty teas and brand coffees, Afternoon Tea service (complemented with gourmet cookies and fine chocolates). The evening entertainment features live performances by resident singer and pianist and an art auction/once per cruise). The lounge's outdoor area/aft terrace is the only smoking area on the boat.
- Boutique Shop (designer clothing, luxury jewelry, Ponant logo merchandise, special occasion gifts)
- Theatre (main show lounge for music and dance shows)
- Wellness Centre (Spa, Balneo Room, Hammam, Massage Room, Beauty Corner, Hair Salon, Shower Room, Relaxation Room, a spacious terrace)
- The Fitness (gym room with panoramic windows)
- Leisure Area (has a small kids playroom, Photo Gallery, Image & Photo desk via the partnership with Philippe Plisson, and Internet stations)
- Image and Photo Desk
- Swimming pool's sunbathing area (with luxury loungers)
- Panoramic Lounge and Bar (with an Internet corner, grand piano, Library, "Panoramic Terrace" - served by the Panoramic Bar, it is the ship's late-night disco)
- Sun Deck (open-air sunbathing area, served by the "Le Comptoir" bar, with luxury loungers, padded chairs, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf)
- Zodiacs (inflatable boats).
Le Lyrial itinerary program is based on cruises in Europe (the Mediterranean Inaugural season, with departures from Greece and Italy), and Antarctica cruises leaving from Argentina, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
For winter season 2021-2022, Ponant chartered the ship to the USA-based travel company Abercrombie & Kent (A&K) for a total of 4 expedition voyages to Antarctica. All leaving roundtrip from Ushuaia Argentina, the voyages had limited passenger capacity (max 200 guests) as well as limited max Zodiac boat capacity (8 guests) and bus capacity (60%/land transfers). All voyages included pre-cruise hotel overnights in Buenos Aires (with guided city tours) and domestic flights (Buenos Aires-Ushuaia-Buenos Aires).
- (Nov 28 - Dec 12, 2021) 15-day "Antarctica and the Total Solar Eclipse Cruise" itinerary visited South Orkney Islands and featured two guest lectures (Massimo Tarenghi/astronomer, and Susan Kilrain/former NASA astronaut) and themed onboard lectures (marine mammals, ornithology, geology, history, photography). Promo prices started from USD 19000 per person with double occupancy.
- (Dec 10-22, 2021) 12-day "Antarctic Cruise Adventure- A Changing Landscape" itinerary was climate changes-themed, featuring James McClintock (Antarctic researcher) as a guest lecturer. Promo prices started from USD 13000 pp.
- (Dec 20, 2021 - Jan 6, 2022) 18-day "Antarctica and South Georgia Island Holiday Voyage" itinerary visited the UK's South Georgia Island and celebrated Christmas and New Year's Eve in Antarctica. Promo prices started from USD 19500 pp.
- (Jan 4-21, 2022) 18-day "Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands Cruise" itinerary was photography-themed, featuring shipboard lectures and workshops led by Michael Melford (NatGeo photographer). Promo prices started from USD 20000 pp.
Le Lyrial - user reviews and comments
Photos of Le LyrialAdd Photo
Le Lyrial ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Ponant launched its Northern Hemisphere Summer 2024 program. Highlights include Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, and the Atlantic. 50 new...December 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Smithsonian Journeys - the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution (world's largest museum, education, and research complex) commenced voyages...August 14, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Walt Disney is planning its first cruises to Antarctica beginning later this year, using a chartered ship. The company also plans its first...March 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Since July 12, 2020, Bastia and North Corsica cruise ports welcome on a regular basis, cruise ship calls from two French companies - Ponant Cruises...October 11, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium French brand Ponant Cruises recently announced that it had 8 ships back sailing, with 4 of them offering itineraries within France. These...July 29, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The Louvre Museum (Paris France) is partnering with a top-luxury cruise company to offer cultural trips of the Adriatic and the Persian Gulf. ...July 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Over the next 4 years Ponant plans to create more than 130 unique expedition itineraries, including 18 already on sale. National Geographic...August 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Today, March 22, the only French-owned cruise line and world leader in expedition cruising to the polar regions, Ponant, opened bookings for over 22...March 22, 2018
- show more news
Other Ponant Cruises cruise ships
Le Lyrial Wiki
Le Lyrial cruise ship joined Compagnie du Ponant's fleet of luxury megayachts on April 11, 2015, when the shipbuilder Fincantieri officially delivered it as Ponant's 4th ship. Similarly designed are the sisterships Le Boreal (2010), L'Austral (2011) and Le Soleal (2013). MS Le Lyrial's Inaugural Cruise was in May 2015. The itinerary visited Mediterranean ports before heading to Antarctica.
The "Le Lyrial" name refers to the northern hemisphere's Lyra constellation. The ship's interior designer is the architect Jean-Philippe Nuel. The "luxury yachting" feel aboard is inspired by the blue light of the Lyra constellation's Vega star.
The vessel is a certified "Cleanship" (like the sisterships), featuring a modern marine propulsion system. It provides smooth and quiet navigation by creating reduced engine noise and little vibration. The modern vessel positioning system eliminates the need for the ship to anchor in order to remain stable, thus preventing contacts with seabeds in environmentally sensitive areas, such as coral reefs.
Antarctica cruises 2020-2021 (Abercrombie & Kent USA)
For winter season 2020-2021 Antarctica, Le Lyrial was time-chartered by the cruise travel company Abercrombie & Kent USA. A&K cruises are designed with families and each voyage is served by a dedicated Expedition Team (of ~18 staff members).
A&K's Early Booking Discount (reservations made through October 31, 2019) offered savings up to USD 4,000 pp plus USD 1,500 flight credit (for flights booked through A&K), while solo cruisers benefit 50% discount on cabin's single supplement. Abercrombie & Kent's Antarctica cruises on Le Lyrial include the themed voyages "Classic Antarctica - Enhanced Photography" ((December 7-19, 2020), "Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands" ((December 17, 2020 through January 5, 2021, and January 13-30, 2021) and "Classic Antarctica - Climate Change" (January 3-15, 2021).