Le Lyrial Review and Specifications
Specifications of Le Lyrial
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Class||ice-strengthened cruise ship|
|Building cost||USD 150 million|
|Owner||Groupe Artemis (Financiere Pinault)|
|Operator||Compagnie du Ponant Cruises|
|Speed||16 kn / 30 kph / 18 mph|
|Length (LOA)||142 m / 466 ft|
|Beam (width)||18 m / 59 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||10700 gt|
|Passengers||224 - 264|
|Decks with cabins||6|
Current position of Le Lyrial
Review of Le Lyrial
Launched in 2015, Le Lyrial is the newest in a series of four identical Compagnie du Ponant cruise ships, together with L'Austral, Le Boreal and Le Soleal. All these vessels feature ice-strengthened hulls, sleek-design superstructures, Zodiacs for ship-to-shore landing and coastal cruising itinerary routes (featuring overnight stays, long port days and late evening departures).
History - construction and ownership
Compagnie du Ponant (CDP) is a French cruise shipping company founded in April 1988 by former French Merchant Navy officers. All Ponant ships are France-flagged. The company specializes in premium adventure cruise travel targeting the French-speaking source market with all-inclusive deals. Most of CDP's fleet is based in Antarctica (December through March). All these mega-yachts offer modern amenities, premium service by highly-trained staff and crew, 5-star hotel amenities onboard. Exotic, offbeat itineraries visit popular travel destinations worldwide, including Caribbean, Baltic, Mediterranean, Southeast Asia, South America, Australia.
The 10,700-ton, 264-passenger cruise ship Le Lyrial is named after the Lyra constellation. Its interior decor is inspired by the Vega star (in Lyra constellation). The elegant yacht has 6 decks, casual grill restaurant, and chic main dining room, open decks, classy evening entertainment, multiple observation areas (onboard elevators service decks 2 to 6).
Cruise itinerary program
Le Lyrial itinerary program is based on cruises in Europe (the Mediterranean Inaugural season, with departures from Greece and Italy), and Antarctica cruises leaving from Argentina, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Le Lyrial staterooms are 200-sq.foot Prestige cabins (51). There are a total of 132 staterooms in 8 categories, and 94% of all are with private balconies. The largest aboard Le Lyrial is the Owner’s Suite (590 ft2). All staterooms provide individual air conditioning and twin beds/sofa converting to a queen-size bed. Other amenities include flat TVs with satellite channels, video on demand, electronic safe, mini-bar and iPod docks.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Le Lyrial cruise ship is small enough and provides a truly intimate experience. This special yacht is ideally suited to visit ports of call that bigger ships cannot reach. On board, Le Lyrial offers two restaurants – the casual Le Grill and the Gastronomic restaurant (the main dining room serving international and French cuisine).
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial restaurants and food bars.
- Gastronomic Restaurant (“Le Coromandel”, 268-seat, ship’s MDR; serves International upscale cuisine; offers open-seating dining, with buffet-style breakfast and lunch, the waiter served dinner)
- Grill Restaurant (“Le Rodrigues”, offers open-seating buffet breakfast and lunch, served dinner; has an outdoor seating area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Following the design of her sisters Le Boreal, L'Austral and Le Soleal, the latest cruise ship in the Ponant's fleet, Le Lyrial, has been specially designed for cruising in yacht style to the most exotic and remote world's areas. The cruise ship is equipped with dozen Zodiac rafts which take the passengers on outings in expedition style. The vessel features a small fitness, three lounges, a SPA, and a theater.
Follows the complete list of Le Lyrial lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- The Marina (water sports platform; offers mostly swimming; it is used only when Le Lyrial is anchored and the sea is calm)
- Le Lyrial Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area; features a chandelier with Swarovski crystals)
- Main Lounge (“Karikal Lounge”, with large-size LED screen and floor-ceiling windows; offers early breakfast, specialty teas and coffees, Afternoon Tea complemented with gourmet cookies and fine chocolates; evening entertainment features live performances by resident singer and pianist and an art auction, once per Le Lyrial cruise; the outdoor aft terrace is the only one smoking area on board)
- Boutique Shop (designer clothing, luxury jewelry, Ponant logo merchandise, special occasion gifts)
- Theatre (main show lounge for music and dance shows)
- Wellness Centre (Spa, Balneo Room, Hammam, Massage Room, Beauty Corner, Hair Salon, Shower Room, Relaxation Room, a spacious terrace)
- The Fitness (gym room with panoramic windows)
- Leisure Area (has a small kids playroom, Photo Gallery, Image & Photo desk via the partnership with Philippe Plisson, and Internet stations)
- Image and Photo Desk
- Swimming pool’s sunbathing area (with luxury loungers)
- Panoramic Lounge and Bar (with an Internet corner, grand piano, Library, “Panoramic Terrace” - served by the Panoramic Bar, it is the ship’s late-night “disco”)
- Sun Deck (open-air sunbathing area, served by the “Le Comptoir” bar, with luxury loungers, padded chairs, showers, deck games - Shuffleboard, Golf Driving Net, 9-hole Mini-Golf)
- Zodiacs (inflatable boats).
Le Lyrial wiki
Le Lyrial cruise ship is the latest addition to Compagnie du Ponant's fleet of luxury cruise yachts. The vessel will be launched in Spring 2015 and is the 4th of the Ponant Cruises yacht-style expedition ships. She will join her similarly designed sisters Le Boreal (2010), L'Austral (2011) and Le Soleal (2013). ms Le Lyrial's Inaugural Cruise was scheduled for April 2015. The new yacht's itinerary visited the Mediterranean before heading to Antarctica.
The "Le Lyrial" name refers to the northern hemisphere's Lyra constellation. The ship's interior designer is the architect Jean-Philippe Nuel. The "luxury yachting" feel aboard is inspired by the blue light of the Lyra constellation's Vega star.
The vessel is a certified "Cleanship" (like the sisterships), featuring a modern marine propulsion system. It provides smooth and quiet navigation by creating reduced engine noise and little vibration. The modern vessel positioning system eliminates the need for the ship to anchor in order to remain stable, thus preventing contacts with seabeds in environmentally sensitive areas, such as coral reefs.
Antarctica cruises 2020-2021 (Abercrombie & Kent USA)
For winter season 2020-2021 Antarctica, Le Lyrial was time-chartered by the cruise travel company Abercrombie & Kent USA. A&K cruises are designed with families and each voyage is served by a dedicated Expedition Team (of ~18 staff members).
A&K's Early Booking Discount (reservations made through October 31, 2019) offered savings up to USD 4,000 pp plus USD 1,500 flight credit (for flights booked through A&K), while solo cruisers benefit 50% discount on cabin's single supplement. Abercrombie & Kent's Antarctica cruises on Le Lyrial include the themed voyages "Classic Antarctica - Enhanced Photography" ((December 7-19, 2020), "Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands" ((December 17, 2020 through January 5, 2021, and January 13-30, 2021) and "Classic Antarctica - Climate Change" (January 3-15, 2021).
Le Lyrial - user reviews and comments
Photos of Le LyrialAdd Photo
Le Lyrial ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The Louvre Museum (Paris France) is partnering with a top-luxury cruise company to offer cultural trips of the Adriatic and the Persian Gulf. ...July 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Over the next 4 years Ponant plans to create more than 130 unique expedition itineraries, including 18 already on sale. National Geographic...August 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Today, March 22, the only French-owned cruise line and world leader in expedition cruising to the polar regions, Ponant, opened bookings for over 22...March 22, 2018
- show more news
Other Compagnie du Ponant cruise ships
Le Lyrial User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review