Review of Mein Schiff 5 deck 3 (Atlantik)
- Theater (lower level 1 of 3) is the ship’s main show lounge for grand-style music and show productions. The evening entertainment program offers opera and theatrical performances, musicals, varietes, themed dance and music shows, Sketch Parade, magicians acts, flying acrobatic artists. The theater (capacity 1000 seats) has a revolving stage and 8 dynamic LED screens.
- Hospital (located behind the theater) is operated by German doctors and nurses (on 24-hour duty) and primarily with German drugs. Payments are made by the boarding pass. Treatments at the Infirmary are equivalent to a private doctor’s visit. Germany’s health insurance policies don't apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.
- Reception Desk is in the Atrium (opposite to the lifts). It provides 24-hour guest services (dining reservations, lost baggage/property, onboard bills, purser /money exchange service), assistance, information.
- New on Deck 3 is the Atrium’s redesigned lobby area. It has the Thalia Leselounge (reading lounge with comfortable seating) and is served by the Nespresso Bar (cafe bar).
- “Atlantic Klassik” (capacity 530 seats, complimentary) is one of the ship’s three main dining rooms. The Klassik restaurant offers buffet-style Breakfast (7:30-10am), Lunch (12-2pm) and waiter-served Dinner (6-9:30pm, with a 5-course menu). All dining rooms’ menus are a la carte, with most items being cruise tickets price inclusive. Still, some menu inclusions (including alcohol- fine wines, Champagne, liquors) are at extra charge.
- Cruise cabins from 3000 to 3125, of which Inside cabins (categories – B connecting, 2 wheel-chair accessible /3006 & 3015), Oceanview cabins (categories A and B – sofa bed, double bed, connecting, 4 wheelchair accessible /#3097-3099-3101-3103).
Anker Deck (Deck 2 below) is the Tendering Deck with all 4 boarding areas (2 on each side of the ship). From here passengers embark on tender boats to visit ports without docks (quays, piers, wharves) with capacity to handle large-sized vessels.