Review of Mein Schiff 5 deck 4 (Seestern)
- Theater (balcony /upper level 2 of 3).
- Sturmfrei is the Teens Lounge with video gaming consoles, foosball table, dance floor, and activities like cooking classes, teen parties, karaoke, watching movies, etc.
- The Playground area has Spielplatz (video console games) and Internet corner (with 2 online stations). Internet access is complimentary for Suite-guests only. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, but costs extra (prices are per minute, for 1 hour or for 3 hours).
- Unlike the ships 3 and 4, TUI Schiff 5 has no the line’s signature “Sea Life” maritime museum (“Meerleben – Entdecken & Erleben”).
- Atelier (Workshop) is an art studio for painters.
- Klanghaus (Sound House, capacity 300 seats) has concert hall that simulates acoustics and hosts events, such as opera and cabaret performances, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, theatrical readings and comedies, lectures and media presentations. This is the first ever chamber music room at sea (with an ACS /Acoustic Control System). The Klanghaus doubles as indoor cinema (with surround sound system). The sound house’s moving seats allow this venue to be quickly transformed into a ballroom for dancing. The Mein Schiff 5 ship has as part of its staff ensemble members from DSO-Berlin (Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester).
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades span on 2 decks (4 and 5). Various luxury boutique shops here sell duty-free merchandise, such as accessories, brand fashion clothing, luxury perfumes and jewelry, tax-free tobaccos and liquor, TUI Cruises logo items.
- Konferenzraume (Conference rooms) host private and corporate meetings, workshops and conferences at sea.
- TUI Bar offers specialty cocktails and a variety of drinks. Many of the menu items are at surcharge, but most of the cocktails are cruise price inclusive.
- Landausfluge is the TUI Cruises’ Shore Excursions Desk (land tours booking, packages, information, excursions reservations).
- “Atlantik Brasserie” (portside) is the ship’s second dining room restaurant. It offers gourmet French cuisine specialties, plus a la carte menu and healthy menu choices. The Brasserie restaurant (capacity 265 seats) is complimentary and open for Breakfast (8-10 am), Lunch (12-2 pm) and Dinner (6-9:30 pm).
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (starboard) is the Mediterranean cuisine themed dining room restaurant (capacity 266 seats, complimentary). The Mediterran restaurant is open for Breakfast (7:30-10am), Lunch (12-2pm) and Dinner (6-9:30pm /waiter service). Some items in the a la carte menu are marked as “family meals” (ask the wait staff for more information).
- The aft-located Coffee Lounge is the ship’s patisserie, which is part of the Grosse Freiheit lounge’s lower level. It offers specialty coffees/teas, pastries, fine chocolates.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)