Oceana deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Oceana deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by P&O UK (P&O Cruises) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Oceana cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Oceana staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
P&O Oceana (built 2000, last refurbished in 2017 ) was one of the oldest P&O UK ships. This is also one of the Sun-class Princess Cruises ships - together with Sea Princess. MV Oceana was formerly known as “Ocean Princess” (while serving in the Princess fleet). In early-July 2020, due to the financial impact of the Coronavirus crisis, the cruise liner was sold and left the P&O Cruises UK fleet.
P and O Oceana ship has a total of 1008 staterooms for 2016 passengers (max capacity is 2419 guests), served by 870 crew/staff, with a total of 13 bars, 2 swimming pools, and 6 jacuzzies.
Note: On P&O Oceana ship, launderettes are located on decks A, B, C, E, F. These are passenger use laundry facilities (open 8am-10pm, complimentary), complete with dryers, washers, ironing boards. Detergent costs extra, or you can use your own. Dry cleaning (called Wascomat or Aquatex /eco-friendly wet cleaning) is available, with service charges per item. List with dry-cleaning prices is available in all cabins.
P&O Oceana deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The ship's last drydock refurbishment (2017 December 1-14) was done at Blohm+Voss shipyard (Hamburg Germany). The refit project was undertaken by the London-based interior design company RPW Design (UK). The list of changes/updates made during the drydock included:
- Terrace Bar (alfresco dining venue aft on Deck 14) was redesigned and received extensive renovation - new colour scheme, new lounge furniture, new tiling, renovated hot tubs, new canopy (shading seating area over the swimming pool).
- The Plaza (buffet restaurant on forward on Deck 14) was updated with new carpeting, floor tiling, new colour scheme, improved lighting, new chairs, new banquette seating.
- Magnums (Champagne bar midship on Deck 7) was updated with a new colour scheme, new furniture (bar stools, lounge chairs, sofas), redesigned (new private spaces were created by adding screens).
- Yacht & Compass Bar (pub/bar lounge forward on Deck 7) received a new colour scheme, new carpeting, new furniture (roped side tables, new fabrics), new dance floor.
- On Lido Deck 12, the youth facilities (Buzz Zone/arcade, Hideout, Treasure Chest, Nursery) received various upgrades and improvements. Kids and teen clubs' equipment was updated. New soft play area for kids was created. Walls and floors were redecorated with new schemes. The arts-crafts furniture was changed. The Nursery was relocated, thus improving the use of space.
- All Suites were refreshed with new colour schemes, new furniture (sofabeds, armchairs, coffee tables, lamps), new curtains, bed cushions, throws).
During drydock 2017, the US company General Electric (GE) via its subsidiary Marine Solutions provided new generation power electronics controller for the vessel. The ship's old controller was replaced with new digital propulsion controller for the ship's 4 propulsion units.
P&O Oceana deck plan changes 2012 refurbishment review
The list of deckplan changes after the ship's 11-day drydock project in 2012 included:
- renovation of all passenger rooms
- new carpeting throughout the ship
- Cafe Jardin’s menu was upgraded with the new Marco Pierre White specialty menu
- Le Club (disco & nightclub) was refurbished with new seating, and upgraded with a new lighting/audiovisual equipment
- Minor renovations were done to the pool area (Deck 12), the Horizon Grill (Deck 14) and the Plaza buffet (Deck 14).
- (Deck 7) The Cyb@study Internet Cafe was replaced by Card Room.
- Better (full) Wi-Fi coverage.
Oceana deck plans are property of P&O UK (P&O Cruises). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.