Review of Zambezi Queen deck 3 (Upper-Dining-Lounge-Pool)
- Upper Deck/Top Deck is entirely air-conditioned. The suggested dress code on board is smart casual.
- The Zambezi Queen houseboat has its Restaurant / Dining Room located here. It serves a total of 34 meals on each African river cruise and tours (11 dinners, 6 lunches and 17 breakfasts /including at the hotels and land tours). The Restaurant has floor-ceiling windows for unobstructed views on 3 sides. It operates as open-seating dining venue with fixed times for full English Breakfast, gourmet Lunch buffet (in the early afternoon) and 5-course formal Dinner. The Restaurant’s menu is by celebrity chef Pete Goff-Wood and features free-flowing fine wines and premium beers at lunch and dinner, and gourmet cuisine with authentic African specialties.
- Lounge & Bar area is with an open-plan and also has large panoramic windows for a relaxing Chobe river scenery observation and wildlife watching. The Bar is well appointed and stocked with top brands premium spirits and world-class wines.
- The all-teak Pool Deck area has the ship’s heated-water plunge pool (bow location). There is a small sunbathing area with sunloungers and chairs, with small tables in-between. The Pool Deck also serves as an open-air observation lounge served by the Bar.
- The second (shaded) outdoor seating area on Deck 3 is with aft location.
To meet all the strict environmental standards allowing African safari cruise vacations, the houseboat Zambezi Queen has installed on her roof photovoltaic solar panels. They provide electricity for the ship’s water treatment system, for all the led lighting on board, and also heating the swimming pool water.