RCI-Royal Caribbean, one of the world’s largest live entertainment producers, unveiled the lineup of multisensory, original entertainment expected on the highly-anticipated newbuild Wonder of the Seas.
Innovation comes to life across the line’s 4 signature high-tech “stages,” air, ice, stage, and water, with 4 new productions: “inTENse,” which is performed by the first-ever all-woman cast in the AquaTheater; “The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn;” “365: The Seasons on Ice” at the ice skating rink, Studio B; and “Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale” in the ship's Royal Theater.
100+ world-class performers and technicians will take part in the cutting-edge technology within the state-of-the-art venues of Royal Caribbean:
- inTENse – The AquaTheater’s first all-woman cast dials up the intensity in the open-air amphitheater with the deepest pool at sea. The cast performs Olympic-level dives from as high as 55 feet.
- 365: The Seasons on Ice – In Studio B, a story of the earth’s changing seasons is told via the artistic movement of champion ice skaters.
- The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn – Debuting later in 2022 in the Royal Theater, Royal Caribbean’s superheroes (The Effectors: Captain Viz, Lume, Pixel, Reverb) return in a high-tech battle with their archnemesis Crash and his sidekick Burn. The latest installment of The Effectors is larger and bolder, featuring applications of autonomous technology pioneered by the cruise company.
- Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale – The Royal Theater’s show, featuring a medley of music, singing, and dancing, underscores the power of performance art.
In addition to Wonder OTS original entertainment, a slate of live music throughout Royal Caribbean’s innovative ship creates the ultimate soundtrack day and night:
- The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar: live country music with brunch, dinner, and a late-night menu of southern staples, along with a collection of bourbon and American whiskeys.
- Wonder’s pool deck: with cocktails from The Lime & Coconut, live Caribbean music, DJs and performances throughout the day.
- Music Hall: live performances every night to rock out with a tribute band.
- Stowaway Piano: the roving piano player plays their own twist on classic tunes.
- Boleros: Latin flavor, due to a 6-piece band playing cumbia, salsa, merengue, samba.
- The English pub, Cask & Clipper: ales on tap alongside a stream of acoustic performances.
- Schooner Bar: an extensive menu of classic/signature cocktails with piano performers.
Cruisers can set sail onboard the world’s newest wonder on March 4, 2022, when Wonder OTS officially debuts in Fort Lauderdale FL.
The new cruise ship sets sail to the Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades, Florida, March-April 2022), the Mediterranean from Barcelona (Spain) and Civitavecchia-Rome (Italy, May-October 2022), and back to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral (Orlando, Florida, year-round starting November).