To celebrate International Beer Day, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line is serving up fleetwide a brand new brew, “ParchedPig Beach Lager”, a crisp and golden beer available in cans in bar/dining venues as well as on tap in select locations.
Developed by the line’s brew team, ParchedPig Beach Lager pairs with a Guy’s Burger/BlueIguana soft tacos, or as ale to enjoy on its own. Continuing partnership with Lakeland, Florida-based Brew Hub, CCL was the first cruise company to can/keg its own private label beers crafted by its in-house brewery team back in 2019, after introducing the onboard brewery concept aboard Carnival Vista in 2016.
Edward Allen, Carnival’s vice president of beverage operations, said that Beach Lager was a perfect complement to their Carnival Brews lineup. Lagers were very popular with their guests, so creating the delicious addition and bringing it fleetwide had been a logical next step for Carnival.
“We’re pleased to build on our successful partnership with Brew Hub and proud to strengthen our industry-leading effort as the first cruise line to can and keg its own beers crafted by our in-house brewery team.”
The Beach Lager joins a number of other favorite Carnival Brews already available on CCL ships:
- ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat (unfiltered wheat beer with flavors of orange and spices)
- ThirstyFrog Red (clean, light, and a little bold craft beer that offers "balanced character/whispers of toasted malt")
- ParchedPig West Coast IPA (embodiment of a traditional West Coast India Pale Ale, intense beer loaded with bitterness with a bright flavor profile/distinctive aroma of citrus and pine)
- ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale (with rich amber color and notes of toasted caramel/biscuit, well balanced and highly drinkable)
- Carnival Birthday Beer (refreshing golden ale with medium hops, specially prepared by the Carnival Brews Team, for the company's 50th Birthday celebration).