Embarking on an exploration of the Southern Hemisphere from Miami FL to Civitavecchia-Rome, the 105-day 2020 World Cruise onboard Crystal Serenity, named “Epic Empires and Idyllic Isles”, marks line’s 25th World Cruise, and calls at 47 port cities in 23 different countries from January 6, 2020 through April 21, 2020.
The Crystal Cruises journey also transits Panama and Suez Canals, Pacific and Indian oceans, Tasman, Andaman and Mediterranean seas. The itinerary features various diverse cultures along with UNESCO World Heritage Sites and island retreats. It is available in 7 focused segments of 13-18 days, as well as the full World Cruise.
Full world cruisers will also have the option to embark in LA for an 89-day cruise beginning January 22, 2020 and culminating in Rome on April 21, 2020.
Highlights of Crystal's 2020 “Epic Empires and Idyllic Isles” World Voyage include:
- Overnights in a total of 17 great port cities, such as Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai.
- A South Pacific trip visiting 9 idyllic isles with overnight stays in Bora Bora and Papeete.
- A tour of New Zealand, showcasing dramatic fjords and legendary winelands, with an opportunity to visit Queenstown.
- Exploration of Australia’s eastern coast with maiden visits to the resort towns of Airlie Beach and Mooloolaba, and Great Barrier Reef discovery.
- A trip through Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, en route to Sri Lanka, which homes a collection of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Overnight stays in Cochin and Mumbai as well as the ancient empires in Israel, Jordan, Oman and Egypt.
- Calls at lesser-explored destinations in the Mediterranean including Aghios Nikolaos (Crete), Siracusa and Larnaca, before finishing in The Eternal City of Rome.
2020 World Cruise will first be open for booking for 2018 World Cruise passengers, Crystal Society members and priority wait list guests. The voyage will be open to book for general public on May 1, 2018.
Passengers booking the full World Cruise receive special amenities and benefits, including a welcome celebration dinner onboard Crystal Serenity, “As You Wish” shipboard credit of up to US$2,000 per passenger, complimentary private car transfers between the cruise ship and airport, exclusive shore-side events, World Cruise-themed events and special gifts.