Norwegian Cruise Line introduced its upcoming Meet The Winemaker themed cruises. Each of them features opportunities to interact with popular names in vino business. Special events take place throughout the trips.
This marks the 3rd year NCL has offered the wine cruises. Not only will guests have the chance to meet the wine experts through Q&A sessions and seminars, but they can take the experience to the next level in a number of ways, including wine-paired dinners and guided wine-tastings by the special guest winemakers. The wine tastings run US$19.95 per person (plus gratuity and tax), while dinners are US$60 per person (plus gratuity and tax). Both are to be held in the NCL wine bar The Cellars.
Line-up of NCL wine cruises includes:
- September 23, 2018 (Norwegian Escape) featuring celebrity chef and James Beard award winner Aaron Sanchez, serving as the official ambassador and spokesperson for Terrazas De Los Andes, Moet-Hennessy’s Argentinian wine.
- October 12, 2018 (Norwegian Dawn) featuring Dina Mondavi, daughter of Isabel & Michael Mondavi, who represents 4 generations of wine makers.
- October 27, 2018 (Norwegian Bliss) featuring Salvatore Ferragamo, heir to the popular Italian fashion house and owner of Il Borro Winery, Tuscany.
- December 8, 2018 (Norwegian Bliss) featuring Bob Bertheau, head winemaker at Chateau St Michelle, who maintained vineyard’s legacy of crafting Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonay, Merlot and Riesling while putting his own spin on the variety of wines.
- January 12, 2019 (Norwegian Bliss) featuring Juan Munoz Oca, head winemaker at Columbia Crest, producing winery’s portfolio of Grand Estate, H3 and Reserve wines.
- February 16, 2019 (Norwegian Bliss) featuring Languedoc-Rousillo’s vinter, Gerard Bertrand.