Princess Cruises announced it is now preparing Regal Princess as the 2nd ship fully activated with MedallionClassTM experiences which are currently delivering personalized cruise vacations to passengers onboard Caribbean Princess.
The Regal Princess ship will be activated for her Caribbean Season beginning February 17, 2019. Princess OceanMedallion, which is included complimentary, is a wearable device elevating guest experience via delivering personalized service and enhanced experiences resulting in high passenger satisfaction scores.
OceanMedallion is a leading-edge technology delivering personalized service via enhanced guest-crew interactions, enables interactive entertainment and eliminates friction points.
Princess MedallionClass cruises offer guests a portfolio of experiences designed to enhance their vacation, such as:
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then the Carnival Corporation-owned cruise line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallion's best features is the "Ocean Ready" option. It streamlines the vacation planning, embarkation / debarkation in each of the seaports along the cruise itinerary, as well as cruise ship and airport transfers (meet and greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- "Ocean Ready" facilitates travel logistics as such customers traveling with Ocean Medallions are immediately recognised by the Carnival Corporation meet-and-greet crew at airports, from where they are transferred to the cruise port via "OceanLand Express" buses.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.