The polar expedition ship MV Sea Spirit will carry passengers for the 6th consecutive year to the Arctic and Antarctic in 2020 and 2021 under the guidance of Poseidon Expeditions, the specialist in active adventure voyages in the high latitudes.
The cruise line released the schedule and rates for all of 2020 Arctic and late 2020 and early 2021 Antarctic departures aboard Sea Spirit. Early booking discounts of 10-15%, depending on cabin categories selected will be in effect for bookings made by July 31, on all departures.
Additional departures of favorite voyages and new destinations that were added to the company's 2019-2020 seasons will continue into 2020-2021.
- West Spitsbergen & the Polar Ice Edge – 5 departures of company’s most popular Arctic cruise, range 9-12 days, all roundtrip from Longyearbyen, offered between May 31-June 30, 2020, with prices starting at US$7,286 per person, double occupancy.
- Arctic Odyssey: Spitsbergen, Greenland & Iceland – a 2-week voyage from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik takes place August 25-September 7, 2020, with fares from US$10,976 pp.
- Franz Josef Land Archipelago – a 14-day signature cruise in the Russian High Arctic operating roundtrip from Longyearbyen and including 3 departures, on July 20, August 1 and August 13, 2020, with prices from US$12,506 pp.
- East Greenland: Arctic Sights and Northern Lights – two aurora borealis-focused, 11-day voyages to East Greenland, roundtrip from Reykjavik, departing September 6 and 15, 2020 with fares from US$7,826 pp.
Returning in 2020 are a couple of single-departure itineraries which take advantage of Sea Spirit springtime repositioning to the northern climes. These are May 8, British Isles: Legendary History & Wild Nature discovery cruise, 13-day from Plymouth to Edinburgh, starting at US$7,466 pp, and May 21, From the Highlands to the High Arctic: Crossing the Arctic Circle, Jan Mayen & Spitsbergen, 12-day trip from Edinburgh to Longyearbyen starting at US$5,936 pp.
- 6 Antarctic Peninsula departures are offered aboard MV Sea Spirit, either 11- or 12-day in length, roundtrip from Ushuaia: November 29, December 8, December 18 Holiday cruise, December 27 New Year’s cruise, February 7, February 17. Prices start at US$8,906 pp.
- 4 Antarctica, South Georgia & Falkland Islands/Malvinas voyages, ranging from 21 to 24 days, are offered: October 19, November 10, January 6 and February 27, with fares from US$15,476 pp. Embarkation and disembarkation ports vary from Ushuaia to Montevideo, depending on the cruise.
- The popular Antarctic Circle: Crossing 66º South Latitude trip will again be offered January 25, 2021, a 15-day voyage, roundtrip from Ushuaia, starting at US$14,216 pp.
Sea Spirit passengers enjoy the recent US$1 million refurbishments of all 55 suites (up to 463 ft2) and public areas.