The most innovative vessel of the line is the first North American cruise ship to be powered by LNG.
The accommodations onboard Mardi Gras will feature over twenty different stateroom grades and multiple levels of luxurious suites. The new ship will also include Carnival's most expansive open decks and a grand atrium that will serve as the ship's hub and a stunning focal point where passengers will be welcomed onboard.
- Grand Central (mid-ship on Decks 6-8) takes the traditional cruise atrium concept to a new level, combining a day-to-night entertainment complex with a bar overlooking the ship's starboard side and 3-deck-high floor-to-ceiling windows. Bonsai Sushi and Bonsai Teppanyaki are steps away. There is also the Punchliner Comedy Club where travellers can enjoy nightly shows and the intimate Piano Bar 88 for sing-a-longs.
- French Quarter (aft on Deck 6) will be lined with new eateries and bars in a nod to New Orleans' culture. The neighbourhood will be linked through a 2-deck-high promenade with a traditional New Orleans jazz club featuring hand-crafted drinks and live entertainment.
- La Piazza (mid-ship on Deck 8) transports passengers to Italy to celebrate the heritage of line's senior officers with authentic Italian cuisine from the 24/7 Pizzeria del Capitano and family-style Cucina del Capitano to a new Mediterranean seafood restaurant. There is also a bar with classic Italian cocktails and live music at night.
- Summer Landing (aft on Deck 8) will be home to Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse offering smoked-on-board barbecue favourites by Guy Fieri, along with ParchedPig craft beers brewed onboard. There will be a pool, whirlpools, new bar, the lunch counter for Smokehouse Brewhouse and ample lounging spots and hangouts.
- Lido (aft on Deck 16-17) will feature Carnival favourites like the New England-inspired Seafood Shack, BlueIguana Cantina Mexican eatery, and Guy's Burger Joint, along with new concepts that are yet to be announced.
- The Ultimate Playground (aft on Decks 18-20) is a spacious family-friendly play area with great sea vistas highlighted by the fleet's largest Carnival WaterWorks aqua park and an expanded SportSquare. It is also the home to the anticipated BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster, which is the first rollercoaster at sea where riders can race along an 800-foot (244-metre) track with speeds of nearly 40 miles per hour.
Mardi Gras will also boast signature Carnival features such as the Serenity adults-only retreat, Alchemy Bar, and Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse. Further innovations are yet to be announced.
Bookings open on January 30.