Carnival Cruise Line's newest ship, Mardi Gras, which is scheduled to debut in late summer 2020, is expected to boast an array of architectural features and designs enhancing many aspects of the ship's interior, oceanview, and balcony staterooms.
The staterooms, developed via the partnership with the English leading product design firm DCA Design International, will reflect innovative design practices which are ergonomically-friendly as well as maximize visual space, surfaces, storage, and clean lines.
Design touches include:
- New sofas which "flip" into a bed as well as footstools which open up for storage.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on verandahs for easy balcony access.
- Flexible bedside reading lamps and a larger, customizable wardrobe with a pair of pull-out bins, folding shelves, sliding shoe rack, and storage under the bed.
- More USB connections and 110V power outlets both by the bed and on the vanity as well as more shelf space in order to accommodate electronic devices.
- Clear glass doors on the mini-refrigerators to see what is inside.
- Spacious bathrooms featuring glass shower doors, which are a first for the line, as well as an in-shower shaving bar.
Mardi Gras is expected to offer the widest accommodations' variety of any Carnival cruise ship with over 70% of staterooms offering an ocean view or balcony, as well as 300 pairs of connecting staterooms.
Mardi Gras will also offer favorites introduced on the Vista-class, such as the tropics-inspired Havana staterooms with vibrant interiors and outdoor patio space, extra-roomy Family Harbor staterooms with their nautical decor, and Cloud 9 Spa staterooms with the exclusive decor, spa bathrobes, slippers, and Elemis toiletries.
Mardi Gras will offer the most suites of any Carnival cruise ship, a total of over 180 of varying locations and size. Exciting details on the amenities and suites will be announced in the middle of April, including the premium level Excel Suites, that will include a set of exclusive offerings.
For more information on cabin categories, standard/complimentary amenities and services, and suite perks see at Carnival Mardi Gras staterooms.