Carnival Cruise Line recently unveiled several new food and beverage concepts onboard its highly anticipated Mardi Gras ship, scheduled to debut in 2020, along with details on the extensive offerings within the Lido and Summer Landing themed zones.
Carnival's new, only-on-Mardi Gras bar and dining spots in the two zones include RedFrog Tiki Bar, The Watering Hole, and Street Eats, among other popular branded outlets and the Big Chicken restaurant by the Chief Fun Officer of the company, Shaquille O'Neal.
- RedFrog Tiki Bar is designed to transport passengers to a South Pacific paradise. The 2-level RedFrog Tiki Bar is a twist on the line's popular poolside bar with rum-based cocktails in an island-inspired setting decked out with floral patterns, vibrant colours, and tiki heads. Not far from Guy's Burger Joint, travellers can try refreshing cocktails like Red's Rum Runner Jumper, Jungle Bird, and Polynesian Punch, presented in souvenir tiki glasses, Mai Tai glasses, and pineapples, with elaborate garnishes.
- The Watering Hole is located within The Patio at Summer Landing and modelled after a fun backyard gathering spot - best for guests to unwind with a cocktail and enjoy the sea views. The bar boasts a wide beer selection of which Carnival's own canned and draft brews, along with refreshing summer-inspired sips such as Tequila Sunset and the Watermelon Cooler.
- Street Eats is an open-air, free of charge eatery located next to Seafood Shack bringing the ready-to-eat street food to the seas via 3 themed kiosks offering steamed, fried, and plancha delicacies. Representing various global cuisines, the grab-and-go venue offers a daily rotating menu. Small plates including falafel or empanadas are available at the fried station, siu mai or bao buns at the steam outlet, and satay or kebabs at the plancha venue.
Carnival Mardi Gras will also boast the 2nd Big Chicken restaurant at sea by Carnival Chief Fun Officer and NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O'Neal. Debuting on Carnival Radiance next year, Big Chicken will be situated aft on the Lido Deck. The all-inclusive menus will give a glimpse into the family traditions of O'Neal as the menu items will be developed by the star himself as well as based on his favourite recipes.
Carnival Mardi Gras also takes the 2-deck-high Lido zone to new levels through:
- The biggest in the fleet Guy's Burger Joint by Food Network personality Guy Fieri, Mexican-themed eatery BlueIguana Cantina, New England-inspired Seafood Shack, and Lido Marketplace with an array of international favourites
- Mid-ship Beach Pool and infinity Aft Tides Pool with a bar, sweeping ocean views and ample seating
- Exciting entertainment like legendary deck parties and Dive-in Movies at Carnival Seaside Theater.
The ultimate chill spot for fun, Summer Landing will shelter:
- An expansive outdoor deck area with two whirlpools and an infinity pool
- A sports bar featuring indoor and outdoor TV screens
- Hang-out space with trivia, dance classes, arts and crafts
- Expanded Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse featuring smoked-on-board favourites, Carnival's ParchedPig craft beers brewed on site, as well as a stage for live music.
Still under construction at Meyer Turku shipyard, Mardi Gras is expected to enter service in Europe on August 31, 2020, prior to repositioning to New York City for a series of sailings then shift to Port Canaveral FL for year-round 7-day Caribbean itineraries beginning in October 2020.