Passengers will be able to conquer Europe's worth of adventures with Allure's upcoming new features, including The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, the Ultimate Abyss tallest slide at sea, redesigned Adventure Ocean kids and teens spaces, Quantum Class original Music Hall, and the first Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar.
Allure of the Seas will open her season of 7-night Western Mediterranean voyages from homeport Barcelona on May 10, 2020.
The Pool and Sports Zone neighbourhood will now tout the best family day out with feature highlights including:
- The tallest slide at sea, 10-story Ultimate Abyss.
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell.
- The reimagined pool deck, complete with a signature bar, The Lime & Coconut, across 2 locations, a wider variety of shade and seating with cabana-like "casitas," hammocks, swing seats, and daybeds; new whirlpools on the top deck, as well as a reinvigorated, adult-only Solarium.
- Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, with a Splash Pad for tots, twin drench buckets, 3 waterslides, pools, fountains, and water cannons.
Expanding on the ways families spend time together are the additions of completely reimagined spaces for babies, kids and teens, as well as popular RCI activities:
- New Adventure Ocean, where kids can choose their own adventures across a new layout. The makeover brings to life interactive and personalized activities and features in areas like The Arena for friendly competition in interactive games; The Play Place with whimsical rooms featuring climbable creations; The Workshop for science, tech fun, and hands-on art; the Hangout, to try gaming consoles; AO Babies for babies and tots, as well as experiential activities at the AO Junior space designed for 3- to 5-year-olds.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag in Clash for Crystal City & Royal Escape Room – Apollo 18: Lunar Landing, an expedition that challenges travellers to solve puzzle after puzzle.
- Maxed-out teens' spaces, debuting a 360-degree transformation, featuring a secret entrance that is leading into a lounge with gaming consoles, movies, music, places to hang out, and a new outdoor deck.
Allure of the Seas will deliver new culinary possibilities with even more restaurants, bars, and casual spots joining the diverse offering of complimentary and speciality options:
- Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar featuring family-style, rustic dining experience and an enhanced menu of Italian staples, as well as a wide selection of limoncellos and wines
- Portside BBQ with a menu inspired by barbecue styles across the US, such as brisket, chicken, pulled pork, burnt ends, mac & cheese, homestyle cornbread
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade with big-screen TVs and ice-cold brews
- El Loco Fresh, offering Mexican "street fare"
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr, manned by a couple of robot bartenders
- Sugar Beach, the sweetest spot onboard with over 220 types of ice cream and candy.
New venues added to Allure's nightlife on board include:
- A dedicated karaoke bar, Spotlight Karaoke, with both private room and main stage experiences, that will feature music trivia, themed nights, and a wealth of songs to choose from.
- A Quantum Class favourite, Music Hall, that will take live music to a new level via cover bands and revolving setlists, ample lounge seating on 2 levels and room to rock out.
Beginning in May 2020, Allure of the Seas' week-long Western Mediterranean voyages sailing roundtrip from Barcelona will visit Palma de Mallorca, Provence (Marseille), Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Naples/Capri, and Rome (Civitavecchia).
Allure of the Seas joins Oasis of the Seas as the 2nd Oasis-class ship to be reimagined in the US$1 billion Royal Amplified modernization program.
In November 2020, Allure is due to make her way coast to coast to Miami FL for the winter season. The reimagined ship will be sailing from Royal Caribbean's state-of-the-art Terminal A to offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, many of which include visits to the line's new private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay.