Fred Olsen Cruise Lines introduced a new mobile app to assist customers in making the most of their cruise experience, both onboard Fred Olsen’s 4 ocean liners (Balmoral, Black Watch, Boudicca, Braemar) and ashore.
The company created the app in response to growing demand from its clients for more technological solutions. It will be available to download from Google Play (Android) and App Store (Apple) free of charge and is accessible on both tablet and mobile devices. The new app includes the following features:
- Pre-cruise countdown
- Ability to pre-book ‘Shore Tours’ and complete ‘Guest Information’
- Ability to view ‘Cruise History’
- ‘Onboard Room Account’ Access
- Digital ‘Daily Times’ access, including the ability to filter and favorite activities, as well as set reminder alerts
- Access to ‘Restaurant and Bar Menus’
- Destination information - scheduled ports of call and changes can be adjusted within the app
- Access to ‘Ship Tracker’, ‘Deck Plans’, and more.
By downloading the new app before they embark, Fred Olsen passengers will not need to buy any WiFi onboard the ships to be able to make use of it. Once they've installed the app, they can connect to the network of the ship without having to pay for onboard WiFi, that will allow the function of the app to work in its entirety and will reduce the risk of connectivity issues. Some features, however, do require WiFi or internet access.
Following the app's introduction, the cruise company will be gathering passenger feedback on the new technology. Fred Olsen also plans to add its European riverboat - MS Brabant, to the app in due course.