Cunard Line announced its cruise program for the remainder of 2021, which includes an extended season in Japan and new itineraries in Iceland, North Cape, and the Baltics. Cunard’s iconic liners – Queen Elizabeth, Queen Victoria, and RMS Queen Mary 2 (QM2), will pamper guests with an exquisite onboard experience as they call at remarkable cities around the world.
The flagship QM2 is expected to increase the number of the brand’s Transatlantic Crossings in 2021, with New England and Canada voyages and short breaks in Europe. Queen Victoria will sail on a new 14-night itinerary in Iceland, and will also offer a new 9-night Baltic cruise with a maiden visit to Aarhus, Denmark. Queen Elizabeth is due to spend more time in East Asia with 5 roundtrip Tokyo sailings, including a maiden call at Seogwipo (Jeju Island, South Korea) followed by a couple of Southeast Asia voyages before heading to Australia.
Queen Mary 2 will continue to be the only vessel to offer regularly-scheduled service between London and New York City, making 23 Transatlantic Crossings between April and December 2021, including Crossings from Hamburg and Le Havre (Paris). QM2 will also sail her popular New England & Canada cruises over the July 4th holiday with an overnight in Boston, as well as in early October with overnights in Quebec City. Other itineraries include the Caribbean, Norwegian Fjords, and short break 5-night sailings in Western Europe.
Queen Mary 2 itinerary highlights include:
- 23 week-long and 8-night Transatlantic Crossings, including the ones docking at Hamburg and Le Havre
- 5-night Western Europe Short Breaks, that can be added to a Crossing/booked separately, featuring stops in Cherbourg, Rotterdam, St. Peter Port, Zeebrugge
- 3 week-long Norwegian Fjord itineraries roundtrip from London UK, in July and August
- The 4th of July 6-night Independence Day voyage, roundtrip from New York City, with an overnight stay in Boston
- Two 7-night New England & Canada itineraries between New York and Quebec City on October 1 and 8, including an overnight in Quebec City
- A 14-night roundtrip NYC New England & Canada itinerary
- A couple of Caribbean itineraries roundtrip from New York City including stops at various islands- a Thanksgiving voyage, and voyages during Christmas and New Year’s holidays
Queen Victoria will offer Northern Europe itineraries between May-November 2021, interspersed with several Southern Europe cruises in late spring and during autumn, all roundtrip from Southampton UK. The ship will make a maiden call in Aarhus and will have overnights on a variety of voyages in St. Petersburg, Reykjavik, Funchal and Lisbon. Evening departures are offered in Liverpool, Tromso, Narvik, and Funchal.
Queen Victoria itinerary highlights include:
- 2 new 14-night itineraries in Iceland, with the first one featuring the British Isles ports of Liverpool and Belfast, and the other calling at the Scottish ports of Invergordon and New Haven. Also visiting the Faroe Islands, Inverness, Reykjavik
- A new 9-night Baltic itinerary visiting Aarhus (a maiden call), Bornholm, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Kiel, Gothenburg
- A new 12-night North Cape itinerary visiting 6 Norwegian ports
- A 13-night British Isles itinerary, visiting Inverness, Liverpool, Glasgow, Belfast, St. Peter Port
- Four 7-night Norwegian Fjord itineraries
- Two 14-night Western Mediterranean itineraries visiting Porto, Barcelona, Cannes, Gibraltar.
- A 19-night Central Mediterranean itinerary featuring visits to Dubrovnik, Zadar, Sibenik
- A couple of 14-night Canary Islands itineraries visiting Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife
- A 4-night Western Europe itinerary visiting Bruges and Rotterdam.
In 2021, Queen Elizabeth offers an extended season in Japan with a couple of additional Tokyo roundtrip voyages in the spring. The first will call at Western and Southern Japan ports of Busan, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Nagasaki, and a maiden call at Seogwipo (Jeju Island, South Korea). The second voyage will circumnavigate Japan with visits to Aomori, Akita, Busan, Kanazawa, and Nagasaki. Following her June-August Alaska season, Queen Elizabeth is scheduled to return to Japan for 3 Tokyo roundtrip cruises and then sail to Southeast Asia with overnights in the ports of Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai. In November, the liner will sail to Australia and New Zealand.
Queen Elizabeth itinerary highlights include:
- 5 roundtrip Tokyo itineraries ranging from 7 to 9 nights in May, September and October
- 2 Asia/Orient itineraries, 8 and 10 nights. Ports of call include Nagasaki, Hong Kong, Hanoi, Da Nang, Shanghai, Singapore
- A 15-night Asia/Australia itinerary from Singapore to Sydney in November with ports of call at Bali, Brisbane, Jakarta
- An 11-night Australia itinerary from Sydney to Auckland with ports of call at Melbourne, Bay of Islands, Dunedin.