Royal Caribbean’s newest ship - Odyssey of the Seas, is expected to feature the most action-packed top deck in the fleet along with a number of ground-breaking firsts specially designed to create game-changing voyages.
The first Quantum Ultra Class ship set to arrive in North America will offer “dialed-up onboard adventures,” a 2-level pool deck and a collection of dining venues designed to please every palate.
- The additional Odyssey highlights include the ultimate SeaPlex activity space, which is being billed as the most interactive arcade to ever sail. This special space will include VR games for a group and individual play as well as augmented reality walls and floors for family experiences and high-tech competitions.
- Odyssey OTS will boast a reimagined Adventure Ocean where younger travelers can choose their own experiences across a new layout, while a maxed-out teen lounge with music, movies, and gaming consoles, will provide indoor and outdoor hangout options on an exclusive patio.
- The dining options onboard will include Teppanyaki (serving Far East flavors), and Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar (serving rustic Italian dishes).
- Entertainment across the cruise ship will feature high-tech signature productions in Two70 and the Royal Theater, where multimedia and art are merged for surrounding performances.
- Odyssey OTS will include the North Star glass capsule located 300 feet above sea level to provide 360-degree views.
- The 2-level pool deck will offer various options to soak up the sun, including a couple of open-air, resort-style pools and 4 whirlpools, surrounded by hammocks and casitas.
- The youngest guests may want to head to Splashaway Bay aqua park that includes waterslides, fountains, and water cannons.
- For adult passengers, there is the Solarium, an exclusive spot on the top deck including a full-service bar, swimming pools, whirlpools, daybeds and hidden nooks for relaxation.
The inaugural year of the ship is slated to kick off in November 2020 in the Caribbean taking vacationers to destinations like Aruba, Curacao, Grand Cayman and Mexico on 8- and 6-night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale FL.