MSC Meraviglia Denied Entry to Cayman

   February 26, 2020 ,   Accidents

An MSC Cruises liner carrying a crew member reportedly having a travel history to a country which had recorded Coronavirus cases has been denied entry into the Cayman Islands. MSC Meraviglia (carrying a total of 4488 passengers) was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, February 26. However, Health Minister Dwayne Seymour said in a statement on Tuesday evening that the ship would not be allowed to dock.

The ship was ordered to remain at sea close to Ocho Rios Jamaica after it was discovered that the crew had travelled to the Philippines within the last 2 weeks. The man (kept in isolation) is reportedly having “flu-like symptoms” and suffering from “a cough, fever and associated muscle pains”.

MSC Meraviglia cruise ship

Earlier in the day, Premier Alden McLaughlin said the crew member had been tested in Jamaica and did not have COVID-19. However, they were taking all possible precautions.

For other MSC Meraviglia accidents and incidents see at the ship's CruiseMinus page.

For Coronavirus updates on cruise ship quarantines (infected passengers and crew) and top-pandemic countries (COVID-19 cases and deaths, daily updated statistics) see at CruiseMapper's Norovirus page.

This website uses cookies and local storage. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies and local storage.