The British overseas territory Commonwealth of The Bahamas on October 31 announced streamlined entry protocols that are due to enabling visitors to better enjoy the Bahamian vacation experience.
Effective November 1, 2020, The Bahamas require all travellers to:
- obtain a Coronavirus (COVID-19) RT PCR test 5 days before arrival
- apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
- complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes, for the duration of the visit
- take a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Rapid Antigen Test on day 5 of their visit (unless departing on day 5).
- always wear a mask and social distance in public places.
In addition, beginning November 14, 2020, all visitors will be required to opt-in to mandatory Coronavirus (COVID-19) health insurance when applying for the Health Travel Visa. The insurance covers travellers for the duration of their Bahamas stay.
The country's largest cruise port is Nassau (on New Providence Island).