Pullmantur Cruises to resume operations with two Millennium Class ships

   November 27, 2020 ,   Cruise Industry

The insolvent Pullmantur Cruises might resume operations at the end of next year. Two Millennium-Class vessels from Celebrity Cruises could operate for the Spanish company in 2021-Q4. This emerged from a business plan the insolvency administrator publicly reported.

Royal Caribbean Group holds 49% of the Pullmantur's shares and has presented a cooperation agreement, according to which 2 liners from Celebrity could operate for the Pullmantur brand. The remaining 51% of the Pullmantur's shares are owned by Springwater Fund. The company's restart date should be in December 2021.

It has not been announced which ships are involved, but the Celebrity's Millennium-Class fleet includes Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Summit. The 4 ships entered service between 2000-2002 and are the oldest in the Celebrity fleet. Summit and Millennium were extensively drydock modernized in 2019.

Celebrity Summit cruise ship

Pullmantur has regularly taken over older liners from Celebrity Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group also wants to offer Pullmantur customers a voucher (FCC-Future Cruise Credit) of 125% for their cancelled cruises in 2020, redeemable at Celebrity Cruises and RCI-Royal Caribbean International.

Sufficient funds are available to use the plan to lead Pullmantur out of bankruptcy, to resume sailings, and to avoid financial losses for clients due to the bankruptcy. The concrete feasibility of the new plan is being examined.

We and our partners store and/or access information on a device, such as cookies and process personal data, such as unique identifiers for personalized ads and content and audience insights, as well as to develop and improve products. By clicking “Allow All”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device.