2 COVID-positive passengers on Royal Caribbean's ship Adventure of the Seas

   June 26, 2021 ,   Accidents

Two passengers aboard RCI-Royal Caribbean's ship Adventure of the Seas tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID) during routine testing and are returning home, the company revealed on Thursday, June 24.

This comes after 2 passengers on Celebrity Millennium tested positive and RCI’s Odyssey OTS was delayed after 8 crew also tested positive.

Both passengers were unvaccinated and under the age of 16. One passenger is asymptomatic and the other is experiencing mild symptoms.

Other vacationers sailing with the minors and travelers who came into close contact are all vaccinated and have tested negative the company said.

Adventure Of The Seas cruise ship

The infected passengers and those sailing with them were disembarked in Freeport (Bahamas, Grand Bahama Island), and flew back home to Florida.

According to RCI, 92% of Adventure OTS's passengers were fully vaccinated, with the remaining 8% of them being under the age of 16.

The ship's crew are all vaccinated.

For more Adventure of the Seas accidents and incidents see the ship's CruiseMinus page.

Your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers, and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app. Some vendors may process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, which you can object to by managing your options below. Look for a link at the bottom of this page or in our privacy policy where you can withdraw consent.