Learn about current P&O Cruises alcohol policy and how much cost drinks on P&O Cruises ships (drink prices regularly updated). P&O line's beverage policy was changed pretty soon for liquor availability to be consumed in the stateroom. Originally guests could take their own drink but it was also easy to order through interactive TV (room steward delivery) within 24 hours.
P&O Alcohol Policy
In 2011, P and O cruise lines introduced the new Duty-Free shops offering good prices and available almost immediately. Very soon though, and not surprisingly, prices went up by 50%, which was still a good deal. This is the reason why it makes sense to take mixers and buy alcohol on board P&O cruise ships.
Drinking age on PandO ships
Passengers must be 18-year old or over to be allowed to purchase or consume alcohol (or to gamble) onboard P&O. Guests younger than 18 are not served alcohol. Drinking age is 18 years outside US waters, and in American Waters - 21 years. 16 and 17 years old may be brought cider, wine, or beer to drink with meals in P and O restaurants, only if accompanied by an adult. Alcohol ashore purchased by under 18's are confiscated at the gangway. Government photo identification is sometimes requested - Queensland ‘Adult Proof Age Card’ is accepted, but the older Queensland ‘Card 18+’ version is not.
Can I bring alcohol on P&O cruises - alcohol policy
How about bringing liquor at embarkation? According to P and O Cruises, passengers may bring small amounts of alcohol onboard with no amount of restriction. However, P&O reserves the right for removing alcohol at gangway should any need arise. The line generally allows reasonable alcohol amounts to be taken for yourself to enjoy in the cabin, but taking bottles into lounges or restaurants incurs corkage fees. Note that the charged corkage fees will cost you GBP 11 per item of any size, per occasion.
NOTE: In November 2017, in a change to previous policies, P&O places restrictions on the amount of alcohol that is brought onboard. Currently, each guest 18 or older is allowed to only bring 1 bottle of beer, wine, Champagne, liqueur or spirits up to 1 liter during embarkation. Additional alcohol, of which any bought ashore or in the duty-free shops onboard, is confiscated and held until the sailing's last night.
At embarkation and disembarkation all your luggage, including check-in and hand, will be x-rayed. Passengers have to declare to Customs the amounts of excess alcohol.
Bringing champagne or wine onboard is allowed. If you wish to take champagne or wine onboard for celebrating an event, the bottles' number will be at port authorities' discretion. You will be also charged the due corkage fees.
Purchasing liquor from P&O cruise ships’ duty-free shops and ashore
- Purchasing liquor in ports of call is allowed. Any purchased ashore alcohol will be collected at the gangway, kept safe and returned to you on the last day of the voyage.
- Duty-free liquor products that are sold in P&O ships' shops will be available only to take home. If you make an order at any time during the voyage via these shops, your orders will be available to collect at the end of the cruise.
- Passengers under 18 will are not permitted to purchase alcohol and may be asked to verify age. It's prohibited to attempt purchasing alcohol for those who are under 18 in the onboard shops.
- If you want to purchase a bottle of alcohol for consumption in the cabin during the voyage, you must make a room service order. The service details are located in the cabin directory.
- P&O shops offer a price guarantee on tobacco and liquor purchases. The line guarantees that her duty-free shop is cheaper than any of the comparable outlets (including shops ashore during your voyage). All you have to do is provide proof of cheaper price from retailers recognized by P&O. Online price comparison is not included. If you have purchased alcohol onboard, the shop will make a refund for the difference back on your onboard account. When you haven't purchased yet, but have proof of cheaper price ashore, P&O duty-free shops will price match.
- Free alcoholic beverages are served at P&O ships' cocktail parties.
- Duty-free shops location by ship: Arcadia (Deck 3); Adonia (Deck 5); Aurora, Azura, Oceana, Ventura (Deck 6); Oriana (Deck 7).
P&O Cruises beer list on ships
- Draught beers: Boddingtons and Stella Artois.
- Bottled beers: Bass Pale Ale, Beck's, Beck's nonalcoholic, Boddingtons, Budweiser, Caffrey's, Carlsberg, Corona, Greene King IPA, Guinness, John Smith's, Kingfisher, Leffe, Magners and Magners Pear, Marston Pedigree, Newcastle Brown Ale, Old Speckled Hen, Peroni Nastro Azzuro, Spitfire, San Miguel, Stella Artois, Strongbow, Tiger.
Specialty bars on P and O cruise ships
Onboard each P&O ship there are a variety of specialty bars, which offer a range of drinks at low and competitive prices. Drinks can be also purchased in P&O restaurants. There are different specialty bars on P&O ships and they vary by vessel. Anderson Bar is on Aurora and Oriana; Intermezzo on Arcadia; Blue Bar on Azura; Magnums on Oceana, and Red Bar on Ventura, all offer special drinks' selections, only available in there. Also discover treats like Pendryn Welsh Whisky, Williams English Gin, Champagne and caviar, and many others.
How much are drinks on P&O Cruises - alcohol and drink prices
Note: All P&O Cruises drink prices are in GBP / British pounds (GBP ).
- All liqueur and spirit measures are 25ml (0,8 US fl oz)
- Aperitif, port and sherry measures are 50ml (1,7 US fl oz)
- Prices of drinks are inclusive of gratuities.
Bar Menu beer prices
|Beer Brands||Prices in GBP|
Carlsberg 330ml – Denmark
Beck’s Non-Alcoholic 330ml – Germany
Ciders and Specialty beverages prices
These are the prices of bottled or canned beverages (soft drinks, mocktails).
|Beverage Brands||Prices in GBP|
Magners Original Irish and Pear 568ml
Old Speckled Hen
Aspa ll Draught Cyder
Ales, bitters, stout beers prices
|Beer Brands||Prices in GBP|
Gin and Gin cocktails prices
|Gin Brands / Cocktails||Prices in GBP|
Cocktail drinks prices
Follow the prices of alcohol drinks served over ice, and of refreshing cocktails.
|Cocktails||Prices in GBP|
Champagne and Sparkling Wine cocktails
By the glass WINE prices
|Wine Brands||Prices by the glass (175 ml) GBP||Prices by the glass (250 ml) GBP|
Champagnes and Sparkling wines
By the bottle WINE prices
|Wine Types||Wine Brands||Prices per bottle in GBP|
Soda and soft beverages prices
|Soft Drinks||Prices in GBP|
Fruit juices 150ml (orange, apple, pineapple, cranberry, tomato, grapefruit)
(canned) Red Bull
(bottled / canned)
(bottled / canned) Ginger Beer
(bottled / canned) Mixer small can
(bottled / canned)
Alcohol prices (of wines, spirits, aperitifs, whiskies)
|Alcohol Drinks||Prices in GBP|
Gin - Bombay Sapphire
Vodka - Grey Goose
LIQUEURS & SPECIALITY SPIRITS
P&O Cruises alcohol packages
"Spirit Package" prices also include 6x (150ml) soda cans of your choice as a bonus. All cabin bottle purchases are allowed only for in-cabin consumption.
NEW "P&O Australia" alcohol package (all-inclusive, unlimited drinks)In September 2015, the P&O Cruises Australia line introduced its first alcohol package on the ship Pacific Pearl (now CMV Columbus). The new drink package was rolled out across the PandO Australia's fleet. Named “Premium Beverage”, the new all-inclusive drink package's price is AUD 69 per person per day. The unlimited beverage package (non-transferable, 1 drink ordered at a time) includes wine (by the glass), beer, liquor (spirits priced up to AUD 12), bottled water, also soft drinks and coffee/tea. The offer will be available on 7 nights and longer P&O AU cruises.P&O Cruises wine packagesWine packages can be consumed either in your cabin or in the restaurant. These would give up to 15% savings on normal cost."The Commodore Collection" wine package"The Captain's Collection" wine packageP and O Cruises wine list pricesThe listed below pricing is per bottle.
- Soft Drinks Package: A soft drinks package is also available to buy at a cost of GBP 35, including 20 refills of 330ml soft drinks from any PO bar (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade). This would give 10% savings on normal cost.
- Costa Coffee Card: A coffee card is available to buy at a cost of GBP 21,50, including 10 Primo (12oz) Costa coffees, Latte, Cappuccino or Americano.
P&O alcohol policy is committed to responsible liquor service. Sometimes the P and O line may consider appropriate to refuse alcohol service to a passenger for any reason. P&O also reserves the right for taking alcohol (when brought on board) at the gangway and returning to guests at the end of the voyage. The company stated they would implement this alcohol policy only when they consider it likely that comfort, health, and safety of passengers may be compromised.
|Alcohol Brands||"Bottle Only" price GBP||"Spirit Package" 1 Ltr bottle price) GBP|
Dewars, Famous Grouse
|Johnnie Walker Black Label||36||41,40|
|Bombay Sapphire Gin||26||31,40|
|Grey Goose Vodka||40||45,40|
|Bacardi Oakheart Rum||25||30,40|
|Courvoisier VS Brandy||35||40,40|
|Port - Graham’s Late Bottled Vintage||10||15,40|
|Pimms - Baileys Irish Cream||25||30,40|
|Archers Peach Schnapps||22||27,40|
NEW "P&O Australia" alcohol package (all-inclusive, unlimited drinks)
In September 2015, P&O Cruises Australia introduced its first alcohol package on the ship Pacific Pearl (now CMV Columbus). The new drink package was rolled out fleetwide.
- Named “Premium Beverage”, the new all-inclusive drink package's price is AUD 69 per person per day.
- The unlimited beverage package is non-transferable and limited to 1 drink order at a time.
- The package includes wine (by the glass), beer, liquor (spirits priced up to AUD 12 per drink), bottled water, also soft drinks and coffee/tea.
- This special offer is available on 7-nights and longer P&O Australia cruise itineraries.
P and O Cruises WINE packages
Wine packages can be consumed either in the stateroom or in the restaurant. These would give up to 15% savings on normal cost. Mix and match to create your own package - choose between:
|Package Price in GBP||Wine Brands (old collection)||Wine Brands (new collection)|