Beppu is a port city located in Oita Prefecture on Kyushu Island, Japan, at the west end of Beppu Bay. The city covers a total area of approx 125,13 km2 (48,31 ml2) and has a population of around 122,000 people (2013 census).
- The city lies between the sea and the mountains, and is most famous for its hot springs ("Beppu Onsen"). There are 8 major geothermal hot spots, also referred to as "eight hells of Beppu" - 6 in Kannawa district and 2 in Shibaseki district.
- A popular event is the annual Beppu-Oita Marathon (since 1952). The marathon's path is between Beppu and Oita.
- Lake Shidaka is located approx 600 m (1970 ft) above sea level.
- Otobaru Waterfall is in the city's mountain region, around 20 min walk from the amusement park Wonder Rakutenchi.
- Takasakiyama Monkey Park is around 10 min bus ride from the city center. The park has over 1500 Japanese macaques monkeys.
- Kijima Kogen resort includes a hotel and an 18-hole golf course alongside an amusement park.
- Besides its hot springs, Beppu also has sand and foot baths. A popular spot is ”Beppu marine beach sand bath and foot bath", around 15 min bus drive from the city's main train station.
- Beppu Park is in the city center, around 15-min walk from the train station.
- The annual Beppu Fireworks Festival is in late July. Its fireworks show includes over 5000 fireworks set off from small boats scattered around Beppu Bay.
- Another popular among tourist event is the art festival held here every 3 years.
Beppu cruise terminal
Beppu cruise port is in a harbor located in Beppu Bay's western (inner) part. Cruise ships dock at the port's large-sized wharf. The port has 8 ship docking berths. The deepest berth is at Wharf 3, allowing large-sized cruise vessels (draft 12 m / 40 ft, GT tonnage up to 140,000 GT) to dock there. Wharf 3 has also a ferry terminal handling passenger and car ferries.
Beppu port is conveniently located in close proximity to Kyushu's major tourist attractions, including the hot springs, Mount Aso (Japan's largest caldera), the Usa-jingu Shrine, the temples on Kunisaki peninsula.
The Beppu cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Beppu, Japan.
If you lose the Beppu location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Beppu cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Beppu, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
23 May, 2018