Bohol Island is Philippines' first provincial income class province, consisting of Bohol itself plus 5 smaller-sized surrounding isles. The island covers a total area of approx 4820 km2 (1860 ml2) and has population around 1,3 million.
- Bohol Island's main city (and the province's capital) is Tagbilaran.
- The island has coastline of approx 261 km (162 ml). To the west is Cebu Island, to the northeast is Leyte Island and to the south is Mindanao.
- The whole province is a popular vacation destination with numerous resorts and beaches.
- Chocolate Hills are one of the natural wonders in Philippines. These are hills made of limestone from ancient coral reefs. The hills turn brown during summer. These formations are easily seen by land or via flight tours operated with small airplanes.
- Panglao Island (southwest of Tagbilaran) is popular for its diving locations. Panglao is listed among the world's top 10 diving locations. Numerous dive centers and tourist resorts spread on its southern beaches.
- A narrow strait separates the islands Cebu and Bohol.
- The climate is generally dry, with max rainfall between June-October.
- On October 15, 2013 Bohol was devastated by 7,2 Richter magnitude earthquake. Its epicenter was approx 6 km (4 ml) south of Sagbayan. The earthquake also hit southern Cebu and claimed 156 lives and 374 injured.
- Port of Tubigon is the busiest of the smaller seaports. It offers more than 10 daily scheduled round-trips ferries on the Cebu-Bohol ferry route.
- Catagbacan Port in Loon provides Ro-RO vessel (passenger and car ferry) services between Bohol and Cebu.
- Jagna Port offers Ro-Ro ferry service from Bohol to Camiguin and Cagayan.
- The other ports include Buenavista, Clarin, Getafe, Talibon, Ubay.
Highlights: Chocolate Hills
Bohol Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Bohol Island Philippines dock (anchor) at Tagbilaran - port city on the southwestern coast.
The Bohol Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bohol Island, Tagbilaran, Philippines.
If you lose the Bohol Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bohol Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bohol Island, Tagbilaran, Philippines. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 March, 2017