Cebu City is located on Cebu Island (Philippines). The same-named province is in Central Visayas (Region 7) and consists of the main island (Cebu) plus a total of 167 surrounding isles and islets. Cebu Island covers a total area of approx 4944 km2 (1909 ml2). Cebu City has population around 920,000 (metro over 2,9 million).
- The island's capital - Cebu City - is Philippines' oldest settlement and also the country's first capital city. It forms part of a large metro area - together with 4 neighboring cities (Danao, Lapu-Lapu, Mandaue, Talisay) plus 8 other smaller urban units.
- Cebu Island is among the most developed provinces found in the Philippines, with Cebu City as Visayas' main center of industry, commerce, trade and education. In the last decade, the city became a global hub for business processing services, heavy industry, furniture-making, shipping and tourism.
- Cebu Island is long and narrow. It has length of 196 km (122 ml / north to south) and width of 32 km (20 ml / widest point). The island's terrain features narrow coastlines, rugged mountains and numerous beaches. The island's highest elevation point (Mt Manunggal) is 1097 m (36000 ft). The island is suurrounded by coral atolls.
- Cebu City's architecture is marked by Spanish and Roman Catholic cultures. There are also a lot of historically important sights spread all over the island. Most of the municipalities and cities in the Cebu province have their own cultural festivals.
- Mactan-Cebu International Airport (on Mactan Island) is Philippines' 2nd busiest airport.
Cebu City cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Cebu Island Philippines dock (anchor) at Cebu City - port city on the island's central-eastern coast.
The Cebu City cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cebu City, Philippines.
If you lose the Cebu City location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.