Gallipoli is a port town located in southeastern Italy (Apulia, Lecce, province). The city covers a total area of 40 km2 (20 ml2) and has population around 30,000. Nearest airports are in Brindisi (88 km 55 ml) and Bari (200 km / 120 ml). A railway connects it to Lecce.
Current-day Gallipoli's economy is based mainly on tourism and fishing. The mild climate allows tourists to enjoy this destination the whole year-round. The peak summer season is between May and October.
Besides beautiful beaches, this charming Italian town has as main tourist attractions and activities:
- numerous festive celebrations (carnivals, street parades)
- Angevine-Aragonese Castle (polygonal, wall-fortified castle with round towers / built by the Byzantines in the 13th century)
- San Pietro dei Samari Church (12th century)
- St Francis of Assisi Church (13th century)
- city walls (14th century)
- Sant'Agata cathedral (17th century)
- St Francis of Paola Church (17th century)
- San Domenico al Rosario Church (17th century)
- Church of the Holy Crucifix (18th century)
- Santa Maria della Purita Church (17th century)
- Greek Fountain (16th century, with mythological figures)
- Palazzo Pirelli (16th century)
- Spiaggia la Puritate beach is located right under the ancient city walls.
Highlights: Walled town, Baroque cathedral, Aragonese castle, Lecce
Gallipoli cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Gallipoli Italy anchor outside the harbor and their passengers are transported via the ship's tender boats.
Gallipoli port was recently created by building a harbour waterway with a breakwater and marina for yachts and boats. It is located near the city's main street (tourist and shopping area) with its numerous cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants.Gallipoli port was recently created by building a harbour waterway with a breakwater and marina for yachts and boats. It is located near the city's main street (tourist and shopping area) with its numerous cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants.
Port Gallipoli cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Gallipoli, Italy. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|24 September, 2018|
The Gallipoli cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Gallipoli, Italy.
If you lose the Gallipoli location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.