Geelong is a port city located on Corio Bay, in Victoria Australia. It is located approx 75 km (47 ml) southwest of the state's capital city Melbourne. The city covers a total area of approx 919 km2 (355 ml2) and has population around 190,000.
Port Geelong is on the Corio Bay's shores and is Australia's 6th-largest cargo port by handled freight tonnage. The port's major commodities include petroleum products, crude oil, woodchips, export grain, alumina imports, fertilisers.
- Geelong is the state's 2nd largest city and runs from Lara's plains (in the north) to Waurn Ponds' hills (to the south), hills to the west and Corio Bay to the east.
- Geelong City is popular as the "Gateway City" because of its central location to major regional centres - the capital city Melbourne (to the northeast), Great Ocean Road, Warrnambool and Torquay (to the southwest), Colac, Hamilton and Winchelsea (to the west), Ballarat (to the northwest).
- Currently, the city is an emerging educational, health and manufacturing hub. Its economy is shifting quickly, with drawbacks of losing much of its heavy manufacturing industry. It is positioned among Australia's leading non-capital cities.
- Bellarine Peninsula has been connected to Mornington Peninsula since 1987 via the Searoad ferry. The service is regularly scheduled (running every hour) and operated by 2 Ro-Ro (roll-on/roll-off) ferries.
- The city, along with the countryside and surrounding coastline offer many attractions. Most travellers swarm the region during summer months as well as into early Autumn. Major tourist destinations include: Geelong Art Gallery, Botanic Gardens, Library & Heritage Centre, Waterfront & Eastern Beach, Adventure Park, Dog Rocks Flora & Fauna Sanctuary, Buckley Falls, Mill Markets, Narana Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Kardinia Park & Simonds Stadium, National Wool Museum, Queenscliffe Maritime Museum, Point Lonsdale Lighthouse, Rippleside Park, You Yangs Regional Park, The Ozone shipwreck, among many others.
Port Geelong cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Geelong, Queensland Australia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|12 December, 2018|
|Seven Seas Mariner||08:00||18:00|
The Geelong cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Geelong, Queensland Australia.
If you lose the Geelong location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.