Ko Lanta (technically called "Ko Lanta Yai") is an island located in Andaman Sea off Thailand's west coast, between Phi Phi Islands and mainland. The island covers a total area of approx 81 km2 (31 ml2) and has a population of around 10,830 people (2012 census).
- Ko Lanta is administratively part of the Province of Krabi, most of which is on mainland. Along with neighboring Ko Lanta Noi (forming Ko Lanta archipelago) and a number of other islands, it forms Ko Lanta District's amphoe.
- The island of Ko Lanta is 25 km (16 ml) long and 6 km (3,7 ml) wide. A small portion of it belongs to Mu Ko Lanta National Park. In 1990 the area was designated as Thailand's 62nd national park.
- Recently Ko Lanta has become very popular, especially in Sweden. It is relatively less developed and most of its available accommodation consists of basic bamboo huts. A new bridge was built in 2015 connecting it to Ko Lanta Noi island. There are few paved roads on Ko Lanta Yai, mostly in the north. They deteriorate gradually to the south.
- Ban Saladan, the main port and town, is situated at the northern tip of Koh Lanta Island and is served by ferries from Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi. The main beaches lie on the island's western shores, the largest being Pra-Ae (Long Beach), Klong Khong Beach and Klong Dao. There are other, less accessible beaches that lie at the southern end.
- In 2004 Koh Lanta Island escaped the worst of the Indian Ocean earthquake. Though along the west coast there was widespread devastation, significantly fewer fatalities and injuries were reported in comparison to Phi Phi Islands. It's thought eleven people lost their lives. Most businesses, assisted by tourists, were up and running within several days.
Koh Lanta Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Koh Lanta Island dock (anchor) into 2-street Ban Sala Dan, located on the island's northern tip.
The Koh Lanta Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Koh Lanta Island, Thailand.
If you lose the Koh Lanta Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Koh Lanta Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Koh Lanta Island, Thailand. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 April, 2018