Kupreanof Island is part of the Alexander Archipelago (Southeast Alaska). The island has length of 84 km (52 ml), width of 32 km (20 ml) and a total area of 2803 km2 (1082 ml2), ranking it the USA's 13th biggest and the world's 170th largest island.
The other (in the "USA top 10") largest Alaskan islands are Kodiak Island, Prince of Wales Island, Chichagof Island, St Lawrence Island, Admiralty Island, Nunivak Island, Unimak Island and Baranof Island.
- Part of the island is considered the Lindenberg Peninsula (on its southeast side). It is separated from the rest of the island by the narrow Duncan Canal.
- Part of the island is also the "Petersburg Creek-Duncan Salt Chuck Wilderness" park.
- The island is part of the Tongass National Forest - USA's largest forest with a total area of over 69000 km2 (26640 ml2).
- Kupreanof Island was first charted in 1794 during the George Vancouver's expedition (1791-1795). Known in Russian as "Ostrov Kupreianova", it was named after vice-admiral Ivan Antonovich Kupreianov - governor of the Russian American colonies in the period 1836-1840.
- The isle's population is around 900 people. Its largest settlement is Kake (on the northwestern coast). The other town is Kupreanof (on the eastern coast, across Wrangell Narrows from Petersburg (on Mitkof Island).
Since 2013, the city of Kupreanof AK is incorporated into the Petersburg Borough, together with Petersburg AK (Milkof Island). This small town has population of around 30 people (12 households), ranking it the smallest in Alaska.
Highlights: Kake, Kupreanof
Kupreanof Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Kupreanof Island dock (anchor) at Kupreanof - port town on the eastern coast.
The Kupreanof Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kupreanof Island, Alaska.
If you lose the Kupreanof Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kupreanof Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kupreanof Island, Alaska. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
29 June, 2017