Remagen is a port town located in Germany in Land Rhineland-Palatinate, Ahrweiler district. The town covers a total area of approx 33,16 km2 (12,80 ml2) and has a population of around 16,390 people (2015 census).
- Remagen is about a 1-hour drive from Cologne, south of Bonn, the former capital of West Germany. It is situated on the left (western) bank of River Rhine.
- A ferry is available across Rhine River from Remagen each 10–15 min during the summer months. Remagen features many handsome and well-maintained buildings, castles, monuments and churches. It also has a pedestrian zone with a lot of shops.
- Overlooking the west bank of Rhine River north of the city centre is Apollinariskirche. It boasts a great observation deck which is open to parishioners only on Sundays. Pedestrians reach the church through a dirt trail passing a series of roadside monuments that represent each of the 14 Stations of the Cross. An outdoor crypt and abbey are also found there. Further down the Rhine is one of the plenty of castles along the river, perched higher than Apollinariskirche.
- Peace Museum "Remagen Bridge" is sheltered in the towers of a famous bridge constructed between 1916-1918. It opened in 1980 and now tells the story of the bridge and US prisoner of war camp popular as the Golden Mile.
- The historic railway station located at Rolandseck approx 5 km (3 ml) north of Remagen, currently houses a museum devoted to Hans Arp's work (1886-1966; German-French sculptor, painter, abstract artist). The 19th century railway station, a classic example of early railway architecture of Germany - was converted into a cultural venue for arts during the 19th century. Clara Schumann, Franz Liszt and Johannes Brahms gave concerts there. Also, George Bernard Shaw staged plays there.
- Remagen station is located on the Left Rhine line and Ahr Valley Railway, served by InterCity, Rhein-Express (Regional-Express, at hourly intervals) and MittelrheinBahn (Regionalbahn services, at hourly intervals) operating between Koblenz and Cologne. It is also served via Rhein-Ahr-Bahn services on Ahr Valley Railway to Ahrbruck (hourly intervals).
Highlights: Remagen Bridge
Port Remagen cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Remagen, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 July, 2018|
|MS Amadeus Princess|
|15 July, 2018|
|21 July, 2018|
The Remagen cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Remagen, Germany.
If you lose the Remagen location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.