Remagen is a Rhine River cruise port and town in Rhineland-Palatinate state (Germany). The town covers an area of approx 33 km2 (13 ml2) and has population 17,000. Remagen is approx 1-hour drive from Cologne, and south of Bonn.
- Ferry service is available across the river (leaving every 10–15 min) during summer months. The town has many well-maintained buildings, castles, monuments, churches, large pedestrian zone with cafes and shops.
- Overlooking the west bank of Rhine, north of downtown is Apollinariskirche - with observation deck open to parishioners only on Sundays. Pedestrians reach the church through a dirt trail passing roadside monuments that represent the Stations of the Cross (14-step devotion commemorating Jesus' last day on Earth). Further down the river is one of the many castles.
- Peace Museum is in the towers of Remagen Bridge.
- The railway station at Rolandseck (approx 5 km / 3 ml north of Remagen) is converted into a cultural centre for 19th-century arts. Clara Schumann, Franz Liszt and Johannes Brahms performed there.
- Remagen station is along Ahrtalbahn (Ahr Valley Railway, 29-km long Remagen–Ahrbrück train connection) served at hourly intervals by Rhein-Express (RE5) and TransRegio - between Koblenz and Cologne.
Port Remagen cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Remagen, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|18 July, 2021|