Saarbrucken is a port city located in the state of Saarland, Germany. The city covers a total area of approx 167,07 km2 (64,51 ml2) and has population of around 178,150 people (2015 census).
- Saarbrucken is Saarland's capital and largest city, as well as its commercial, cultural and administrative centre. The city lies next to the French border, just at the heart of Saarland's metropolitan area.
- The city was created in 1909 via the merger of 3 towns, St. Johann, Malstatt-Burbach and Saarbrucken. It used to be the transport and industrial centre of Saar coal basin with produce including iron and steel, beer, sugar, pottery, machinery, construction materials and optical instruments.
- Historic landmarks in Saarbrucken include the stone bridge across Saar (built in 1546), the Gothic church of Saint Arnual, 18th-century Saarbrucken Castle, and the old part of the town, St.Johanner Markt (Saint John's Market).
- Twice during the 20th century Saarbrucken was separated from Germany: in 1920–1935 as capital of Territory of the Saar Basin, as well as in 1947–1956 as capital of Saar Protectorate.
- In modern German, Saarbrucken translates literally to "Saar bridges" (Brücken is plural of Brücke), and there are around a dozen bridges across Saar river. However, the name predates the oldest bridge in Saarbrucken's historic center of Saarbrücken, Alte Brucke, by at least 500 years.
- "Saar" as a name stems from the Celtic "sara" (meaning "streaming water"), and the Roman for river, "saravus".
Highlights: Stone Bridge, Saarbrücker Schloss Old Town
The Saarbrucken cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Saarbrucken, Germany.
If you lose the Saarbrucken location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Saarbrucken cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Saarbrucken, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 October, 2017