San Remo or Sanremo is a port city located on western Liguria's Mediterranean coast in north-western Italy. The city covers a total area of approx 54,7 km2 (21,1 ml2) and has population of around 57,000 people (2009 census).
- The name of the San Remo city is a phonetic contraction of Sant' Eremo di San Romolo, referring to Romulus of Genoa, successor to Syrus of Genoa. It's often stated that Sanremo is the translation of a deceased Saint ("Saint Remus").
- Established in Roman times, San Remo hosts numerous cultural events, like Sanremo Music Festival and Milan–San Remo cycling classic.
- Sanremo's attractive seacoast setting on Italian Riviera and its Mediterranean climate make it a popular tourist destination. The city is also active in the production of extra virgin-grade olive oil, with protected regional "designation of origin" (D.O.P., Denominazione di Origine Protetta).
- San Remo is famous as the City of Flowers, this being another important aspect of its economy. The nearby towns of Bordighera, Ospedaletti and Arma di Taggia, are also involved in cultivation of flowers for the flower market of Sanremo.
- The Municipal Casino, constructed in 1905, is a good example of Art Nouveau building. Ariston Theatre organizes annual series of operas, concerts and theatre plays. San Remo's Symphony Orchestra is among the 12 symphony orchestras recognized by Italy's state. It performs around 120 concerts throughout the year, with most of them held in the Opera Theatre of the Municipal Casino.
- San Remo also homes the International Institute of Humanitarian Law, which is the most notable institute specialized in courses about international humanitarian law and refugees.
Highlights: Riviera resort, casino, old town
The San Remo cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near San Remo, Italy.
If you lose the San Remo location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port San Remo cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from San Remo, Italy. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 July, 2017
18 July, 2017
19 July, 2017
21 July, 2017