Sankt Goarshausen (St. Goarshausen) is a Rhine River cruise port located in Rhein-Lahn-Kreis, Nassau, on the eastern shore of Rhine, in a section known as Rhine Gorge, across the river from Sankt Goar, in Rhineland-Palatinate state, Germany. The town covers a total area of approx 7 km2 (2,70 ml2) and has a population of around 1,320 people (2015 census).
- Sankt Goarshausen is located within Nassau Nature Park and Rhine Gorge UNESCO world heritage site. Historically, it was part of Duchy of Nassau. Sankt Goarshausen lies 30 km south of Koblenz, and is above all famous for nearby Lorelei rock. Sankt Goarshausen is the seat of Loreley collective municipality. Town's economy is based on tourism and wine making.
- The railway station of Sankt Goarshausen connects the city with Frankfurt, Koblenz and Wiesbaden. Sankt Goarshausen was formerly the terminus of Nassau Light Railway line between Nastätten and Sankt Goarshausen. There are two castles in St. Goarshausen, Burg Katz (Castle Cat) and Burg Maus (Castle Mouse). The first one is not open for visitors. From Burg Maus, there is a beautiful view over the town and also visible are the Burg Rheinfels ruins on the other side of Rhine.
- In earlier times the town of Sankt Goarshausen was an important place along Rhein River for fishing as well as an embarkation area. Today, the formerly busy settlement is losing importance and relies more on tourism. Especially problematic is the short distance to the larger Nastätten city, which has replaced Sankt Goarshausen as the regional centre.
- In tourism, the largest competitor is the twin city St Goar located on the other shore of Rhine. It is only reachable by ferry, because the closest bridge is 30 km (18,6 ml) away. To help tourism, visitors centre was established in connection to Lorelei rock.
- The most famous site in town, that brings the most tourists is the Lorelei rock. In Sankt Goarshausen there are 2 castles, Burg Katz (translated to Castle Cat) and Burg Maus (Castle Mouse). Burg Katz is currently not open for visitors. There is a nice view over the town from Burg Maus. Also visible are the Burg Rheinfels' ruins on the other side of Rhine.
- A recurring event held in the town is Rhein in Flammen, on the 3rd weekend of September, boasting large fireworks from Burg Katz in Sankt Goarshausen, Burg Rheinfels in St Goar as well as from the middle of Rhine River.
Highlights: Burg Rheinfels, Katz and Maus castles
The Sankt Goarshausen cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sankt Goarshausen, St Goar, Germany.
If you lose the Sankt Goarshausen location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Sankt Goarshausen cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sankt Goarshausen, St Goar, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
25 May, 2017