Sankt Goarshausen is a Rhine River cruise port and town in Rhein-Lahn-Kreis (Rhineland-Palatinate state, Germany). The town is across the river from Sankt Goar.Approx 30 km (19 ml) to the north is Koblenz. The region is famous for the nearby Lorelei Rock. St Goarshausen covers an area of approx 7 km2 (3 ml2) and has population around 1,500.
- St Goarshausen is within Nassau Nature Park and Rhine Gorge (UNESCO site). Historically, it was part of Duchy of Nassau.
- Town's railway station connects with Frankfurt, Koblenz and Wiesbaden. There are two castles in St Goarshausen - Burg Katz (Cat Castle) and Burg Maus (Mouse Castle). The first is not open for visitors. Burg Maus offers a scenic view over the town and also of Burg Rheinfels ruins (on river's other bank).
- In earlier times, St Goarshausen was an important fishing town and embarkation area.
- Town's economy is based on tourism and wine production. In tourism, the main competitor is St Goar. It is only reachable by ferry, as the closest bridge is 30 km (19 ml) away. To help tourism, visitors centre was established in connection to Lorelei Rock (132 m / 433 ft high, steep slate).
- The most famous site in town, that brings the most tourists is the Lorelei rock. In Sankt Goarshausen there are 2 castles, Burg Katz (translated to Castle Cat) and Burg Maus (Castle Mouse). Burg Katz is currently not open for visitors. There is a nice view over the town from Burg Maus. Also visible are the Burg Rheinfels' ruins on the other side of Rhine.
- A recurring event held in the town is Rhein in Flammen, on the 3rd weekend of September, boasting large fireworks from Burg Katz in Sankt Goarshausen, Burg Rheinfels in St Goar as well as from the middle of Rhine River.
Port Sankt Goarshausen cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sankt Goarshausen, St Goar, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|29 April, 2021|