Skopelos, often called "The Green and Blue Island", is a Greek island located in western Aegean Sea. The island covers a total area of approx 96,23 km2 (37,15 ml2) and has a population of around 4,960 people (2011 census).
- Skopelos is one of a few islands which comprise Northern Sporades island group, that lies east of Pelion peninsula on mainland and north of Euboea Island. It is part of Thessaly region. Skopelos is the name of the island's major port and municipal center. The other communities include Glossa and Neo Klima.
- The geography of Skopelos Island includes 2 mountains over 500 m (1,640 ft): Palouki (546 m /1,791 ft) in the southeast of the island, and Delphi (681 m /2,234 ft) in the center.
- Skopelos is slightly bigger than Mykonos (85 km2 /33 ml2) and Santorini (73 km2 /28 ml2). The nearest inhabited isles include Alonissos to the east and Skiathos to the west.
- On October 19, 1978 Skopelos town was honoured as raditional Settlement of Outstanding Beauty. This is the equivalent of site of Outstanding Architectural Inheritance.
- Skopelos Island is served by ferryboats and hydrofoils from the ports of Agios Konstantinos and Volos on mainland Greece, which allows connections to and from Skiathos and Alonissos. In the summer months there is a ferry to/from Kymi, Euboea.
- The length of Skopelos' coastline is 67 km (42 ml). Due to island's mountainous terrain most part of the coast is inaccessible.
- An interesting fact is that Skopelos is matrilineal society. Wealth is passed on through the female line. The parents of each Skopelitan bride, by custom, provide the new couple with a house and some property, which remain in bride's name.
Skopelos Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Skopelos Island dock (anchor) at Skopelos - port town on the eastern coast.
Port Skopelos Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Skopelos Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|17 June, 2018|
|Seabourn Odyssey||08:00||17:00||Mykonos Island, Greece|
The Skopelos Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Skopelos Island, Greece.
If you lose the Skopelos Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.