Svishtov is a Danube River cruise port located in northern Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo Province, opposite the Romanian town Zimnicea. The town/city covers a total area of approx 110,721 km2 (42,750 ml2) and has a population of around 30,160 people (2011 census).
- Svishtov is the administrative centre of homonymous Svishtov Municipality. It is the 2nd largest in the province after Veliko Tarnovo city and before Gorna Oryahovitsa.
- The town has had a port ever since XVI century. Port Svishtov was built in 1906. It is the southernmost harbour on Danube River and is served by Svishtov-Zimnich ferry (regular Ro-ro ferryboat between Svishtov and Zimnicea). This ferry service shortens the road path to/from Turkey to Central/Western Europe by 140 km (87 ml) when compared to the traditional route over Danube Bridge at Ruse-Giurgiu, and also allows a time gain of about 4 hours thus avoiding the traffic in/around Bucharest.
- The main industries in Svishtov include imports/exports through the harbor, chemical manufacturing, wheat production and electronics. The University of Economics is a major economic draw. Additionally, there are many European tourists, particularly from Romania. They frequent Svishtov due to its relatively lower prices.
- One of the prettiest sites around the town is the unique river valley (1-2 km away from Svishtov) which shelters the monastery of Svishtov. This region is called Pametnitsite (The Monuments), located on the banks of Danube River. There is a park around the old fortress situated in the centre the town.
- The first community center in Bulgaria, Community center "Elenka and Kiril D.Avramovi", was founded in 1856.
- The House-museum of Bulgarian novelist Aleko Konstantinov (1863-1897) is among the top 100 Tourist Sites of Bulgaria.
- Another unique place of interest is the region called Мanastira (The monastery), located 5 km (3 ml) south-east of the town.
Highlights: Veliko Tarnovo, Tsarevets Fortress
Port Svishtov cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Svishtov, Bulgaria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|20 April, 2018|
|MS Amadeus Elegant||Ruse, Bulgaria|
|22 April, 2018|
|Scenic Jade||Bucharest, Romania|
|23 April, 2018|
|26 April, 2018|
|Scenic Jade||Iron Gate, Serbia-Romania|
|30 April, 2018|
|Emerald Destiny||Veliko Turnovo, Arbanasi, Bulgaria|
The Svishtov cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Svishtov, Bulgaria.
If you lose the Svishtov location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.