Are Carnival cruises all-inclusive? Is alcohol drinks included in the Carnival ticket prices? Are food and soft drinks included in the fares? This survey also answers the FAQs what all is included in a Carnival cruise and what is free on the "Fun Ships". Our answers here, plus our tips and tricks (there) will give you a much better chance to fully enjoy your ship cruising vacation planning (and the packing time) knowing what is what and costs how much exactly.
Some ask what is free on Carnival cruises. Well, we know better there's no such thing as free dinner. And the big money making "Fun Ship" fun machine is no exception of the rule. Still, on board any of the Carnival ships there are numerous amenities and facilities you can enjoy for absolutely free - either as inclusions or "regular bonuses".
Are Carnival cruises all-inclusive?
As an example, the cost of a Carnival all-inclusive cruise package to Caribbean starts at around US$1200 per person. Prices generally vary depending on cabin types/location and season, and include alcohol and soft drinks (also from the room's mini-bar), butler service, en-suite and specialty restaurant dining, priority services.
Carnival Cruise Lines transformed the whole leisure travel industry from being a privileged vacation option for the rich into one of the best available on the vacation travel market. The product is totally affordable. By definition, an all-inclusive cruise (not only on Carnival) should include a lot. What is generally (and generously) included in the ship tickets these days is the round-trip bus transport (to and from the pier), accommodations, all meals and entertainment on the ship and on the line's private islands, all Gov taxes and the port fees (for departure ports and ports of call). Carnival Cruises are all-inclusive of all that, plus they are absolutely friendly for large family and physically challenged travel.
The world's cheapest line ever, Carnival's all-inclusive package deals are some of the best on the big ship travel market regarding prices, facilities and cabin amenities, destinations/itineraries, also the overall "vacation fun" value. The Fun Ships have some of the industry's best value-for-money ratings. The Carnival line company is also among the world's best choices for teenagers and young adults, and among the best lines for large families with kids.
Are Carnival cruises all inclusive of alcohol and drinks?
For detailed information, follow our links to the Carnival line's best selling all-inclusive package deals, which are:
- the new Cheers all inclusive alcohol package
- soft drinks packages (unlimited soda purchased for the whole voyage length)
- wine packages
- all-inclusive wedding packages (prices and inclusions)
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Carnival "cruise and stay" packages (land tours and hotels included)
- Carnival "flight and cruise" deals (by the new "Fly Aweigh" discounted air booking program)
- Carnival gratuities/port fees/taxes
- round-trip Pier bus transfers
- inclusions and benefits by the new VIFP loyalty program & FTTF deals (prepaid service for priority boarding and tendering)
- Carnival shares benefits - if you own at least 100 of the Carnival stocks, you'll get an onboard credit every time you sail with any of the Carnival Corporation ships.
- promotions & bonuses - free shore excursions, special discounts, bonus amenities (for booking Spa rooms and Suites)
- Very often are available free cabin upgrades - better grade unsold cabins (up to 7-category /depending on destination, season, travel agency, etc).
- Most of the Carnival deals include as bonuses ship-board credit up to $250 PP per sailing.
- all-inclusive family beach packages ($50-70, depending on the port)
- all-inclusive family resort packages ($80-$140, depending on the resort-class).
What is all included in a Carnival cruise?
The list of all Carnival cruise tickets price inclusions has:
- accommodation (all featuring the “Carnival Comfort Bed” - plush mattresses, deluxe duvets-linens-pillows)
- all main meals in Dining Rooms, buffets and signature themed food bars ((most restaurants), actually are included), plus water-coffee-tea-milk-juices with 24-hr complimentary room service
- all ship facilities and activities for families and children, including pools, kids and teens programs, live entertainment and movies under the stars, sport activities (fitness center, jogging track, volleyball-basketball courts, mini golf, table tennis)
- ship-shore-ship tendering transfers, special needs requests.
And Carnival does not charge for fuel anymore.
What drinks are included on Carnival cruise?
- list of free room-service drinks: orange-tomato-apple-grapefruit juice, regular & decaffeinated coffee, hot & unsweetened iced tea, hot chocolate, regular-skim-chocolate milk.
- free Afternoon Tea (on sea days only, serving specialty teas, as well as smoked salmon, strawberries & cream, and delicious cakes)
- free souvenir-glass by buying a DOD ("drink of the day")
- in the 24-hour Lido Deck buffet are always free the following drinks: milk, coffee, hot and iced tea, hot chocolate and lemonade.
- free drinks at the casino - as part of the line's new partnership with "Isle of Capri Casinos" (benefits, "Drink On Us" program).
- Since Carnival upgraded most of its ships with new coffee (vending) machines, the free cappuccino and espresso offers are slowly disappearing fleetwide.
Carnival cruise "free alcohol" deals
- a free bottle of Champagne by participating in the on-board game shows
- the Steakhouse free wine promotion (a free bottle of wine if you make a Steakhouse reservation for the first night of your sailing.
- free liquor/wine tasting in the duty-free shops (usually the 1st night)
- free Champagne at Art auctions (note: no art purchase necessary)
- free drinks (including alcohol) and free Hors d'oeuvres at the Captains Party and Past Passenger parties (the last ones are on the 5+ days sailings only). You may also order whatever you want - it'll be still free.
What food is included on Carnival cruises?
- Appetizers-soups-salads-entrees-desserts in the main dining rooms - order as many as you want (they are all free, including steak and lobster served usually on the Elegant Dining Night), plus everything on the Lido deck with the exception of alcohol-sodas-coffees.
- healthy, low in fat and cholesterol selections, are also available in the main dining room.
- you're eligible for a free steak when you purchase a bottle from the on-board wine house.
- free soft ice cream 24 hours a day, free hard ice cream plus all kinds of fixings for sundaes in the afternoon hours.
- 24 hours room service and pizzeria, offering caesar salad, calzones and pizza!
- the pre-dinner Sushi bar is free of charge (open only for a few hours in the late afternoon - from 5p.m. to 8p.m.).
- the Taste bar (also open from 5p.m. to 8p.m.) boasts bite-size complimentary offerings inspired by the newest dining venues.
- Banana splits and mac&cheese in the main dining rooms (from the kids menu).
Free Carnival cruise items & services
- (at the Guest Services Desk) a deck of Carnival-logoed cards, postcards with picture of the ship
- in-cabin infotainment (movies, web cam views, cruise itinerary-related information)
- cruise book in the cabin
- many free stuff (giveaways) are available at port talks
- free medications are Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Neosporin, PeptoBismol, plus the cure for the sea sickness.
- The bathroom's amenities basket is free. It includes razors, toothpaste and dental floss, Emergen-C, lotion, shampoo, Advil (an analgesic medicine).
- Free of charge processing of Travelers checks (there's a fee for personal checks).
- complimentary Carnival Spa treatment (usually facial) is offered with the spa tour when you board the ship. If you participate in the Spa talks you can get 10% discount on Spa prices. In the Spa-complex, free of charge for all guests are: steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs. Booking one of the Cloud 9 Spa staterooms additionally will give you 2 free fitness (yoga or pilates) classes, plus unlimited access to the Thalasotherapy pool.
- Free Internet - passengers are allowed to access a certain set of websites for free through Wi-Fi (either in the Internet Cafe or on personal devices). Still, for visiting other websites (including for checking e-mails) they have to purchase packages with minutes.
- Check the "Fun Times" newsletter for all the special offers while on the Carnival cruise ship.
- There are free Carnival Suite cabin amenities, services and bonuses for booking the best of the best ship accommodations. The list includes: best ship locations, priority boarding/tendering, express embarkation luggage delivery, exclusive cocktail invitations, dining room seating preferences, 24-hr concierge service, complimentary laundry/dry cleaning, welcome aboard luxury gift basket (with champagne and chocolates), en-suite dining (complimentary daily canapes), huge-size balcony.
What is not included in Carnival cruise ticket prices?
Now see the list of services and amenities that are not included on Carnival cruises:
- travel insurance, passports, visas, airfares
- shore excursions and tours
- medical services
- onboard laundry
- Internet and ship-to-shore communications (Wi-Fi, cell phone roaming)
- child-care services (babysitting is available for a fee between 10pm-3am)
- Casino gambling and bar drinks expenses (bingo, casino gaming, arcades, duty-free ship shopping)
- photo services
- alternative club dining at specialty restaurants (Steakhouse, Supper Club)
- Spa Carnival & Cloud 9 Spa facilities and services (Fitness is free, some classes are extra)
- beverages (soda, liquor, specialty coffees, bottled water)
- items from the onboard patisserie
- the Golf Academy program
- and finally - the Government taxes and port fees.
- Carnival Suites inclusions
- Booking a suite guarantees a larger balconied accommodation with private bathroom and whirlpool tub, dressing area with vanity desk, 2 large closets, personal safe, refrigerator, welcome champagne and chocolates, daily canapes, express embarkation/disembarkation (luggage delivery, priority check-ins and tendering), 24-hour butler service.
- Booking one of the Carnival Spa Suites (on selected ships) will grant you additional special spa amenities, priority reservations, private access areas.