Review the Carnival cruise Military Discount requirements. What are the Carnival military discount rules, travel documents needed for this particular type of Carnival discounted deals. Who can qualify for the Carnival military promotions. Who is eligible for the Carnival military rates. These are some of the cheapest Carnival deals (though on a limited number of sailings per year) and some of the most attractive as low-priced cruises deals of all the Carnival cruise specials and promotions.
Carnival military discount information & FAQs
The short answer to "how much is the military discount for Carnival cruises" - it's 20-25%. We'll start with a concise info on the "Carnival Military Cruise" vacation type - and the answers to the most FAQs considering the Carnival Military rate program.
- Carnival no longer requires a copy of the military photo ID.
- Documents may be submitted to the Carnival Lines' Interline Desk by: Mail to "Carnival Cruise Lines, Interline Desk, Guest Services MSGP-456s" (the address is "3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami FL 33178-2428"), Fax (305 406-6478) or E-Mail at Interline@Carnival.Com.
- To request all Military Service Record Forms (all the Carnival US military personnel documents) - follow this link to archives.gov.
- All documents must be submitted with payment within 24 hours (when booking a trip inside 1 week prior to sailing) and 72 hours (for bookings outside 1 week prior to sailing).
- Like all travel discounts, the Carnival military cruise deals are based on availability. Individual deposit and cancellation policies will apply.
- The "Military Tips" per day are the same as for the rest of your fellow passengers - USD 11,50 pp (no "lower rates" here, read more about the Carnival Lines gratuities).
- Military Upgrades are an additional special offering from 2 up to 7 categories free cabin upgrades (or at again discounted prices) - these specials depend solely on availability. You should ask your travel agency about any available special offers considering your sailing date. Some offers may include additional bonuses - like pre-post-cruise hotel packages deals, also at discounted rates (per room per night, with breakfast, transfers and free parking during your sailing).
- Carnival Military discount promotion codes (the military rate code) for 2014 sailings - they will be provided to you upon booking your trip. Check here all you need to know about the Carnival military discount requirements.
"Carnival-Military" tips, tricks and secrets for first-time cruisers
- Carnival cruise Veterans Discount - don't forget to tell your agent that you (or a family member) are part of the Armed Forces (no matter active, retired or discharged). Carnival is the only line to offer such discounts to anyone that ever served. You'll NEED your DD214 (or any equivalent) submitted within 48 hours to lock in the military rate. You only have to send Carnival the DD214 document once (e-mailed, faxed or mailed), from then you always will be eligible for this discount without even having to ask.
- Know, that this discount type isn't offered for all sailings (and not for all cabins), rates and promotions are constantly changing based on availability. When you book through Carnival.com, do an advanced search and check "military" to see if it's available for your date.
- Know, that the military rate is not always the least expensive, while the "Early Saver" discount is (the ES is when you book a 3-5 day trip 3 months in advance, and 6+ day trips 5 months in advance, it also offers the lowest price guarantee). However, the military rate could become the cheaper deal if the ES is past. So get a rundown of all the rates before you book.
- You'll not get special deals in a case of cancellation (recalled to duty, etc), but that's simply another reason to buy a travel Insurance.
- Usually, on board there are one to several vets meetings (depending on itinerary, check the "Funville Times" for details).
- And not only that you're allowed to wear military uniforms on formal nights on Carnival cruises, but wear them with pride and joy, holding your head up - many folks will great you with Thank you for your Service"! Lovely - no tux and jackets, huh?
Carnival cruise military discount requirements & rules
Before continuing with the actual Carnival military requirements, know that for military discount cruises are applicable all deals excluding only cruises for Christmas and New Year's. These specials are not combinable with other promotions or discounts, but may be combined with 3-4-5 guest promotions. And always the qualified military guest (or the spouse) must occupy the booked cabin in order for the cabin to retain the military rate.
- Who can qualify for the Carnival Cruise Lines military discounts? These special deals are related to guests who are or were enlisted (retired personnel and veterans) in any of the USAF (the US Armed Forces), consisting of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard. Also uniformed members of the USPHS (US Public Health Services) or the Canadian National Defense and Canadian Forces (DND/CF). To qualify for these promotions a person must be either on an active duty or to have served at least two years (for the Canadians this requirement is ten years) or during a wartime period - both with an honorable discharge.
- A military guest is permitted to book only 1 cabin (he/she must travel in the cabin). Also permitted are spouses of an active military personnel (on active duty or stationed overseas) with the same requirement - to occupy the cabin (note: "spouses" also include "Same Gender Union Partner").
- The spouse is required to provide proof of eligibility - a copy of the official military orders, duties documentation, proof of marriage. Also eligible is spouse of deceased personnel (US or Canadian) - no matter active, retired or veterans. The widow/widower of a military person (active, retired, veteran) may book 1 cabin (she/he must occupy the cabin). The list of documents in this case includes a copy of the death certificate and the DD214/DD256 forms (for Canadians it's NDI75).
- Military personnel (minors 18, 19 and 20 years of age) are an exception to the Carnival Lines' Age Policy. Needed documents in this case are a copy of the military "Leave and Earning Statement" (the SSN is blackened out), and for cadets - a letter from their Commander.
- Not eligible for the promotion are employees of the US DOD (Department of Defense, the civilian personnel), military affiliates and military contractors.
You can share/like/rate our Carnival cruise military discounts requirements and rates review via the social buttons. Best of luck with your Carnival "military" deals and always happy sailings with The Fun line!