Ventura cruise ship cabins for disabled passengers (wheelchair accessible staterooms) are of the following types (location – category #numbers): Suite (deck 14 – B2 #R415), Balcony (deck 9 – DB #D304-D308, DD #D703-D707; deck 10 – HB #C301-C302-C303-C304; deck 11 – HB #B301-B302-B303-B304; deck 12 – HB #A-301-A302-A303-A304; deck 14 – HC #R301-R302-R303-R304), Oceanview (deck 8 – MC #E301-E302, NC #E303-E304) and Inside (deck 5 – PC #P340; deck 12 – PB #A312; deck 14 – PC #R312; deck 15 – PF #L248-L252). The number of all cabin categories is 35.
Follows the review of P&O Cruises Ventura staterooms as furniture, amenities and included (complimentary) services:
- Penthouse Suites are on 2 levels (connected via spiral stairs), with upper level’s size 360 ft2 / 33 m2 with the balcony, and lower level’s size of 575 ft2 / 53 m2 with a second balcony. Aurora’s Penthouse cabins feature master bedroom (on the upper level) with 2 single beds (electronically adjustable /convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet), bathroom (whirlpool tub, separate shower, WC, dual sink), lounge/seating area with L-shaped sofa and armchairs, 6-seat dining table, chairs, bar area, baby grand piano, library area (chair and music equipment), guest bathroom (WC, sink).
- Suite and Mini-Suite accommodations have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), bathroom (separate shower, full-size whirlpool tub, dual sink, WC, steamers, footstool, hairdryer), guest bathroom (WC), lounge/seating area (sofa, table, armchairs), HDTV, mini stereo, radio, phone, safe, steward cabin service (daily), mini-bar/refrigerator, tea/coffee maker, individual air-conditioning, vanity (desk, chair), wardrobe/drawers.
- Bonus amenities for Suite passengers include butler service, Welcome Aboard gifts (fruits, flowers, Champagne, bottled water, chocolates), cotton robes, slippers, premium bath products, magazine/newspaper (daily), atlas, binoculars, in-room dining (daily canapes).
- All Suites and balcony rooms feature floor-ceiling sliding doors leading to a private veranda (furnished with table and reclining chairs).
- Deluxe Balcony cabins have 2 lower/twin beds (convertible to king), bathroom (shower, WC, small-size bathtub), cabin steward service (daily), HDTV, phone, radio, safe, hairdryer, atlas, binoculars, mini-bar/refrigerator, tea/coffee maker, vanity (desk and chair), wardrobe/drawers, individual air-conditioning.
- Oceanview/outside cabins are with 1 Picture Window and have the same amenities as balcony staterooms. Categories MB, MC, ME and MF are with partially obstructed view, and categories NB, NC and NF are with a fully obstructed view due to lifeboats.
- Inside cabins are with the same amenities and lack the balcony/window feature. Staterooms #A200-A201 as additional beds have double sofas.
- Ventura ship’s Single cabins are in categories RC-Oceanview and SC-Interior, located portside on deck 6 F. These types of cabins can be booked with single occupancy rates, and are designed specifically for solo travellers.
- Bonus amenities for all cabin types are mineral bottled water (upon embarkation) and luxury pamper pack. When 3 or 4 passengers share a cruise cabin equipped with upper berths, both lower/twin beds can’t be pushed together.
In all Ventura staterooms, there are UK standard 3-pin sockets. There are shave points located in bathrooms. In all staterooms, the power supply is 230V and 115V (frequency 60HZ). Plug sockets location is as follows: 1 in the bathroom (110 V/ 220V), 2 by the vanity table and phone ((220V), by the TV (3 x 110V near beds, plus 2 x 110V near the sofa), 1 near the mini-bar/fridge (220V).
Note: Before 2017, all suites had ironing facilities (ironing area with an iron, board, trouser press). This amenity is no longer available.