Ventura current position
Specifications of Ventura
|Year built||2008 / Age: 12|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 690 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises UK|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||289 m / 948 ft|
|Beam (width)||48 m / 157 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||116017 gt|
|Passengers||3106 - 3727|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Christened by||Helen Mirren|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Nov 13||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Nov 15||12 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Nov 27||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Nov 29||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 11||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 13||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 17||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Jan 03||35 days, round-trip USA And Caribbean||Southampton|
|2021 Feb 07||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Feb 11||35 days, round-trip Caribbean||Southampton|
|2021 Mar 18||12 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Mar 30||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 03||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 17||13 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 30||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 May 02||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 May 16||14 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2021 May 30||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 13||14 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 27||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 11||14 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 25||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 08||14 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 22||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 05||14 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 19||14 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 03||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 14||11 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 25||6 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 31||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Nov 11||12 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Nov 23||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 05||12 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 17||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2022 Jan 03||35 days, round-trip Caribbean||Southampton|
|2022 Feb 07||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2022 Feb 11||35 days, round-trip USA And Caribbean||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 18||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
Review of Ventura
Launched in 2008, Ventura is one of the Grand-class PO cruise ships, together with ms Azura.
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation in 2003. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 116,017-ton, 3,574-passenger cruise ship Ventura was christened in Southampton on April 16, 2008, by the famous British actress Dame Helen Mirren (assisted by a team of Royal Marine Commandos). The cruise ship is particularly larger - by 30 % than any other vessel in the P&O Cruises fleet. This means there's more room for contemporary facilities, like expanded children-related amenities, recreational opportunities (bungee jumping) and different restaurants. What is more, it is difficult to find any sign of traditional P&O Cruises in the hardware - no card room, nowhere to have a sit in the library, no art auctions (all the pictures are on sale, but showed with the price) and no monotonous teak-and-cream coloring (there are cheery decor and modern artwork instead). The travelers are also distinct; still quite a lot of the retired cruisers that P&O Cruises is known for attracting, but also lots of families with kids.
Cruise itinerary program
Ventura itinerary program is based on cruises from Southampton and Bridgetown, including Caribbean Islands voyages from Barbados; roundtrip sailings from Southampton to Iberia (Portugal and Spain), Mediterranean and Canary Islands; "mini-cruises" to Belgium, France and Holland; Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
P&O Ventura staterooms (a total of 1553) include 28x Suite, 853x Balcony, 440x Inside and 18x studios (single-occupancy cabins) in 35 categories. Most staterooms are 165-ft2 (15-m2) sized Balcony cabins with step-out verandas. The largest passenger accommodations are the Penthouse Suites (410 ft2 / 38 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The quality of food aboard Ventura is of a high standard for such a big ship. The menus offered in the three main dining rooms change daily, and there is a Gala Menu on formal nights as well, put together by Marco Pierre White. Cinnamon and Saffron (two of the main dining rooms) offer 'Freedom Dining', meaning that guests can turn up anytime between 6:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and dine where and with whom they like. Bay Tree is the third MDR and offers set-time dining called "Club Dining" by the line. There are 3 specialty restaurants, 2 formal ones - Epicurean, serving molecular gastronomy cuisine and Sindhu by Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar. The one informal restaurant, which proved popular on sister vessel Azura and replaced Las Ramblas, is The Glass House by wine expert Olly Smith (for-fee tapas-style restaurant).
Follows the complete list of Ventura restaurants and food bars.
- Cinnamon Restaurant (528-seat, aft Dining Room; features Your Time dining from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saffron Restaurant (528-seat, forward Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bay Tree Restaurant (596-seat aft Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.; also hosts bridge tournaments, card games, etc)
- East (138-seat Asian specialty restaurant by celebrity chef Atul Kochhar)
- The Glass House (steakhouse/seafood specialty restaurant and wine bar)
- The Beach House (324-seat buffet restaurant; serves as NYC deli for dinner 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Waterside (332-seat buffet restaurant; offers full English breakfast, lunch, Afternoon Tea, Noddy’s Tea/kids, dinner, night snacks; serves premium wines by the glass)
- Frankie’s Grill (fast food bar, complimentary pizza/ice cream bar, hotdogs, burgers)
- The White Room (182-seat Italian specialty restaurant).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
P&O company doesn't go in for huge West End-style productions. Instead, expect revue-type shows with an emphasis on the singing talents of the performer; ventriloquists, magicians, and tribute acts; British comedy. In the Arena Theatre, there are two main shows nightly. Times vary in order to accommodate the set dining times. Elsewhere on the ship, the main venues for live entertainment are Havana, at the back of the ship, and The Tamarind Club - a walk-through venue on Deck 7. In both these venues, guests will find bands or singers on at various times throughout the whole evening. There is usually a guest band too, depending on where the vessel is based. Havana is also the nightclub onboard ms Ventura. Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi access, supervised kids programme, laundry/self-serve laundromats.
Follows the complete list of Ventura lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Ventura Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub);
- Atrium Shops - Regalia (clothes, souvenirs, gifts), The Wardrobe (brand fashion, watches, bags, hats), Chic (fashion boutique), Emporium (candy store), Eternity (jewelry), Essence (perfumes). Following the ship's drydock refurbishment in 2018, the onboard shopping was upgraded by adding new retail brands selling premium watches, handbags, cosmetics and perfumes, travel essentials. New is the Dufry store (travel retailer). Among the added new brands are BRICS (luggage, bags, Selfridges), Longines (Swiss hand-made watches), Olivia Burton (watches, V), Liu Jo (women's clothes, bags, shoes), Radley (designer leather handbags, purses, accessories), Cath Kidston (fashion, bags, gifts), Kipling (designer bags, backpacks, luggage, wallets, travel accessories). A new collection of British gins is also available.
- Tazzine Bar (by Costa Coffee; at night transforms into a cocktail bar)
- Chapter One (book shop and library); Cyb@study (24-hour Internet computers room, Internet packages)
- The Exchange Pub (sports bar); Brodie’s Pub; Breakers Bar; The Tamarind Lounge and Club (live music, comedy shows, cooking demonstrations, films, themed party nights)
- Metropolis Lounge; Peninsular Room (multi-purpose lounge); The Red Bar
- Arena Theatre (785-seat, 2-decks, featuring grand scale productions, live performances, game shows)
- Havana Lounge and Nightclub (live entertainment venue and disco)
- “Fortunes” Casino; Ivory Suite (vow renewal and wedding services)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Whitehall Art Gallery; The Library (with Internet computers)
- Terrace Pool (adults only area, served by Terrace Bar); Beachcomber Pool and Bar; Laguna Pool and Bar; Aqua Park with waterside; 6 jacuzzis
- The Retreat (adults only area); Oasis Spa and Health Club (Treatment Rooms, Thermal Suite, Beauty Salon); Oasis /endless pool & bar
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- Kids Venues (Toybox, Jumping Jacks, Tumblers Nursery, The Den); Decibels (teen disco)
- Shuffleboard; Quoits; Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
Ventura - user reviews and comments
Photos of VenturaAdd Photo
Ventura ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
An incredible video has captured 10 cruise liners anchored in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) and at Portland Harbour on Saturday...July 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The first repatriation flight for the Indian crew of Cunard and P&O UK from Southampton was successfully completed on Thursday, June 4. ...June 5, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A 6th cruise ship joined the growing fleet in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) on May 14. Cunard's liner Queen Victoria...May 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The flagship of Cunard Line, Queen Mary 2, arrived to join a couple of P&O vessels, Aurora and Ventura, off England's south coast on Sunday, May...May 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Another P&O Cruises UK ship anchored in Weymouth Bay (near Isle of Portland Port, Dorset England) on Wednesday, April 22. The passenger-free MS...April 23, 2020
UK's government is discussing to repatriate ~4000 foreign crew stuck on 5 cruise liners anchored close to Port Southampton England as...April 7, 2020
One of the last missions of 2019 is where Esquadra 751 rescued a pregnant crew member from a P&O Cruises ship. The alert crew at airbase no...January 9, 2020
A P&O Cruises ship reported an engine problem on Sunday, December 8, and started drifting. MS Ventura issued a mayday after the loss of...December 9, 2019
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises unveiled its biggest launch of itineraries to date via the line's summer 2021 and winter 2021-2022 voyages. The cruise line has over...October 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The P&O Cruises Grand-class ship Ventura completed a 2-week drydocking at Damen Shiprepair Brest. This was the first visit of the vessel to the...April 11, 2018
- show more news
Other P&O UK cruise ships
MS Ventura is one of PandO's biggest vessels and also one of the biggest UK-based passenger ships, with sistership Azura (both of the Grand-Class). The ship was christened by Helen Mirren (1945-born British actress) who also sailed on the Inaugural Cruise/maiden voyage on April 11, 2008.
Besides being a huge vessel as size and passenger capacity, Ventura is also one of the most family-friendly UK ships. Family fun activities at dedicated facilities on board are: "The Reef" (with kids club programming), Noddy (character greetings), open-air kids playing areas, "Beachcomber" and "Laguna" (family pools), "The Beach House" (casual family restaurant for dinner) and Havana Lounge (evening family shows).
During the whole summer of 2014, for the first time, P&O operated Ventura with exclusively fly-cruises to Mediterranean from UK. During winter, the liner offers Caribbean cruises from homeport Bridgetown Barbados, also operated with fly-cruise deals from UK (Southampton England). P&O UK's "flight and cruise" deals to Caribbean are additionally inclusive of discounted airfare to and from Barbados.
The ship's current Captain (Master) is Paul Brown.