Ventura Review and Specifications
Specifications of Ventura
|Year built||2008 / Age : 10|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 690 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises UK|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||289 m / 948 ft|
|Beam (width)||48 m / 157 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||116017 gt|
|Passengers||3106 - 3727|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Christened by||Helen Mirren|
Current itinerary of Ventura
Ventura current cruise is 17 days, round-trip Spain and Greece. Prices start from USD 1699 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 18 Sep, 2018 and ends on 05 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Sep||Departing from Southampton, England|
|22 Sep||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Spain|
|25 Sep||Zakynthos Island, Greece|
|26 Sep||Mykonos Island, Greece|
|27 Sep||Santorini Island, Greece|
|28 Sep||Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|29 Sep||Katakolon, Olympia, Greece|
|02 Oct||Gibraltar, UK|
|05 Oct||Arriving in Southampton, England|
Review of Ventura
Launched in 2008, Ventura is one of the Grand-class PO cruise ships, together with ms Azura.
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 116,017-ton, 3,574-passenger cruise ship Ventura was christened in Southampton on April 16, 2008 by the famous british actress Dame Helen Mirren (assisted by a team of Royal Marine Commandos). The cruise ship is particularly larger - by 30 % than any other vessel in the P&O Cruises fleet. This means there's more room for contemporary facilities, like expanded children-related amenities, recreational opportunities (bungee jumping) and different restaurants. What is more, it is difficult to find any sign of traditional P&O Cruises in the hardware - no card room, nowhere to have a sit in the library, no art auctions (all the pictures are on sale, but showed with the price) and no monotonous teak-and-cream colouring (there's cheery decor and modern artwork instead). The travelers are also distinct; still quite a lot of the retired cruisers that P&O Cruises is known for attracting, but also lots of families with kids.
Cruise itinerary program
Ventura itinerary program is based on cruises from Southampton and Bridgetown, including Caribbean Islands voyages from Barbados; roudtrip sailings from Southampton to Iberia (Portugal and Spain), Mediterranean and Canary Islands; "mini cruises" to Belgium, France and Holland; Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Ventura staterooms are 165-sq.foot Balcony rooms (675). There are a total of 1553 staterooms in 35 categories. The largest aboard Ventura are the Suites (330 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The quality of food aboard Ventura is of a high standard for such a big ship. The menus offered in the three main dining rooms change daily, and there is a Gala Menu on formal nights as well, put together by Marco Pierre White. Cinnamon and Saffron (two of the main dining rooms) offer 'Freedom Dining', meaning that guests can turn up anytime between 6:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and dine where and with whom they like. Bay Tree is the third MDR and offers set-time dining called "Club Dining" by the line. There are 3 specialty restaurants, 2 formal ones - Epicurean, serving molecular gastronomy cuisine and Sindhu by Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar. The one informal restaurant, which proved popular on sister vessel Azura and replaced Las Ramblas, is The Glass House by wine expert Olly Smith (for-fee tapas-style restaurant).
Follows the complete list of Ventura restaurants and food bars.
- Cinnamon Restaurant (528-seat, aft Dining Room; features Your Time dining from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saffron Restaurant (528-seat, forward Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bay Tree Restaurant (596-seat aft Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.; also hosts bridge tournaments, card games, etc)
- East (138-seat Asian specialty restaurant by celebrity chef Atul Kochhar)
- The Glass House (steakhouse/seafood specialty restaurant and wine bar)
- The Beach House (324-seat buffet restaurant; serves as NYC deli for dinner 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Waterside (332-seat buffet restaurant; offers full English breakfast, lunch, Afternoon Tea, Noddy’s Tea/kids, dinner, night snacks; serves premium wines by the glass)
- Frankie’s Grill (fast food bar, complimentary pizza/ice cream bar, hotdogs, burgers)
- The White Room (182-seat Italian specialty restaurant).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
P&O company doesn't go in for huge West End-style productions. Instead, expect revue-type shows with an emphasis on the singing talents of the performer; ventriloquists, magicians and tribute acts; British comedy. In the Arena Theatre, there are two main shows nightly. Times vary in order to accommodate the set dining times. Elsewhere on the ship, the main venues for live entertainment are Havana, at the back of the ship, and The Tamarind Club - a walk-through venue on Deck 7. In both these venues guests will find bands or singers on at various times throughout the whole evening. There is usually a guest band too, depending where the vessel is based. Havana is also the nightclub onboard ms Ventura.
Follows the complete list of Ventura lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Ventura Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub);
- Atrium Shops - Regalia (clothes, souvenirs, gifts), The Wardrobe (brand fashion, watches, bags, hats), Chic (fashion boutique), Emporium (candy store), Eternity (jewelry), Essence (perfumes). Following the ship's drydock refurbishment in 2018, the onboard shopping was upgraded by adding new retail brands selling premium watches, handbags, cosmetics and perfumes, travel essentials. New is the Dufry store (travel retailer). Among the added new brands are BRICS (luggage, bags, selfridges), Longines (Swiss hand-made watches), Olivia Burton (watches, V), Liu Jo (women's clothes, bags, shoes), Radley (designer leather handbags, purses, accessories), Cath Kidston (fashion, bags, gifts), Kipling (designer bags, backpacks, luggage, wallets, travel accessories). A new collection of British gins is also available.
- Tazzine Bar (by Costa Coffee; at night transforms into a cocktail bar)
- Chapter One (book shop and library); Cyb@study (24-hour Internet computers room, Internet packages)
- The Exchange Pub (sports bar); Breakers Bar; The Tamarind Lounge and Club (live music, comedy shows, cooking demonstrations, films, themed party nights)
- Metropolis Lounge; Peninsular Room (multi purpose lounge); The Red Bar
- Arena Theatre (785-seat, 2-decks, featuring grand scale productions, live performances, gameshows)
- Havana Lounge and Nightclub (live entertainment venue and disco)
- “Fortunes” Casino; Ivory Suite (vow renewal and wedding services)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Whitehall Art Gallery; The Library (with Internet computers)
- Terrace Pool (adults only area, served by Terrace Bar); Beachcomber Pool and Bar; Laguna Pool and Bar; Aqua Park with waterside
- The Retreat (adults only area); Oasis Spa and Health Club (Treatment Rooms, Thermal Suite, Beauty Salon)
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- Kids Venues (Toybox, Jumping Jacks, Tumblers Nursery, The Den); Decibels (teen disco)
- Shufflleboard; Quoits; Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
- Cabin grades number: 35
- Total number of cabins: 1553 (of which 28 Suite, 853 Balcony, 440 Inside rooms, 18 with single occupancy rates)
- Dining Rooms: Cinnamon Restaurant, Saffron Restaurant, Bay Tree Restaurant
- Restaurants and food bars: Beach buffets (House, Waterside), White Room (specialty, by M. Pierre White), East (Asian, by A. Kochhar), Glass House (wine bar & specialty, by Olly Smith), Frankie’s Grill & Pizza.
- Lounges & Bars: Arena (theater), Red Bar (& piano), Tazzine (patisserie), Havana (nightclub), Casino (Fortunes), Exchange Pub (sports), Terrace Bar, Metropolis (observation), Brodie’s Pub, Peninsular Room (meeting room, enrichment), Ivory Suite (chapel).
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi access, supervised kids programme, laundry/self-serve laundromats.
- Entertainment - Retreat (adults-only area), Oasis Spa & Fitness, Aqua Park (waterside), 4 swimming pools with poolside bars (Terrace /adults-only, Beachcomber /covered, Laguna, Oasis /endless), 6 jacuzzis, duty-free shops, combined sports court, Golf Net cages, deck games, teens/kids venues (Decibels, Den, Jumping Jacks, Toybox, Tumblers /nursery).
- ms Ventura ship is one of the line's biggest vessels. She is also one of the biggest passenger ships operating on the UK cruising market, together with her fleetmates Azura and the new Britannia. The vessel belongs to the Grand-class series. The ship was christened by Helen Mirren (actress) who also sailed on Ventura's Inaugural Cruise (maiden voyage) on April 11, 2008.
- Besides being a huge vessel as size and passenger capacity, Ventura is also one of the most family-friendly cruise ships in the UK. Family fun activities at dedicated facilities on board are: "The Reef" kids club programming, the Noddy character greetings, open-air kids playing areas, the "Beachcomber" and "Laguna" family pools, "The Beach House" (casual family restaurant for dinner) and evening family shows at the Havana Lounge.
- In 2014, for the first time in the vessel's history, P&O operated mv Ventura with exclusively fly-cruises to Mediterranean from UK during the whole summer.
- Ventura ship during winter offers Caribbean cruises from Bridgetown Barbados, also operated with fly cruise deals from UK (Southampton, England). P&O UK's "flight and cruise" deals to Caribbean are additionally inclusive of discounted airfare to and from Barbados.
Ventura - user reviews and comments
Photos of VenturaAdd Photo
Ventura ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The P&O Cruises Grand-class ship Ventura completed a 2-week drydocking at Damen Shiprepair Brest. This was the first visit of the vessel to the...April 11, 2018
Galician search & rescue company, Helimer 401, has medecaved a passenger from P&O Cruises Ventura, after flying from La Coruna, North West...March 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Advantage Travel Partnership will hold its first cruise conference at sea aboard P&O Cruises Ventura. The 2-night mini cruise is...July 31, 2017
Rescue teams called off a search for a cruise passenger who was reported to have fallen overboard from P&O Ventura ship off Isle of Wight. ...October 11, 2015
- show more news
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
The below listed Ventura cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 17||14 days, round-trip Spain, France and Italy||Southampton|
|2018 Jul 20||7 days, round-trip Guernsey, Portugal and Spain||Southampton|
|2018 Aug 17||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2018 Aug 24||2 days, round-trip Guernsey||Southampton||$369|
|2018 Aug 26||7 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal and Guernsey||Southampton|
|2018 Sep 02||13 days, round-trip Spain, Monaco and Italy||Southampton||$1899|
|2018 Sep 15||3 days, round-trip France||Southampton||$339|
|2018 Sep 18||17 days, round-trip Spain and Greece||Southampton||$1699|
|2018 Oct 05||3 days, round-trip Belgium||Southampton||$279|
|2018 Oct 08||12 days, round-trip Spain and Portugal||Southampton||$999|
|2018 Oct 20||7 days, round-trip Spain and France||Southampton||$649|
|2018 Oct 27||2 days, round-trip Belgium||Southampton||$239|
|2018 Oct 29||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands and Portugal||Southampton||$949|
|2018 Nov 10||2 days, round-trip Belgium||Southampton||$229|
|2018 Nov 12||11 days, round-trip Portugal and Spain||Southampton||$599|
|2018 Nov 23||3 days, round-trip Belgium||Southampton||$299|
|2018 Nov 26||13 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$999|
|2018 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Spain and Portugal||Southampton||$599|
|2018 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$1679|
|2019 Jan 04||28 days, round-trip Caribbean and Azores||Southampton||$1999|
|2019 Feb 01||4 days, round-trip Belgium and The Netherlands||Southampton||$319|
|2019 Feb 05||35 days, round-trip Caribbean and USA||Southampton||$2499|
|2019 Mar 12||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$859|
|2019 Mar 24||12 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar||Southampton||$729|
|2019 Apr 05||7 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal and Guernsey||Southampton||$605|
|2019 Apr 12||7 days, round-trip The Netherlands, Belgium and Guernsey||Southampton||$549|
|2019 Apr 19||4 days, round-trip Belgium and Guernsey||Southampton||$369|
|2019 Apr 23||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands and Portugal||Southampton||$899|
|2019 May 05||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$699|
|2019 May 12||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Madeira and Spain||Southampton||$999|
|2019 May 24||2 days, round-trip Guernsey||Southampton||$249|
|2019 May 26||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$799|
|2019 Jun 02||14 days, round-trip Spain, France and Monaco||Southampton||$1399|
|2019 Jun 16||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$729|
|2019 Jun 23||14 days, round-trip Faroe Islands, Iceland and Ireland||Southampton||$1169|
|2019 Jul 07||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$849|
|2019 Jul 14||7 days, round-trip The Netherlands, Belgium and Guernsey||Southampton||$589|
|2019 Jul 21||7 days, round-trip France, Spain and Guernsey||Southampton||$729|
|2019 Jul 28||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$749|
|2019 Aug 04||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Madeira and Spain||Southampton||$1362|
|2019 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$699|
|2019 Aug 23||7 days, round-trip France, Spain and Guernsey||Southampton||$719|
|2019 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip The Netherlands, Belgium and Guernsey||Southampton||$499|
|2019 Sep 06||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$729|
|2019 Sep 13||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Madeira and Spain||Southampton||$999|
|2019 Sep 24||12 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar||Southampton||$999|
|2019 Oct 06||14 days, round-trip Spain and Italy||Southampton||$999|
|2019 Oct 20||7 days, round-trip The Netherlands, Belgium and France||Southampton||$479|
|2019 Oct 27||7 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal and France||Southampton||$599|
|2019 Nov 03||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$769|
|2019 Nov 15||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$199|
|2019 Nov 17||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$794|
|2019 Nov 29||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$199|
|2019 Dec 01||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$854|
|2019 Dec 13||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$309|
|2019 Dec 17||12 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton||$1419|
|2019 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$619|
|2020 Jan 03||35 days, round-trip Caribbean and Central America||Southampton||$2499|
|2020 Feb 07||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$289|
|2020 Feb 11||35 days, round-trip Caribbean and USA||Southampton||$2499|
|2020 Mar 17||11 days, round-trip Iberia||Southampton||$639|
|2020 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$559|