Iona current position
Specifications of Iona
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 700 million (USD 950 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises Australia|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||337 m / 1106 ft|
|Beam (width)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||184700 gt|
|Passengers||5200 - 6600|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||AIDAnova, AIDAcosma, AIDA 2023, Costa Smeralda, Costa Toscana, Carnival Mardi Gras|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Nov 14||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2020 Nov 28||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 12||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2020 Dec 19||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Jan 02||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Jan 16||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Jan 30||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Feb 13||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Feb 20||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Mar 06||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Mar 20||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 10||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 17||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Apr 24||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 May 01||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 May 08||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 May 15||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 May 22||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 May 29||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 19||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 20||7 days, round-trip Spain||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 24||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 21||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 11||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 18||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 25||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 09||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 23||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 30||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Nov 13||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 Nov 27||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 11||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 18||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Jan 03||12 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2022 Jan 15||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Jan 29||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2022 Feb 12||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2022 Feb 19||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 05||14 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 19||14 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Apr 02||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
Review of Iona
MS Iona cruise ship is P&O UK's newest liner scheduled for delivery in 2020. The vessel has a sistership (still unnamed) of the same design, with scheduled delivery in 2022. PO Iona is the largest newbuild for the Southampton-based subsidiary of Carnival Corporation. Other Excellence-Class liners (Iona sisterships) are Carnival Mardi Gras (2020), Costa Smeralda (2019), Costa Toscana (2021), AIDAnova (2018), AIDAcosma (2021), AIDAtbn (2023).
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
In October 2017, P&O Australia announced its plans to replace the company's existing fleet (5 boats) with newbuilds and also with newer ships transferred from the sister-brand Princess Cruises. The old P&O AU ships will be transferred to Carnival Corporation brands or sold to outside shipping companies.
Iona liner's design was developed in collaboration with renown maritime companies and interior design firms, including Meyer Werft (German shipbuilder), Jestico+Whiles (London-based hospitality design studio), Richmond International (London-based hotel architecture), Partner Ship Design (Hamburg-based maritime architecture specialist with several Carnival Corporation projects - including AIDA, Costa, P&O, Carnival).
For cruise liner's hotel facilities and amenities were contracted the companies Richmond International (London UK), The Four Seasons Moscow, Langham Hotel, and Sandy Lane Hotel (Barbados). Passenger cabins were designed by Partner Ship Design (Hamburg Germany). The ship also introduces the fleet's first "Conservation Mini-Suite" cabin category. The stateroom features a separate, conservatory-style area as a cabin extension. Offering more flexibility, this lounge room is furnished with an L-shaped sofa and can be left open or closed off. The conservatory opens out fully and leads directly onto the suite's balcony. It also can be used for private parties and celebrations with an in-cabin beverage service by a dedicated butler.
Ship's deck plan shows as main facilities 17 dining venues (including 9 breakfast-serving, 7 coffee-serving, 5 afternoon tea-serving, 8 speciality restaurants, 4 dining rooms), 12 bars/lounges, 4 swimming pools (3 outdoor, 1 indoor), 18 whirlpools, 13 entertainment venues (including adults-only), kids-dedicated areas, 22 elevators (passenger lifts located forward, midship and aft), 8 laundrettes (self-service laundry rooms for passengers, located midship on decks 4-5-9-10-11-12-14-15). Ship's largest staterooms are the 3-Room Sky Suites.
Cruise itinerary program
Iona ship's itinerary program is based on 7-day Norwegian Fjords cruises roundtrip from homeport Southampton (England), visiting in Norway ports Stavanger, Olden, Hellesylt (or Alesund), Geiranger, Bergen. The inaugural season starts on May 14, 2020 (maiden voyage) and includes only no-fly cruise itineraries roundtrip from the UK. Bookings for the new liner were opened on September 7, 2018.
P&O's Norway Fjords cruise excursions include sea kayaking, river rafting, zip-lining, fishing (crayfish), high-speed boat tours (RIB), helicopter and plane tours.
During 2020-2021 winter season (October through March), the liner offers Southampton-based roundtrips to Iberia (Spain-Portugal), Canary Islands and Northern Europe. Itineraries (7-day and 14-day) include longer port stays (with late-night departures) allowing passengers to sample the local nightlife. The list of countries and call ports include Portugal (Lisbon, Funchal-Madeira), Spain (Cadiz, Alicante, Barcelona, Malaga, Valencia, Vigo), Gibraltar, Canaries (Fuerteventura, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote), Holland (Rotterdam-Amsterdam), Belgium (Zeebrugge), Germany (Hamburg).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
With a choice of 30 venues, many of which open from early morning until late at night, guests enjoy the widest ever selection of spots to eat and drink onboard a ship built exclusively for the British cruise market. The new venues join P&O Cruises favorites, such as The Glass House, Epicurean, Sindhu and Brodie’s among a long list of cafes, bars, self-service choices, and restaurants. Not traditionally for P&O Cruises, Iona offers exclusively "Freedom Dining" (aka "Flexible Dining") in all main restaurants. The policy allows passengers to choose where, when and with whom they prefer to eat.
On Iona ship, PandO debuts a new "food market" concept. "The Quays" piazza (Deck 8) has a great number of takeaway and self-service food bars. The Quays restaurants and eateries offer international food, including American diner classics, Asian street food, Mediterranean sharing platters, fish & chips, Italian gelato, plus the new "Olive Grove", "Hook Line and Vinegar", "Boardwalk Diner", "Fusion".
- "The Olive Grove" is an intimate restaurant serving lunch and dinner, with a menu focusing on traditional Mediterranean dishes and sharing platters.
- "Hook Line and Vinegar" is a self-service, all-day restaurant for traditional British seafood specialties - battered fish, fish burgers, scampi, calamari, crab cakes.
- "The Boardwalk Diner" is self-service, all-day food bar for classic American cuisine, which menu includes burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, eggs over easy,
- "Fusion" is a takeaway, all-day Asian food bar.
- The cruise liner has four Main Dining Rooms (MDRs) named Aqua, Coral, Opal, Pearl. Located on decks 6-7, all main restaurants offer "Freedom Dining" (open-seating) breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea service, and dinner. Gala Nights (formal dinner events) are also hosted there, with a special dinner menu by celebrity chef Marco Pierre White. The largest MDRs (Pearl and Coral) are located aft on decks 6-7 and interconnected, to make one large 2-level restaurant.
- "Horizon Restaurant" (Pool Deck 16) is ship's Lido Buffet with all-day self-service. The Lido restaurant is casual (as dress code), with flexible dining and a wide range of dishes - from traditional British to world foods. It also caters to various dietary needs, including gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and healthy food options.
- "The Beach House" is an informal Select Dining venue which in the evenings comprises Horizon buffet's forward section. The menu is inspired by British, American and Caribbean cuisines, offering steaks, grills, ribs, hanging kebabs, burgers, sharable sides, gourmet desserts.
- "The Limelight Club" (Deck 6) combines gourmet food with top-quality entertainment, exclusively for adults. The lounge offers live performances by popular guest entertainers, as well as by ship's resident performers, accompanied by Iona cruise ship's own music band. Here are also hosted daily dancing classes and music events. The club lounge is served by its own full-service Bar. After the evening show, Limelight Club transforms into disco nightclub.
- Deck 6 (Grand Atrium area) houses "The Vistas Cafe Bar" (patisserie with a menu by Eric Lanlard), "Emerald Bar" (living-room-like premium cocktail bar), live pop-up entertainment in mid-morning (musical performances, buskers) and early evening starting aerial acrobatics (circus performances).
- "The Glass House" (Deck 7, Atrium area) is via a partnership with Olly Smith. Premium wines are served here by the glass. The Cellar Door at the Glass House offers tastings, wine talks, and wine-pairing dinners. Passengers can relax and watch aerial and circus performances in the unique 3-story high space.
- The all-day open "The Keel and Cow" (PandO's first ever ‘gastro pub) is on Deck 8, overlooking the Atrium and also with ocean views. The menu has traditional favorites, sharing platters, aged steaks.
- "Andersons" (gin bar lounge on Deck 6) doubles as Library/relaxation lounge. In the evening, Andersons serves with alcoholic drinks the nearby MDR restaurants. Lounge's focal point is the gin distillery (via partnership with Salcombe Distilling Co Ltd), gin tastings, and workshops (master classes).
- "Brodie’s and Casino" (Deck 7) is a classic British pub bar with ship's largest selections of UK and international bottled beers, ales and ciders, drafts (draught beers), extensive wine menu, traditional British pub snacks (pork scratchings, crisps, peanuts). During the day, the pub offers live sporting, bingo, quizzes. By night, here are offered live entertainment, quiz games, game shows, karaoke. The adjacent Casino features the latest gaming technologies and various gambling games, for novices and experts alike.
- "The Sunset Bar" (Deck 8, Promenade's aft) provides easy access to The Club House. By day, it provides canopies (shaded seating) to relax with a drink and enjoy the sea views.
- "The Gelateria" (Atrium's top level on Deck 8, at the entrance to The Quays) provides access to Promenade Deck. here are offered scoops of Italian gelato ice-cream, premium teas, and coffees.
- "Sundaes" (Deck 16, in the SkyDome) offers complimentary ice creams.
- "Eric Lanlard’s Afternoon Tea" (Deck 17) is the ship's classic British tea bar.
- "Beachcomber Bar" (Deck 18) serves with beverages the Beachcomber swimming pool and offers plenty of sunbathing space and shaded seating.
- "Crystal Bar" and "Laguna Bar" (Deck 16, in the SkyDome) are outdoor poolside bars offering non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Fun activities here include the traditional sail-away deck parties.
- "Sindhu" restaurant (Deck 8) offers authentic Indian food.
- "SkyDome Pizzeria and Grill" (Deck 16) offers complimentary fresh oven-baked pizzas by the slice, as well as grilled food (top-quality burgers, classic fish and chips), worldwide street foods.
- "The Crow’s Nest" (Deck 17) is an observation lounge with floor-ceiling windows and comfortable seating, In the evenings it transforms into a cocktail lounge with live grand piano performances.
- "The Epicurean" restaurant (Deck 17, adjacent to Crow’s Nest) is a specialty / fine dining venue with Select Dining, impeccable service, top-quality dining amenities, gourmet food, and premium wine list. Dishes are prepared with freshest and finest local produce. A private dining area and "Chef’s Table" (capacity 8 guests) provide options for private parties and special celebrations.
Via partnership with three celebrity chefs (Marte Marie Forsberg, Jose Pizarro, Kjartan Skjelde), P&O UK upgraded Iona ship's dining to offer fleet's most diverse culinary experience.
- Chef Forsberg designed the menu of "Taste 360" (street-food-style dining) and MDR's (dining room's) Norwegian-inspired dishes.
- On itineraries to Iberia (Portugal, Spain) and Canaries, tapas dishes-based menus are specially created by Chef Pizarro for the restaurants "The Glass House" and "Taste 360".
- On Norwegian Fjords itineraries, the menus are upgraded by chefs Skjelde and Forsberg. Skjelde developed a special 6-course Norwegian food tasting menu for "The Epicurean" restaurant.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
SkyDome is one of the cruise liner's signature attractions and largest onboard entertainment hub. SkyDome is named the pool deck (16) which is covered with retractable glass roof and consists of a large swimming pool (with retractable stage) and whirlpools, SkyDome also serves a unique live entertainment program with performances and DJ-led deck parties, regardless the weather. During the day, The Dome serves as entertainment, casual dining and relaxation area. The night entertainment includes on-roof media projections, laser shows, aerial acrobatics performances, DJ disco parties. Note: SkyDome actually sits on two decks - deck 16 (swimming pool with food and drink options) and deck 17 (mezzanine level with a bar and outdoor seating).
On March 6, 2020, P&O announced three aerial acrobatic shows (designed specifically for Iona's season 2020) - Rise (birds-themed), Triboo (battle between two tribes - of the Moon and of the Sun) and Dream (magic-themed). Rise and Triboo are performed at the SkyDome, while Dream is at the Atrium. Two new aerial shows (Virtuosi, Spark) are scheduled for Iona's season 2021.
The 3-deck high Grand Atrium is located midship and has an open-floor design. All Atrium levels have natural light and offer floor-ceiling sea views. Iona's Grand Atrium is a new concept for PandO, created by architecture and interior design practice Jestico+Whiles, the creators of The Yas Hotel (Abu Dhabi), W Hotel (London) and Aqua Shard (restaurant in the Shard). Grand Atrium is the ship's key entertainment space that hosts from morning coffee to evening drinks.
- "Headliners Theatre" (decks 6-7) is the ship's main show lounge for grand-style music and dance productions in the evenings. The theater has comfortable plush seating and the latest LED and sound technologies. The 2-deck-high auditorium during the day serves as a complimentary Cinema and also offers matinee performances and fun activities (Q&As, port talks, lectures). In the evenings, full-scale productions offer West End-style shows, stand-up comedy, and cabaret performances.
- "The 710 Club" has a stylish cocktail bar (professional mixologists) and offers live acoustic music by top quality performers.
- "Ocean Studios" is a boutique cinema with comfortable seating and 4 screens running throughout the day classic movies and recent blockbusters. The Cinema is fitted with the latest surround sound technology.
- "The Club House" (Deck 8) is multi-purpose indoor/outdoor space for families to enjoy afternoon entertainment and play fun games. In the evening, it becomes late-night "music hall" for dancing and live performances by the Iona ship’s band (named "Pulse").
- "The Ivory Suite" (Deck 17, adjacent to Crow’s Nest and Epicurean) is the ship's chapel - venue for weddings and vow renewals.
- Ship's Kids Clubs are on Deck 17. "The Reef" is PandO's complimentary onboard program for children, served by a crew of qualified Reef rangers and offering age-specific activity entertainment. The program is divided into Nursery (toddlers 6 months-2 years), Splashers (ages 2-4 years), Surfers (ages 5-8 years) and Scubas (ages 9-12). A secure outdoor playground area and splash pool park are available for all age groups. Parents benefit from the company's complimentary "Night Nursery" (for kids ages 6 months to 4 years, opening hours between 6 pm through 2 am each night).
- "Scene" (Deck 6) is the ship's teen club - hang-out lounge for teenagers 13-17 yo, separated from the kids' club. It operates only during high peak season. During low season, the Scene teen club functions as an adults-only entertainment venue.
- PO Iona ship also has a 0,5 mi (800 m) long outdoor Promenade Deck (named "Lanai Deck"). It is much wider than the industry's standard and lined up with open-air bars and casual al-fresco dining venues.
Iona - user reviews and comments
Iona ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises announced plans for its new highly anticipated mega cruise ship, Iona. The liner was originally scheduled to launch in April 2020...August 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
German shipyard Meyer Werft halts production and suspends operations from Monday, July 20, for 6 weeks (through August 30) due to a slump in orders...July 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises' newest ship - MS Iona - will be relocated from Germany to Holland (Rotterdam) for inspection work. The newbuild (by Meyer Werft) was...May 29, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises and Cunard Line extended the suspension of sailings until the end of July. The cruise companies had previously cancelled all voyages...April 23, 2020
The German cruise shipbuilding company Meyer Werft suspended works on P&O Cruises’ ship Iona. The unfinished vessel is currently docked in...March 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK's newbuild MS Iona left Papenburg yard's outfitting dock Wednesday evening, March 18, for her journey to the sea. Because of the...March 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
In 2020, Port Southampton is expecting a record number of cruise ships with maiden calls - a total of 14 - which is an increase from 2019's 11 and...February 27, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises newbuild Iona left the covered building dock II at Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany on February 14. The 184,000 GT-ton...February 15, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Gary Barlow is one of the most successful songwriters and record producers in Britain. As part of the pop group Take That, he won 8 BRIT Awards and...January 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation announced it will launch 4 newbuild passenger liners in 2020 across 4 of its global brands. The vessels are as follows...January 9, 2020
- show more news
Other P&O UK cruise ships
On April 25, 2018, at Meyer Werft's Papenburg Shipyard was held the steel-cutting ceremony, with which officially started the vessel's construction (Meyer Werft's 50th cruise liner). Iona is PandO's largest vessel ever constructed - with GT tonnage 180,000 tons and max passenger capacity 6600 (plus 1800 crew). It is also the biggest Australia-based passenger ship (permanently homeported in Australia) and also the AU market's first newbuild powered by LNG (liquefied natural gas). The liner has Wartsila LNG engines that provide electricity for the propulsion system both in ports and the open sea.
Like most large-sized newbuilds, the P&O ship Iona is LNG-powered, with 4x Wartsila LNG engines generating combined output 57,2 MW. The propulsion system is based on two Azimuting thrusters with combined power output 37 MW. The ship has 3x LNG tanks (cryogenic steel) with total capacity ~3200 m3. Two of the tanks are larger (length 35 m / 115 ft, diameter 8 m / 26 ft, gas capacity 1525 m3), while the 3rd tank has length 28 m (92 ft), diameter 5 m (16 ft) and gas capacity 520 m3.
P&O Cruises revealed the "Iona" name for the new build on May 24, 2018, naming it after Iona Island (Inner Hebrides) located off Scotland's coast. The name also keeps the tradition all boats in the P&O Cruises fleet to have names ending with "A". The ship name was chosen via an online contest with received over 30,000 submissions.
Vessel's keel-laying ceremony was held on June 14, 2019. During this traditional event, under the keel (first hull block, where the bow thrusters are mounted) was placed a bronze coin (from Isle of Iona's Abbey) and a slice of green marble (also from the island). Then a 600-ton gantry crane lowered the steel block. This block (#18) is part of vessel's bow section and has weight 461 tons, length 21,5 m, width 19,4 m, and height 9,8 m. The "coin ceremony" was attended by Paul Ludlow (P&O Cruises UK's President), Stephan Schmees (Meyer Werft's Executive Board Member / Project Management) and Jurgen Storz (Meyer Werft's Project Leader). Like on all new passenger liners, Iona's construction blocks (hull and superstructure) are pre-fabricated then floated-out to the shipyard for assembling.
On August 2 (2019) the vessel received its iconic SkyDome. The 970-m2 (10440-ft2) glass roof consists of 340 pieces and weighs 105 tons. For its mounting was used a 750-ton Liebherr LTM1750 crane.
The vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) on February 14, 2020. The ship's Ems River conveyance (Papenburg Shipyard to Eemshaven) was conducted on March 18-19. Followed the sea trials in the North Sea (Baltic Sea) for testing the vessel's machinery and nautical equipment.
MS Iona is UK-flagged (MMSI 232025845).
Ship christening cruise "Ionafest 2020"
The liner's christening ceremony was scheduled for July 4, 2020, to be held in Port Southampton. The naming ceremony was planned as part of the themed "Ionafest cruise" (itinerary July 4-11) starting with the pierside naming event. Prices for the special voyage started from GBP 1300 pp (double-occupancy Inside cabin rates). However, due to the Coronavirus crisis, this special voyage was cancelled.
- Ionafest was based on numerous pre-scheduled onboard events (taking place simultaneously and at different locations / venues) including live performances (music and entertainment) and street festival-like celebrations - all on first-come-first-served basis.
- The Southampton-roundtrip itinerary (Norwegian Fjords) was planned to visit Olden, scenic cruising (Innvikfjorden, Nordfjord), Hellesylt, Geiranger, scenic cruising (Geirangerfjord, Sunnylvsfjorden, Storfjorden) and Bergen.
- Among the confirmed British performers acting live on the liner during the Ionafest Cruise were Clean Bandit (electronic music band), MBE (Trevor Ricardo Nelson / DJ), Jo Whiley (Johanne Morton Whiley / radio DJ and TV presenter), Chris Ramsey (stand-up comedian and actor), Sara Cox (Sara Joanne Cyzer, DJ, radio broadcaster and model), Alex James (Steven Alexander James, DJ, musician and songwriter).
Ship's Godmother is yet to be revealed.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2020
Next tables show the ship's inaugural (maiden) voyages by destination. All itineraries are roundtrips from homeport Southampton England. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, most of these departures were cancelled.
(CANCELLED) 7-day inaugural Norwegian Fjords itinerary
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 May 18:00||Departing from Southampton|
|25 May 09:00 - 17:00||Stavanger, Norway|
|26 May 09:00 - 18:00||Olden, Norway|
|27 May 06:30 - 07:15||Hellesylt, Norway|
|27 May 09:00 - 17:00||Geiranger, Norway|
|28 May 07:30 - 14:30||Bergen, Norway|
|30 May 07:00||Arriving in Southampton|
(CANCELLED) 14-day inaugural Iberia itinerary (Spain and Portugal)
|Date / Time||Port|
|26 Sep 18:00||Departing from Southampton|
|29 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Vigo, Spain|
|01 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Malaga, Spain|
|02 Oct 09:00 - 17:00||Alicante, Spain|
|03 Oct 09:00 - 21:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|04 Oct 08:00 - 21:00||Valencia, Spain|
|06 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|07 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|10 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Southampton|
(CANCELLED) 14-day inaugural Canary Islands itinerary
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Oct 18:00||Departing from Southampton|
|14 Oct 07:00 - 16:30||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|15 Oct 09:30 - 23:00||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canaries|
|16 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canaries|
|17 Oct 07:00 - 21:00||Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura, Canaries|
|18 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canaries|
|20 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|21 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|24 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Southampton|
(MAIDEN VOYAGE) 7-day "inaugural Cruise" (Western Europe itinerary)
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 Oct 18:00||Departing from Southampton|
|26 Oct 07:00 - 23:00||Hamburg, Germany|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 29 Oct 19:00||Rotterdam, Holland|
|30 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Zeebrugge, Belgium|
|31 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Southampton|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Iona User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review