Arcadia Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arcadia
|Year built||2005 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises UK|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||286 m / 938 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||84342 gt|
|Passengers||1904 - 1904|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Kelly Holmes|
Current itinerary of Arcadia
Arcadia current cruise is 30 days, round-trip USA and Canada. The itinerary starts on 03 Sep, 2018 and ends on 03 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|03 Sep||Departing from Southampton, England|
|10 Sep - 12 Sep||New York, Cape Liberty NYC|
|14 Sep||Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada|
|15 Sep||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|17 Sep||Gaspe, Quebec, Canada|
|18 Sep||Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada|
|20 Sep||Saguenay, Quebec, Canada|
|21 Sep - 22 Sep||Quebec City, Canada|
|24 Sep||Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada|
|25 Sep||Magdalen Islands, Quebec, Canada|
|26 Sep||Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada|
|27 Sep||Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|03 Oct||Arriving in Southampton, England|
Review of Arcadia
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 84,342-ton, 1,968-passenger cruise ship Arcadia once sailed as the largest custom-built vessel for the British market - this was until P&O Cruises' Ventura joined the fleet in April 2008. Arcadia was not always marked to sail under the flag of P&O. Carnival Corporation had actually planned this vessel to be Cunard's Queen Victoria, but later took the decision to allocate it to whichever one of its multifarious brands that could make best use of it. Because of this, P&O Cruises fans might find Arcadia cruise ship's international style less to their taste than that of more classically British P&O-style cruise liners such as Oriana; although like all the company's cruises, Arcadia scores highly on cleanliness and the kind of fluently running operation that results from the deployment of top notch organizational skills.
Cruise itinerary program
Arcadia itinerary program is based on cruises from Southampton and Bridgetown, including Caribbean Islands voyages from Barbados; a “World Cruise” roundtrip from UK; roudtrip sailings from Southampton to Norway Fjords, Iceland, Baltic, Mediterranean and Black Sea; Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Arcadia staterooms are 200-sq.foot Balcony rooms (652). There are a total of 1000 staterooms in 30 categories. The largest aboard Arcadia are the Suites (380 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Spanning two decks, Arcadia's Meridian is the main dining room, featuring pretty glass design and eye-catching central staircase. The restaurant serves good-quality food in sometimes pretty chaotic environment. Breakfast features everything one would expect, from light and healthy options to British fry-up. Lunch is a la carte, including soup, lighter dishes and pies while afternoon tea serves tasty treats of sandwiches, scones and cakes. At night the Meridian operates the usual dining system of two sittings, where guests dine each night at the same table. The upper tier is for those who have chosen Freedom Dining, which means you can turn up at any time.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia restaurants and food bars.
- Meridian Restaurant (2-level aft Dining Room; for Breakfast 7:30-9:00 a.m., and Lunch 12:15-1:45 p.m./3-course menu)
- Ocean Grill Restaurant and Bar (specialty dining by celebrity chef Marco Pierre-White; dinner only 6:00 - 10:00 p.m., reservation-only; also serving Suite guests Breakfast)
- The Belvedere (buffet-style restaurant, complimentary, open for Breakfast and hot dishes until 10:30 a.m., Brunch, Lunch and Dinner 6:30 - 10 p.m.; with themed buffets)
- Neptune Grill (fast food bar, complimentary)
- Caffe Vivo (light food, coffee bar; complimentary)
- “East” Asian specialty restaurant by Atul Kochar; at surcharge PP/depending on cruise length, cuisine includes Indian, Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, Japanese dishes/4-course menu; open 6:30-9:30pm, reservations recommended).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The 2-level Palladium Theatre presents solid cruise entertainment. Passengers won't find West End shows, but can expect a good spread of pleasing bands and comics, song and dance revues, aimed at British tastes. The theatre hosts 2 shows nightly, at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm, in order to accommodate the two dining times. Organised day-time activities include traditional staples like deck quoits, shuffleboard, talks about forthcoming ports and general interest topics including art. The entertainment hosts spin tunes around the Aquarius Pool from 2 pm, where things liven up during dance parties featuring a cocktail of the day.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Arcadia Atrium (2-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- The Palladium Theatre (736-seat, 3-decks, featuring large scale shows by “Headliners Theatre Company”)
- Spinnaker Bar (nautically themed, opens at 3 p.m.)
- Intermezzo Bar (Champagne bar, specialty cocktails)
- The Rising Sun Bar (English pub); Piano Bar; The Orchid Bar
- Monte Carlo Casino; Electra Disco and Nightclub; Art Gallery
- Emporium Shop; Celebrations Shop; Piccadilly Shop; Photo Gallery and Shop; The Library (with Internet computers); Card Room; Horizon (Internet computers room); The Screening Room (30-seat cinema)
- Aquarius Pool; Neptune Pool (served by Neptune Bar)
- The Retreat (relaxation room with large wooden floor for Yoga, Tai Chi, ballroom dance classes)
- Oasis Spa and Health Club (Thalassotherapy pool, Treatment Rooms, Steam Rooms, Beauty Salon)
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- The Crow’s Nest Lounge (dance floor, stage for live music; with floor-ceiling windows for panoramic views; hosts art classes, quiz games, cooking demos during the day)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shufflleboard); Sports Court (football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, cricket); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
- Cabin grades number: 17
- Total number of cabins: 1000 (of which 86 Suite, 652 Balcony, 162 Inside rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Meridian Restaurant
- Restaurants and food bars: Belvedere (buffet), Ocean Grill (by Marco Pierre-White), "East" (Asian, former "Orchid Restaurant")
- Lounges & Bars: Palladium (theater), Anderson’s, Crow’s Nest (observation), Cafe Vivo (patisserie), Electra Disco (nightclub), Intermezzo (wine), Rising Sun (pub), casino ("Monte Carlo"), Piano Bar.
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi access, laundry/self-serve laundromats.
- Entertainment - Retreat (adults-only area), Oasis Spa & Fitness, Aquarius pool & bar, Neptune pool (bar & grill), 2 jacuzzis, cinema, Library, duty-free shops, combined sports court, two Golf Net cages.
- Arcadia cruise ship is one of the three P and O Cruises adults-only vessels - along with Adonia (Azamara Pursuit since 2018) and Oriana.
- Initially, ms Arcadia was a building order for a Vista-class Holland America vessel. While still under construction, the owner Carnival Corporation allocated the ship to Cunard to be operated as "ms Queen Victoria". Shortly before the ship's launch in 2004, Carnival decided to transfer it to P&O UK fleet.
- As a result of all these pre-launch changes, mv Arcadia as design has Cunard's mast (similar to the one on QM2) and a modified funnel instead P&O's traditional one. The ship is related as sister vessel to Queen Victoria, also to Coral Princess and Island Princess, and partially to Costa Cruises ships Luminosa and Deliziosa. All these liners are Panamax cruise vessels, meaning their dimensions allow them to transit through Panama Canal.
- For P&O Cruises, Arcadia debuted in April 2005. The ship is adults only (along with mv Oriana) and was named by the famous British athlete Kelly Holmes. The vessel underwent a major refit at Lloyd Werf shipyard (Bremerhaven Germany) in the end of 2008 when was upgraded with 34 new cabins and the stern was extensively refitted.
- The list of P&O ships operating World Cruises in 2016, besides Arcadia, also included mv Aurora.
Arcadia - user reviews and comments
Arcadia ship related cruise news
A passenger aboard P&O Arcadia cruise ship has reported on the Facebook page of P&O Cruises that a lifeboat broke from its cabling and fell...January 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
A couple of P&O Cruises ships will undergo multi-million pound refit before Christmas. RPW Design, hospitality interior design practice, was...November 2, 2017
- Cruise Industry
The UK based contemporary market unit in Carnival Corp. & plc, P&O Cruises, will operate just one world cruise in both 2018 and 2019 and...May 5, 2017
- show more news
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
The below listed Arcadia cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 14||17 days, round-trip Spain, Italy and Croatia||Southampton|
|2018 Jul 08||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia and Russia||Southampton|
|2018 Aug 17||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia and Russia||Southampton|
|2018 Aug 31||3 days, round-trip France and Guernsey||Southampton||$519|
|2018 Sep 03||30 days, round-trip USA and Canada||Southampton|
|2018 Oct 03||17 days, round-trip Spain, Italy and France||Southampton||$1699|
|2018 Oct 20||28 days, round-trip Caribbean and Azores||Southampton||$1949|
|2018 Nov 17||4 days, round-trip Belgium and The Netherlands||Southampton||$499|
|2018 Nov 21||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands and Azores||Southampton||$1099|
|2018 Dec 07||2 days, round-trip Belgium||Southampton||$339|
|2018 Dec 09||28 days, round-trip Caribbean and Azores||Southampton||$2399|
|2019 Jan 06||100 days, round-trip Arcadia's Western Circumnavigation||Southampton||$11599|
|2019 Jan 06||45 days, one-way from Southampton to Sydney||Southampton||$4939|
|2019 Jan 06||23 days, one-way from Southampton to San Francisco||Southampton||$2299|
|2019 Jan 30||40 days, one-way from San Francisco to Hong Kong||San Francisco||$4619|
|2019 Jan 30||21 days, one-way from San Francisco to Sydney||San Francisco||$3499|
|2019 Mar 12||35 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Southampton||Hong Kong||$3799|
|2019 Mar 12||17 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Dubai||Hong Kong||$2699|
|2019 Mar 18||29 days, one-way from Singapore to Southampton||Singapore||$3399|
|2019 Mar 29||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Southampton||Dubai||$1999|
|2019 Apr 16||19 days, round-trip Corfu, Croatia and Italy||Southampton||$1599|
|2019 May 05||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$1349|
|2019 May 17||2 days, round-trip Guernsey||Southampton||$239|
|2019 May 19||7 days, round-trip France, Spain and Guernsey||Southampton||$599|
|2019 May 26||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia and Russia||Southampton||$1019|
|2019 Jun 09||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$1325|
|2019 Jun 21||3 days, round-trip Guernsey||Southampton||$299|
|2019 Jun 24||19 days, round-trip Spain, Italy and Croatia||Southampton||$1749|
|2019 Jul 13||7 days, round-trip France, Spain and Guernsey||Southampton||$699|
|2019 Jul 20||14 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords, Iceland and Ireland||Southampton||$1399|
|2019 Aug 03||16 days, round-trip Scandinavia, Poland and Russia||Southampton||$1599|
|2019 Aug 19||14 days, round-trip Spain, Italy and France||Southampton||$1479|
|2019 Sep 02||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia, Estonia and Russia||Southampton||$1299|
|2019 Sep 16||24 days, round-trip Canada||Southampton||$2752|
|2019 Oct 10||19 days, round-trip Greece, Croatia and Italy||Southampton||$1849|
|2019 Oct 29||28 days, round-trip Madeira, Caribbean and Azores||Southampton||$2399|
|2019 Nov 26||12 days, round-trip Norway and Northern Lights||Southampton||$1319|
|2019 Dec 08||11 days, round-trip Iberia||Southampton||$699|
|2019 Dec 19||10 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton||$1119|
|2019 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton||$659|
|2020 Jan 03||100 days, round-trip Arcadia’s Western Circumnavigation 2020||Southampton||$9999|
|2020 Jan 03||50 days, one-way from Southampton to Brisbane||Southampton||$4919|
|2020 Jan 03||47 days, one-way from Southampton to Sydney||Southampton||$4719|
|2020 Jan 03||43 days, one-way from Southampton to Auckland||Southampton||$4359|
|2020 Jan 03||24 days, one-way from Southampton to San Francisco||Southampton||$2309|
|2020 Jan 28||41 days, one-way from San Francisco to Hong Kong||San Francisco||$4749|
|2020 Jan 28||25 days, one-way from San Francisco to Brisbane||San Francisco||$3364|
|2020 Jan 28||22 days, one-way from San Francisco to Sydney||San Francisco||$3219|
|2020 Feb 15||57 days, one-way from Auckland to Southampton||Auckland||$6239|
|2020 Feb 20||23 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$3517|
|2020 Feb 20||18 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney||$2657|
|2020 Feb 22||50 days, one-way from Brisbane to Southampton||Brisbane||$5649|
|2020 Feb 22||16 days, one-way from Brisbane to Hong Kong||Brisbane||$2659|
|2020 Mar 10||33 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Southampton||Hong Kong||$3809|
|2020 Mar 10||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Dubai||Hong Kong||$2474|
|2020 Mar 14||29 days, one-way from Singapore to Southampton||Singapore||$3309|
|2020 Mar 24||19 days, one-way from Dubai to Southampton||Dubai||$1809|