Arcadia current position
Specifications of Arcadia
|Year built||2005 / Age: 15|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises UK|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||286 m / 938 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||84342 gt|
|Passengers||1904 - 1904|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Kelly Holmes|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Apr 13||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2021 May 18||2 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 May 20||18 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 07||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 11||14 days, round-trip Iceland||Southampton|
|2021 Jun 25||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 07||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 11||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2021 Jul 23||12 days, round-trip British Isles||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 04||23 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2021 Aug 27||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Sep 15||24 days, round-trip Canada||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 09||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2021 Oct 28||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2021 Nov 09||28 days, round-trip USA And Caribbean||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 07||3 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 10||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2021 Dec 22||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Jan 07||55 days, round-trip USA And Caribbean||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 03||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 15||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2022 Mar 27||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
Review of Arcadia
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation in 2003. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 84,342-ton, 1,968-passenger cruise ship Arcadia once sailed as the largest custom-built vessel for the British market - this was until P&O Cruises' Ventura joined the fleet in April 2008. Arcadia was not always marked to sail under the flag of P&O. Carnival Corporation had actually planned this vessel to be Cunard's Queen Victoria but later took the decision to allocate it to whichever one of its multifarious brands that could make the best use of it. Because of this, P&O Cruises fans might find Arcadia cruise ship's international style less to their taste than that of more classically British P&O UK liners such as Oriana; although like all the company's cruises, Arcadia scores highly on cleanliness and the kind of fluently running operation that results from the deployment of top-notch organizational skills.
Cruise itinerary program
Arcadia itinerary program is based on cruises from Southampton and Bridgetown, including Caribbean Islands voyages from Barbados; a “World Cruise” roundtrip from the UK; roundtrip sailings from Southampton to Norway Fjords, Iceland, Baltic, Mediterranean, and the Black Sea; Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Arcadia has a total of 1000 cabins (of which 86 Suite, 652 Balcony, 162 Inside rooms) in 17 grades. Most Arcadia staterooms are 200-sq. foot Balcony rooms. The largest aboard Arcadia are the Suites (380 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Spanning two decks, Arcadia's Meridian is the main dining room, featuring pretty glass design and eye-catching central staircase. The restaurant serves good quality food in a sometimes pretty chaotic environment. Breakfast features everything one would expect, from light and healthy options to British fry-up. Lunch is a la carte, including soup, lighter dishes, and pies while afternoon tea serves tasty treats of sandwiches, scones, and cakes. At night the Meridian operates the usual dining system of two sittings, where guests dine each night at the same table. The upper tier is for those who have chosen Freedom Dining, which means you can turn up at any time.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia restaurants and food bars.
- Meridian Restaurant (2-level aft Dining Room; for Breakfast 7:30-9:00 a.m., and Lunch 12:15-1:45 p.m./3-course menu)
- Ocean Grill Restaurant and Bar (specialty dining by celebrity chef Marco Pierre-White; dinner only 6:00 - 10:00 p.m., reservation-only; also serving Suite guests Breakfast)
- The Belvedere (buffet-style restaurant, complimentary, open for Breakfast and hot dishes until 10:30 a.m., Brunch, Lunch and Dinner 6:30 - 10 p.m.; with themed buffets)
- Neptune Grill (fast food bar, complimentary)
- Caffe Vivo (light food, coffee bar; complimentary)
- “East” Asian specialty restaurant by Atul Kochar; at surcharge PP/depending on cruise length, the cuisine includes Indian, Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, Japanese dishes/4-course menu; open 6:30-9: 30 pm, reservations recommended).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The 2-level Palladium Theatre presents solid cruise entertainment. Passengers won't find West End shows but can expect a good spread of pleasing bands and comics, song and dance revues, aimed at British tastes. The theatre hosts 2 shows nightly, at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm, in order to accommodate the two dining times. Organized day-time activities include traditional staples like deck quoits, shuffleboard, talks about forthcoming ports and general interest topics including art. The entertainment hosts spin tunes around the Aquarius Pool from 2 pm, where things liven up during dance parties featuring a cocktail of the day. Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi access, laundry/self-serve laundromats.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Arcadia Atrium (2-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- The Palladium Theatre (736-seat, 3-decks, featuring large scale shows by “Headliners Theatre Company”)
- Spinnaker Bar (nautically themed, opens at 3 p.m.)
- Intermezzo Bar (Champagne bar, specialty cocktails)
- The Rising Sun Bar (English pub); Piano Bar; The Orchid Bar; Anderson’s
- Monte Carlo Casino; Electra Disco and Nightclub; Art Gallery
- Emporium Shop; Celebrations Shop; Piccadilly Shop; Photo Gallery and Shop; The Library (with Internet computers); Card Room; Horizon (Internet computers room); The Screening Room (30-seat cinema)
- Aquarius Pool; Neptune Pool (served by Neptune Bar); 2 jacuzzis
- The Retreat (relaxation room with large wooden floor for Yoga, Tai Chi, ballroom dance classes)
- Oasis Spa and Health Club (Thalassotherapy pool, Treatment Rooms, Steam Rooms, Beauty Salon)
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- The Crow’s Nest Lounge (dance floor, a stage for live music; with floor-ceiling windows for panoramic views; hosts art classes, quiz games, cooking demos during the day)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shuffleboard); Sports Court (football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, cricket); Table Tennis; two Golf Net cages.
Arcadia - user reviews and comments
Arcadia ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK confirmed an extension to the company's suspension of passenger shipping operations, with all voyages cancelled until early 2021...September 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned company P&O Cruises UK extended the suspension of operations until mid-November due to the ongoing Coronavirus...August 11, 2020
- Cruise Industry
An incredible video has captured 10 cruise liners anchored in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) and at Portland Harbour on Saturday...July 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK's adults-only cruise ship Arcadia sailed into the resort town Torquay (off Thatcher Rock, Torbay England) mid-afternoon on Tuesday...June 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A 6th cruise ship joined the growing fleet in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) on May 14. Cunard's liner Queen Victoria...May 16, 2020
Port Fremantle (Perth) is expected to host at least 4 new cruise liners diverted over the next 4 months due to coronavirus outbreaks on Asian routes...February 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises unveiled its biggest launch of itineraries to date via the line's summer 2021 and winter 2021-2022 voyages. The cruise line has over...October 17, 2019
Sailors from Guam-based “Island Knights” of HSC (Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron) 25 provided emergency assistance to a passenger in...March 4, 2019
Passengers onboard a P&O Cruises ship were forced to stay an extra night at sea because of rough conditions caused by Tropical Cyclone Oma...February 22, 2019
P&O Arcadia broke free from her mooring due to strong winds in the Royal Naval Dockyard (King’s Wharf), Bermuda, in the early hours on...December 19, 2018
- show more news
Other P&O UK cruise ships
MS Arcadia is one of P&O's adults-only liners - along with Oriana. Initially, the liner was ordered as Vista-Class vessel for Holland America Line. While still under construction, the shipowner Carnival Corporation allocated the vessel to Cunard Line (planned for operations as MS Queen Victoria). Shortly before ship's launch in 2004, Carnival decided to transfer it to P&O UK.
As a result of all these pre-launch changes, Arcadia cruise ship design has Cunard's mast (similar to RMS Queen Mary 2) and a modified funnel (instead P&O's traditional funnel). This makes the vessel sistership to Queen Victoria, also to Coral Princess and Island Princess, and partially to the Costa Cruises ships Luminosa and Deliziosa. All these liners are Panamax vessels, meaning their dimensions allow transition through Panama Canal's old locks.
For P&O UK, Arcadia debuted in April 2005. The ship was named by Godmother Kelly Holmes (1970-born British athlete). The vessel underwent a major drydock refit (at Lloyd Werf shipyard in Bremerhaven Germany) in late-2008. During the refurb, it was upgraded with 34 new cabins and the stern was extensively remodeled.
Arcadia User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review