Arcadia current position
Specifications of Arcadia
|Year built||2005 / Age: 17|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||P&O Cruises UK|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||286 m / 938 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||84342 gt|
|Passengers||2094 - 2458|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Kelly Holmes|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Mar 27||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2022 Apr 12||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2022 May 01||16 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2022 May 17||3 days, round-trip Short Break||Southampton|
|2022 May 20||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2022 Jun 01||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2022 Jun 20||3 days, round-trip Short Break||Southampton|
|2022 Jun 23||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2022 Jul 05||14 days, round-trip Iceland||Southampton|
|2022 Jul 19||14 days, round-trip British Isles||Southampton|
|2022 Aug 02||16 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2022 Aug 18||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2022 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2022 Sep 06||30 days, round-trip USA And Canada||Southampton|
|2022 Oct 06||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2022 Oct 18||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2022 Nov 06||3 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2022 Nov 09||40 days, round-trip USA And Caribbean||Southampton|
|2022 Dec 19||10 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2022 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Short Break||Southampton|
|2023 Jan 03||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale||Southampton|
|2023 Jan 03||42 days, one-way from Southampton to Auckland||Southampton|
|2023 Jan 03||48 days, one-way from Southampton to Sydney||Southampton|
|2023 Jan 03||50 days, one-way from Southampton to Brisbane||Southampton|
|2023 Jan 03||100 days, round-trip World Cruise||Southampton|
|2023 Feb 14||58 days, one-way from Auckland to Southampton||Auckland|
|2023 Feb 20||52 days, one-way from Sydney to Southampton||Sydney|
|2023 Feb 20||17 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney|
|2023 Feb 22||50 days, one-way from Brisbane to Southampton||Brisbane|
|2023 Feb 22||15 days, one-way from Brisbane to Hong Kong||Brisbane|
|2023 Mar 09||35 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Southampton||Hong Kong|
|2023 Mar 09||17 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Dubai||Hong Kong|
|2023 Mar 26||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Southampton||Dubai|
|2023 Apr 13||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2023 May 02||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2023 May 14||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2023 Jun 02||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2023 Jun 06||16 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2023 Jun 22||14 days, round-trip Iceland||Southampton|
|2023 Jul 06||14 days, round-trip British Isles||Southampton|
|2023 Jul 20||19 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2023 Aug 08||21 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2023 Aug 29||16 days, round-trip Baltic||Southampton|
|2023 Sep 14||12 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton|
|2023 Sep 26||24 days, round-trip Canada||Southampton|
|2023 Oct 20||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2023 Nov 01||18 days, round-trip Mediterranean||Southampton|
|2023 Nov 19||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2023 Nov 23||12 days, round-trip Norway||Southampton|
|2023 Dec 05||4 days, round-trip Western Europe||Southampton|
|2023 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Spain And Portugal||Southampton|
|2023 Dec 21||16 days, round-trip Canary Islands||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 06||100 days, round-trip World Cruise||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 06||48 days, one-way from Southampton to Sydney||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 06||43 days, one-way from Southampton to Bay of Islands||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 06||38 days, one-way from Southampton to Nukualofa||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 06||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale||Southampton|
|2024 Jan 16||33 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Bay of Islands||Fort Lauderdale|
|2024 Feb 16||59 days, one-way from Auckland to Southampton||Auckland|
|2024 Feb 22||18 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney|
|2024 Feb 22||24 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney|
|2024 Feb 22||53 days, one-way from Sydney to Southampton||Sydney|
|2024 Feb 25||50 days, one-way from Brisbane to Southampton||Brisbane|
|2024 Feb 25||15 days, one-way from Brisbane to Hong Kong||Brisbane|
|2024 Mar 11||16 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Dubai||Hong Kong|
|2024 Mar 11||35 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Southampton||Hong Kong|
|2024 Mar 17||29 days, one-way from Singapore to Southampton||Singapore|
|2024 Mar 27||19 days, one-way from Dubai to Southampton||Dubai|
Review of Arcadia
The 2005-built Arcadia cruise ship is one of the P&O UK's "adult ships" - together with the fleetmate Aurora (since 2019).
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation in 2003. P and O is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 2000-passenger ship Arcadia once sailed as the largest custom-built vessel for the British market - this was until P&O Cruises' Ventura joined the fleet in April 2008. Arcadia was not always marked to sail under the flag of P&O. Carnival Corporation had actually planned this vessel to be Cunard's Queen Victoria but later took the decision to allocate it to whichever one of its multifarious brands that could make the best use of it. Because of this, P&O Cruises fans might find Arcadia cruise ship's international style less to their taste than that of more classically British P&O UK liners such as Oriana; although like all the company's cruises, Arcadia scores highly on cleanliness and the kind of fluently running operation that results from the deployment of top-notch organizational skills.
Decks and Cabins
P&O Arcadia staterooms (1050 total, in 17 grades) include 62x Suites, 652x Balconies, 72x Oceanviews, 162x Inside, 6x Single cabins. Most cabins are sized 170-195 ft2 / 16-19 m2. Most cabin balconies are sized 55 ft2 / 5 m2. The largest passenger accommodations are the Aft Balcony Suites (450 ft / 42 m2, with terrace sized 300 ft2 / 28 m2).
The boat has 11 passenger decks, of which 7 are with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Spanning two decks, Arcadia's Meridian Dining Room (main restaurant) features a glass design and a grand central staircase. The restaurant is complimentary and serves good quality food. Breakfast features everything one would expect, from light and healthy options to British fry-up. Lunch is a la carte (including soups, lighter dishes, pies) while Afternoon Tea serves tasty treats of sandwiches, scones, cakes. For dinner, the Meridian Restaurant operates the usual dining system (with two sittings) allowing passengers to dine each night at the same table. The restaurant's upper level is for Freedom Dining, which means you can turn up at any time.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia restaurants and food bars.
- Meridian Restaurant (2-level aft Dining Room; for Breakfast 7:30-9 am, and Lunch 12:15-1:45 pm/3-course menu)
- Ocean Grill Restaurant and Bar (specialty dining by celebrity chef Marco Pierre-White; dinner only 6-10 pm, reservation-only; also serving Suite guests Breakfast)
- The Belvedere (buffet-style restaurant, complimentary, open for Breakfast and hot dishes until 10:30 am, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner 6:30-10 pm; with themed buffets)
- Neptune Grill (fast food bar, complimentary)
- Caffe Vivo (light food, coffee bar; complimentary)
- “East” Asian specialty restaurant by Atul Kochar; at surcharge PP/depending on cruise length, the cuisine includes Indian, Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, Japanese dishes/4-course menu; open 6:30-9:30 pm, reservations recommended).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The 2-deck Palladium Theatre presents solid cruise entertainment. Passengers won't find West End shows but can expect a good spread of pleasing bands and comics, song and dance revues, aimed at British tastes. The theatre hosts 2 shows nightly, at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm, in order to accommodate the two dining times. Organized day-time activities include traditional staples like deck quoits, shuffleboard, talks about forthcoming ports and general interest topics including art. The entertainment hosts spin tunes around the Aquarius Pool from 2 pm, where things liven up during dance parties featuring a cocktail of the day. Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi access, laundry/self-serve laundromats.
Follows the complete list of Arcadia lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Arcadia Atrium (2-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- The Palladium Theatre (736-seats, 3-decks, featuring large scale shows by “Headliners Theatre Company”)
- Spinnaker Bar (nautically themed, opens at 3 pm)
- Intermezzo Bar (Champagne bar, specialty cocktails)
- The Rising Sun Bar (English pub); Piano Bar; The Orchid Bar; Anderson’s
- Monte Carlo Casino; Electra Disco and Nightclub; Art Gallery
- Emporium Shop; Celebrations Shop; Piccadilly Shop; Photo Gallery and Shop; The Library (with Internet computers); Card Room; Horizon (Internet computers room); The Screening Room (30-seat cinema)
- Aquarius Pool; Neptune Pool (served by Neptune Bar); 2 jacuzzis
- The Retreat (relaxation room with large wooden floor for Yoga, Tai Chi, ballroom dance classes)
- Oasis Spa and Health Club (Thalassotherapy pool, Treatment Rooms, Steam Rooms, Beauty Salon)
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- The Crow’s Nest Lounge (dance floor, a stage for live music; with floor-ceiling windows for panoramic views; hosts art classes, quiz games, cooking demos during the day)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shuffleboard); Sports Court (football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, cricket); Table Tennis; two Golf Net cages.
P&O Arcadia itinerary program is based mainly on roundtrips from homeport Southampton, including an annual World Cruise and Transatlantic crossings (to the USA and Canada, and the Caribbean) - all are roundtrips from the UK. In Europe, the ship visits ports in the Mediterranean, Baltic (Norway Fjords), British Isles, Iceland and Norway, Western Europe (mini-cruises UK to Belgium).
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, the ship Arcadia was paused through March 2022.
Arcadia - user reviews and comments
Arcadia ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
International cruises are now able to restart from England on August 2, following a 16-month break. On Wednesday, July 28, the UK's Foreign...July 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK announced its expected deployment and phased restart plan for the remainder of the year and into early 2022. MS Britannia will...June 23, 2021
P&O UK announced it is cancelling all international itineraries on 4 cruise ships (Aurora, Arcadia, Azura, Ventura) through the end of August...March 3, 2021
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK confirmed an extension to the company's suspension of passenger shipping operations, with all voyages cancelled until early 2021...September 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned company P&O Cruises UK extended the suspension of operations until mid-November due to the ongoing Coronavirus...August 11, 2020
- Cruise Industry
An incredible video has captured 10 cruise liners anchored in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) and at Portland Harbour on Saturday...July 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises UK's adults-only cruise ship Arcadia sailed into the resort town Torquay (off Thatcher Rock, Torbay England) mid-afternoon on Tuesday...June 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A 6th cruise ship joined the growing fleet in Weymouth Bay (off Isle of Portland, Dorset England) on May 14. Cunard's liner Queen Victoria...May 16, 2020
Port Fremantle (Perth) is expected to host at least 4 new cruise liners diverted over the next 4 months due to coronavirus outbreaks on Asian routes...February 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises unveiled its biggest launch of itineraries to date via the line's summer 2021 and winter 2021-2022 voyages. The cruise line has over...October 17, 2019
- show more news
Other P&O UK cruise ships
MS Arcadia is one of P&O's adults-only liners - along with Oriana. Initially, the liner was ordered as Vista-Class vessel for Holland America Line. While still under construction, the shipowner Carnival Corporation allocated the vessel to Cunard Line (planned for operations as MS Queen Victoria). Shortly before ship's launch in 2004, Carnival decided to transfer it to P&O UK.
As a result of all these pre-launch changes, Arcadia cruise ship design has Cunard's mast (similar to RMS Queen Mary 2) and a modified funnel (instead P&O's traditional funnel). This makes the vessel sistership to Queen Victoria, also to Coral Princess and Island Princess, and partially to the Costa Cruises ships Luminosa and Deliziosa. All these liners are Panamax vessels, meaning their dimensions allow transition through Panama Canal's old locks.
For P&O UK, Arcadia debuted in April 2005. The ship was named by Godmother Kelly Holmes (1970-born British athlete). The vessel underwent a major drydock refit (at Lloyd Werf shipyard in Bremerhaven Germany) in late-2008. During the refurb, it was upgraded with 34 new cabins and the stern was extensively remodeled.
Arcadia World Cruise 2023
Next table shows the Arcadia ship's first post-COVID World Voyage - the 99-night/100-day "World Cruise 2023" itinerary (booking code J301) roundtrip from the UK.
|Date / Time||Port|
|03 Jan||Departing from Southampton|
|12 Jan||Freeport, Bahamas|
|13 Jan||Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|16 Jan||Montego Bay, Jamaica|
|18 Jan||Panama Canal|
|21 Jan||Huatulco-La Crucecita, Mexico|
|23 Jan||Manzanillo, Mexico|
|31 Jan||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|08 Feb||Apia, Upolu Island, Samoa|
|10 Feb||Suva, Fiji|
|13 Feb||Auckland, New Zealand|
|15 Feb||Russell-Bay of Islands, New Zealand|
|19 Feb||Sydney, NSW Australia|
|22 Feb||Brisbane, Queensland Australia|
|24 Feb||Airlie Beach, Queensland Australia|
|25 Feb||Cairns, Queensland Australia|
|02 Mar||Bitung, Sulawesi Indonesia|
|04 Mar||Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines|
|06 Mar||Manila, Luzon Island, Philippines|
|08 Mar||Hong Kong, China|
|11 Mar||Da Nang-Hue, Vietnam|
|13 Mar||Saigon, Vietnam|
|16 Mar||Klang-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|17 Mar||Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown, Malaysia|
|21 Mar||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|26 Mar||Dubai, UAE|
|28 Mar||Muscat, Oman|
|04 Apr||Suez Canal, Egypt|
|07 Apr||Valletta, Malta|
|10 Apr||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|13 Apr||Arriving in Southampton|
Prices started from GBP 10780 (EUR 12560 / USD 14900) per person with double occupancy.
P&O Arcadia refurbishments review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2017 drydock (November 1-14, done in Hamburg Germany at the Blohm+Voss shipyard) includes:
- Updates and re-designing of all Suites, public areas, bars, and restaurants - the job was done by the London-based UK company RPW Design specializing in interior design. Interior renovations included new carpeting, new furniture, soft furnishing refreshes, new color schemes.
- (aft on Lido deck 9) Aquarius pool and bar renovations included refreshed furnishings, new color scheme, updated chairs, sofas, bar stools, coffee tables, signage, wall tiles.
- The 3-deck high Atrium (including the ship's Reception) was updated with new carpets and furniture (chairs, banquettes, cushions).
- (forward on Lido deck 9) Oasis Spa's Reception was updated with new carpets and blinds. All loungers and armchairs were refreshed and cushions were added.
- (midship starboard on deck 2) Intermezzo Bar received a new color scheme, new carpeting, blinds and new furniture (chairs, sofas, stools, coffee tables, lampshades).
- All Suites were refreshed with new design, new color scheme, new furniture (sofabeds, armchairs, coffee tables, lamps), new curtains, bed cushions, throws.
The boat's 2013 drydock (November-December) resulted in:
- 24 new passenger cabins (of which 6 single-occupancy cabins), all cabins were refurbished (new carpeting, flat TVs)
- The Globe Lounge became the Electra Disco
- Orchid restaurant became “East”
- Crow’s Nest Lounge refit and renovation (added new bar).
The 2008 drydock (at Lloyd Werft Germany, 24-day refit at the Bremerhaven yards) included:
- Stern refit- 34 new passenger cabins were added, of which 10 single cruise cabins, 23 balcony rooms, 1 suite.
- Cyb@Study (Internet center) was converted into The Screening Room (cinema), while the Internet stations were moved to The Library.
- Ocean Grill Restaurant was renovated, Aquarius Bar was enlarged.
Additional 75-ton Sun Deck area was added (size 5920 ft2 / 550 m2).
Arcadia User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review