Aegean Majesty deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Aegean Majesty deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Victoria Cruises Seajets (Small Cruise Lines) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Aegean Majesty cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Aegean Majesty staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Aegean Majesty (1996-built as "MS Veendam", last refurbished by HAL in 2016) is the fourth (and last) of the S-class HAL-Holland America ships - together with Maasdam (now CFC Renaissance), Ryndam (now Aegean Goddess) and Statendam (Vasco da Gama). HAL Veendam ship is named after a small town in the Groningen province (the Netherlands, the northeastern region). In 2020, the vessel was sold to Seajets Ferries (Greece).
MS Veendam/Aegean Majesty cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 675 staterooms for 1350 passengers (max capacity is 1620 guests), served by 560 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger-accessible decks, 12 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 2 outdoor jacuzzies, 8 elevators.
MS Veendam deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
During drydock 2016 (done at Freeport Bahamas) the Veendam vessel received the following Suite cabin upgrades:
- furnishings (sofas, chairs, headboards), carpeting, wall coverings, privacy curtains, draperies, bed runners, bed skirts, (vanity), new make-up vanities (quartz stone tops, modern lighting), dressers, dressing tables, nightstands, LED reading lights, wardrobes (with lighted closet rod)
- cabin decors and amenities (espresso coffee machine, binoculars, free mimosas with in-cabin breakfasts)
- USB outlet (on the bed's headboard), power outlets, LED ceiling lights
- BOSE SoundDock (iPod stations)
- interactive HDTV system (Internet capabilities, free movies on demand)
- All Suite bathrooms were also renovated.
Veendam ship's 2016 refurbishment was part of Holland America Line's USD 300 million fleet renovation program (scheduled for 2016-2018) that also included updating onboard entertainment, dining and suites fleetwide.
Also in 2016, Holland America Line updated the Veendam's shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old "Dancing With the Stars" with "BBC Earth" content.
- The ship's theatre lounge started hosting daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings was based on the "Frozen Planet" program (polar regions-themed) - a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship's children (Club HAL) facilities featured an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
Holland America-themed cruises featured access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children had the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Veendam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard specialty restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and specialty beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
Aegean Majesty deck plans are property of Victoria Cruises Seajets (Small Cruise Lines). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.