Fred Olsen Borealis deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Fred Olsen Borealis deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Fred Olsen Cruise Lines deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Fred Olsen Borealis cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Fred Olsen Borealis staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Borealis (1997-built as "MS Rotterdam VI", last refurbished in 2020 by Fred Olsen, last refurbishment by HAL in 2017) is the first of the all four R-class HAL-Holland America Line ships - together with ms Amsterdam (now Fred Olsen Bolette) (sistership), ms Volendam and ms Zaandam. HAL Rotterdam (named after Rotterdam City Holland) was the 6th ship to bear this name during the HAL's history. The vessel (as "MS Borealis") joined the Fred Olsen Cruise Lines fleet in September 2020.
HAL Rotterdam / Fred Olsen Borealis cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 690 staterooms for 1360 passengers (max capacity is 1685) served by 615 crew-staff. The boat has 10 passenger-accessible decks (5 with cabins), 11 lounges and bars, 6 restaurants, 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 5 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 12 elevators.
MS Rotterdam deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
During October 2017 drydock (done at Freeport Bahamas) the Rotterdam vessel received the following Suite cabin upgrades:
- furnishings (sofas, chairs, headboards), carpeting, wall coverings, privacy curtains, draperies, bed runners, bed skirts, (vanity), new make-up vanities (quartz stone tops, modern lighting), dressers, dressing tables, nightstands, LED reading lights, wardrobes (with lighted closet rod)
- cabin decors and amenities (espresso coffee machine, binoculars, free mimosas with in-cabin breakfasts)
- USB outlet (on the bed's headboard), power outlets, LED ceiling lights
- BOSE SoundDock (iPod stations) were added only in PS-Pinnacle Suites.
- interactive HDTV system (new wall-mounted smart TVs with Internet capabilities and free movies on demand)
- All Suite bathrooms were also renovated.
- Standard cabin upgrades included new (wall-mounted) smart TVs in all staterooms.
Rotterdam ship's 2017 refurbishment was part of Holland America Line's USD 300 million fleet renovation program (scheduled for 2016-2018) that also included updating onboard entertainment, dining and suites fleetwide.
In 2016, Holland America updated MS Rotterdam's shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old "Dancing With the Stars" with "BBC Earth" content.
The theatre lounge started hosting daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings was based on the "Frozen Planet" program (polar regions-themed) - a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
The children (Club HAL) facilities featured an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
Holland America themed cruises featured access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children had the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
(NEW) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Rotterdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard speciality restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and speciality beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt (USD 4,95).
A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
Fred Olsen Borealis deck plans are property of Fred Olsen Cruise Lines. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.