Piano Land deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Piano Land deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Astro Ocean Cruise China (Small Cruise Lines) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Piano Land cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Piano Land staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Piano Land (built 1995, last refurbished in 2016 as "MV Oriana", last refurbishment by Astro Ocean in 2019) was the oldest liner in PandO UK's fleet. The vessel was P&O's’s flagship (main ship in the fleet) until the arrival of Britannia (2015). Oriana was also one of P&O's adults' ships - together with Arcadia and Aurora. In 1997, the vessel was awarded the “Golden Cockerel” for being P&O Cruises fleet’s fastest (max cruising speed 31 mph / 50 kph). The only cruise ships that are faster than Oriana include Costa Voyager (now Chinese Taishan) and Cunard Line’s RMS Queen Mary 2. Oriana left the P&O fleet in August 2019. The ship was purchased in 2018 by the new Chinese company Twinkle Travel Cruise (brand of CTS-China Travel Services International).
P&O Oriana cruise ship deck plan has a total of 941 staterooms (for 1882 passengers (max capacity is 1950 guests) served by 800 crew/staff, 7 bars, 3 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzies. In the period 2011-2019, Oriana was advertised as "adults only ship" (without any especially family- or kids-dedicated facilities or programs available on board).
Note: On P&O Oriana ship, launderettes were located on decks A, C, D, E, F. These were passenger use laundry facilities (open 8am-10pm, complimentary), complete with dryers, washers, ironing boards. Detergent costs extra, or you can use your own. Dry cleaning (conventional) was also available, with service charges per item. List with dry-cleaning prices was available in all staterooms.
MS Piano Land refurbishment 2020 review
During drydock 2020 (at COSCO Zhoushan Shipyard) the Piano Land ship received major interior and technical upgrades.
New suite categories were grouped in an exclusive (suite-only) complex with its own restaurant and pool deck. New suites' perks include priority boarding-tendering-debarkation, VIP shopping (private experiences), free WiFi, discount-priced Spa treatments. Many existing staterooms were upgraded to "family cabins" (with triple occupancy) by adding a 3rd bed. The 2-deck high duty-free shopping area (decks 6-7) was expanded (tripled in size) and now represents 100+ different brands.
The liner was upgraded with a new and more powerful marine HVAC (heat-ventilation-air conditioning) system.
Oriana deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The ship last entered drydock in 2016. The 3-week long refurbishment (November 25 - December 15) was done at Blohm+Voss shipyard (Hamburg Germany) and resulted in the following changes:
- Refurbishment works included a renovation of all cruise staterooms, lounges, restaurants and all indoor and outdoor public spaces.
- All passenger cabins and suites received new soft furnishings, furniture was refreshed (repaired or replaced), bathrooms upgraded, cabin balconies were renovated.
- Among the upgraded venues were Lord’s Tavern (sports bar on Promenade Deck 7), Riviera Bar (poolside bar on Lido Deck 12), The Conservatory restaurant (Deck 12), Anderson’s Bar (Deck 7), Oasis Spa & Fitness (wellness complex on Lido Deck), also the ship's main lounge "Theatre Royal" (Promenade Deck 7).
- The Conservatory and The Beach House (both located aft on Lido Deck 12) were upgraded with new service counters, redesigned (increased seating, more 2-seat tables).
- Anderson’s Bar (midship on Deck 7) received new furniture (bar stools, sofas, tables, chairs, lamps), also new carpets and rugs.
- The Oasis wellness complex received new tiling in the thermal area (sauna, steam room, spa whirlpool, changing rooms), as well as new modern furniture, washbasins, treatment beds. The beauty salon's and gym's equipment were upgraded. Luxurious heated loungers and a living plant wall were added in the spa area.
- Theatre Royal was updated (seating upholstery was refreshed). New sound and lighting equipment was installed.
- The ship's two main dining room restaurants (Peninsular, and Oriental) were updated with new carpets and curtains, upgraded lighting (incl new designs), new colour schemes.
- The refurbishment contractor was Richmond International (luxury hotel design firm).
In January 2018, the ship entered again into drydock (3-week) for technical maintenance.
Piano Land deck plans are property of Astro Ocean Cruise China (Small Cruise Lines). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.