Aurora deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the Aurora cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Aurora staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
P and O Aurora (built 2001, last refurbished in 2014 December, scheduled refurbishment in 2019 March) is one of the bigger P and O ships – similar in size to Oceanaand Oriana. Aurora cruise ship was was christened by HRH Princess Anne (The Princess Royal).
P and O Aurora cruise ship deck plan has a total of 941 staterooms for 1882 passengers (max capacity is 1950 guests) served by 850 crew/staff, 10 passenger decks with 6 restaurants, 10 bars, 3 swimming pools (all fresh water, 1 is covered by the Skydome retractable roof), 4 jacuzzies, 10 elevators.
Note: On P&O Aurora ship, launderettes are located on decks C and A. These are passenger use laundry facilities (open 8am-10pm, complimentary), complete with dryers, washers, ironing boards. Detergent costs extra, or you can use your own. Dry cleaning (called Wascomat or Aquatex /eco-friendly wet cleaning) is available, with service charges per item. List with dry-cleaning prices is available in all cabins.
Aurora deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
Follows the list of deck plan changes after the 2014 drydock refurbishment in Hamburg (Nov 29 to Dec 18):
- new livery design. The refit in 2014 makes ms Aurora the first of all P and O cruise ships with the new livery for the P&O line- the Union Jack flag (on the hull/bow) and the funnel’s new livery design.will feature a contemporary version of the Union Flag and new blue funnels with illuminated rising sun designs.
- (Deck 8) New Indian cuisine restaurant (“Sindhu”, by Atul Kochhar) replaces the library, which is to be relocated to Deck 13 (where is the cyb@study).
- (Deck 8) Cafe Bordeaux to be replaced by the wine bar/specialty restaurant “Glass House”.
- Venues to receive renovations (decor and furniture changes): Lido Buffet, Sidewalk Cafe and the Spa (on Deck 12), Reef Club (Deck 8, changes in the kids rooms names), Champions Bar, Casino, the Theatre and Carmen’s Lounge (all on Deck 7) .
- New Grill evening menu (“The Beach House”)
- New venues: Medina Restaurant (Deck 6, with more 2-seats tables), “Grab & Go” food station and specialty “Costa Coffee” bar
- passenger cabins amenities upgrade (new flat TVs, furnishings).
- The ms Aurora refurbishment project’s total cost is 26 million GBP (~44 million USD).
Aurora deck plans are property of P&O Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.