Aurora deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Aurora deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by P&O UK (P&O Cruises) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Aurora cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Aurora staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
P&O Aurora (2001-built, last refurbished in 2019 March) is one of the bigger P&O UK ships - similar in size to Oceana and Oriana. Aurora cruise ship was christened by HRH Princess Anne (Princess Royal).
MS Aurora cruise ship deck plan has a total of 962 staterooms for 1874 passengers (max capacity is 1950) served by 860 crew-staff. The boat has 13 decks (10 passenger-accessible, 7 with cabins), 6 restaurants, 10 bars/lounges, 3 swimming pools (all freshwater, 1x covered by the Skydome/retractable roof), 4 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 10 elevators.
Note: On P&O Aurora ship, launderettes are located on decks C and A. These are passenger use laundry facilities (open 8 am - 10 pm, complimentary), complete with dryers, washers, ironing boards. Detergent costs extra, or you can use your own. Dry cleaning (called Wascomat or Aquatex /eco-friendly wet cleaning) is available, with service charges per item. List with dry-cleaning prices is available in all cabins.
Aurora deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
Follows the list of deck plan changes after the 2014 drydock refurbishment in Hamburg (Nov 29 to Dec 18):
- new livery design. The refit in 2014 makes ms Aurora the first of all P and O cruise ships with the new livery for the P&O line- the Union Jack flag (on the hull/bow) and the funnel’s new livery design will feature a contemporary version of the Union Flag and new blue funnels with illuminated rising sun designs.
- (Deck 8) New Indian cuisine restaurant (“Sindhu”, by Atul Kochhar) replaces the library, which is to be relocated to Deck 13 (where is the cyb@study).
- (Deck 8) Cafe Bordeaux to be replaced by the wine bar/specialty restaurant “Glass House”.
- Venues to receive renovations (decor and furniture changes): Lido Buffet, Sidewalk Cafe and the Spa (on Deck 12), Reef Club (Deck 8, changes in the kids' rooms names), Champions Bar, Casino, the Theatre and Carmen’s Lounge (all on Deck 7).
- New Grill evening menu (“The Beach House”)
- New venues: Medina Restaurant (Deck 6, with more 2-seats tables), “Grab & Go” food station and specialty “Costa Coffee” bar
- passenger cabins amenities upgrade (new flat TVs, furnishings).
- MS Aurora refurbishment project’s total cost is 26 million GBP (~44 million USD).
Aurora deck plans are property of P&O UK (P&O Cruises). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.