Hurtigruten Norway announced that one of its vessels had run aground in a fjord off the west coast of the Nordic country.
Hurtigruten, which operates popular cruises along the scenic Norwegian coastline, said that the cruise ship Richard With had not been in ordinary service and without passengers onboard when the accident happened on Friday, August 5, near the mouth of Sogne Fjord, the country's deepest and longest fjord.
The 67 people onboard comprised 54 crew and 14 service personnel performing follow-up work after the shipyard stay.
In a statement, the company said that no one had been injured in the accident and there had been no danger to the crew onboard.
“The ship is stable and towing assistance has been called. The engines and propulsion system are working and the Captain is in control of the situation."
The accident happened close to Ytre Sula Island (Vestland County, Solund Municipality), ~80 km/~50 mi northwest of Bergen.
The 122-m long vessel was introduced in 1993 and has max passenger capacity 590 (458 berths) plus ~70 crew.
In 2018, Richard With was extensively modernized.
For more Richard With incidents and accidents see the ship's CruiseMinus page.